Bathroom renovation

SlyouThai

Hello everyone ! Need some advices for a job. We had problems with bad plumbing and i had to remove the floor of bathroom , then i decided to remove everything and renovate all. Here is how it looks now , we removed the tiles and you can see the old rendering . From there can i use https://www.th.weber/en/weberdry-2k-flex

wich can me mixed with different ratio for rendering or roller. Idea is to first adjust with a thin render of the wall ( i dont want to loose more space its small ) to have a flat and " clean " surface , then after that we use the same product but to roll 2 times the product for waterproofing . In the video on the official page they do not use waterproofing tapes in corners and im not sure why and if i should use it.

Or maybe its easier to do thin rendering with weberdry 2K then go with a liquid membrane like MR fixit products  ?

Am i missing some important steps there ? Primer at some stages ?

What about the floor can they just lay this product directly since we already have a slope ?

Will add a picture of how hopefully it may look when done. SCG shop made a 3d rendering for free with some tiles they sell

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-17 at 3.21.02 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-16 at 5.10.08 PM.jpeg

"wood tiles " for shower are obviously ceramic and antislippery. For the counter i will not use wood but something else or composite product.

Edited by SlyouThai

Hello I am in the process of tiling my first floor with wood plank tiles. I am  using and can highly suggest a tile leveling system to prevent lippage fro the natural warp of long tiles. A kit to do the bathroom can be had from global for about 590 baht and work dream. It is a bit of a pain and time consuming but in a small bath it may be worth it.

• Like 1

You will more than likely find they will Tile using cement they all seem to do it that way here. They will mix a water proof liquid (bit like water) in with the cement to stop any leaks. But you will have to keep an eye on them just in case.

Have just had one of my on-suite wet rooms sorted the tiling was done by the Boss and must say he did a good job. Then he left it to his workman who ended up putting the system in back to front. Soon fixed once pointed out. 

I just wanted the piping put on the surface I have had to many problems with leaks in the past. But if you are going to have the pipes put into the walls make sure they pressure test it all before Tiling.

Just had another look at your picture what the Buddha is that concrete blocking. Did it used to be a water butt??? whatever tell them get rid of anything like that and let them tile as said with cement they will get their levels correct if they know what they are doing.

IMGP0005 (6).JPG

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

You will more than likely find they will Tile using cement they all seem to do it that way here. They will mix a water proof liquid (bit like water) in with the cement to stop any leaks. But you will have to keep an eye on them just in case.

Have just had one of my on-suite wet rooms sorted the tiling was done by the Boss and must say he did a good job. Then he left it to his workman who ended up putting the system in back to front. Soon fixed once pointed out. 

I just wanted the piping put on the surface I have had to many problems with leaks in the past. But if you are going to have the pipes put into the walls make sure they pressure test it all before Tiling.

IMGP0005 (6).JPG

Next time pick the tile yourself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Next time pick the tile yourself...

I wanted a cheap job just wanted/requested non slip on the floor. I have 5 double bed rooms all on-Suite by the time all are done it would work out a fortune for something I will never personally use. My own one is granite. But that can be a problem as Granite is very slippery when wet. Looks nice though. Practical and cheap is what I go for now. What do you want it isn't even my own place it's in the wife's name.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 8:33 PM, fredob43 said:

Just had another look at your picture what the Buddha is that concrete blocking. Did it used to be a water butt??? whatever tell them get rid of anything like that and let them tile as said with cement they will get their levels correct if they know what they are doing.

Says the man whose toilet cistern is on backwards ????

Fetching my coat.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Because you wanted a cheap job?

Or because it's not installed, it's just waiting in a corner waiting for the cheap labor to install it? 

Please read my first post I did try and explain what had happened.

The Boss did the tiling fitted the toilet base. then told one of his labours to fit the system. And he put it on back to front. Not a problem as nothing had been plumbed in, just the two fixing screws done up. I spotted it at once and we all had a laugh.  

Edited by Crossy
flame removed

14 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Please read my first post I did try and explain what had happened.

The Boss did the tiling fitted the toilet base. then told one of his labours to fit the system. And he put it on back to front. Not a problem as nothing had been plumbed in, just the two fixing screws done up. I spotted it at once and we all had a laugh.  

I'm calling BS. 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Because you wanted a cheap job?

Please allow me to tell the full story. Was having work done on the house. They had fitted a new side roof, and repainted anything that didn't move inside and out + lots of other bits.

At the eleventh hour I decided while they were here I would have one of my spare bedrooms sorted. They put a new ceiling/electric in and changed two double windows. So decided I would have the on-suite sorted as well. The total without the on-suite was just over 180k bht that's why I wanted a cheap job. Not that cheap as it turned out, as that ended up at around another 20k+ as well, by the time I added on the new toilet, basin taps, and shower. Still not finished as I have to get a new Aircon 19k??? and double bed & curtains +++ Whatever around a 1/4 of a Mil; should see it done. Happy now.

Edited by fredob43