Returning to Thailand from the UK, advice needed

Hi Guy's

I am in the midst of trying to return to Thailand to see my family, its been way to long now. I am having issues in gathering the correct information from the embassy in London. For those in the know can you please assist on the below ( Sorry if this has been discussed numerous times, really would appreciate any info ).

I have asked the embassy via their home page on the below but have had zero response, can somebody advise?

* I am married to a Thai and we have 2 children, what documents do I need to provide to apply for my return and where do I send them?

* My Non O visa expired in July and as I was out of the country I could not extend it, can I apply for a new non O in the UK, has anyone succeeded in this?

* Information on repatriation flight options, I am looking to return in late November or early December.

* List of quarantine hotels.

* Insurance providers.

Can somebody please help???

Cheers

Ace

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

London embassy are extremely knowledgeable and helpful

Good luck

Cant stand facebook (their politics lack of privacy) but this group sounds interesting are there no alternative groups sharing experiences in non face book chat groups.

Posted Images

I too am trying to get all the info together to get back to thailand to see my thai wife.

when i contacted the thai embassy they told me the visa can be applied for at the same time as the certificate of entry.My visa expired too while in the uk.
A lot of the information you require is on this site...however its spread over many posts .A pinned idiots guide would really help as the embassy website doesnt answer all the questions .

5 hours ago, jimn said:

Join this facebook group and ask your question or look via the search feature.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272003337395576/?ref=share

Cant stand facebook (their politics lack of privacy) but this group sounds interesting are there no alternative

groups sharing experiences in non face book chat groups.

• Like 2

Sorry I have no idea. There are 4 facebook help groups that I know of plus 3  ASQ help groups. Info on there is instant and not blighted by some of the old fashioned views you sometimes get on Thai Visa

• Thanks 1

I am in a similar situation but I am coming from the U.S. Does anyone know if I need to send my application for a non o married to a thai via e mail or USPS. There are no instructions on the application. Also do I need to send all my documents I.E copy of passport,  Marriage certificate,  and passport photos via email along with the application as one pkg ????. There web site does not contain clear explanations. If anyone has a better website address than thaiembdc.org please pass it along Thank You

20 hours ago, supersomchai said:

when i contacted the thai embassy they told me the visa can be applied for at the same time as the certificate of entry.

Yes I've seen that as well, but how exactly I wonder ? Do you not do it using the normal online VISA system, just the VISa and COE etc together by email ? Yes there is a lot of information on the website, but also a lot that isn't there.

I too am not on facebook, and loathe to sign up, but if needs must to read those discussion groups then it may have to be done.

Edited by Tuvoc
21 hours ago, Know not me said:

I am in a similar situation but I am coming from the U.S. Does anyone know if I need to send my application for a non o married to a thai via e mail or USPS. There are no instructions on the application. Also do I need to send all my documents I.E copy of passport,  Marriage certificate,  and passport photos via email along with the application as one pkg ????. There web site does not contain clear explanations. If anyone has a better website address than thaiembdc.org please pass it along Thank You

Get on the phone, ring the Thai embassy, you need to book through them, you need to supply them with requested documents, they will supply you with the list. 

There is no other way, same as most countries, same for NZ and Australia.