Returning to Thailand from the UK, advice needed

TheAceFace

Just now, treetops said:

I hope so, but the KLM flights that were recently doing the same all stopped taking bookings to Bangkok a week or two ago as if they'd reached the end of their permission, or maybe a numerical quota or something.

Hmm, it's interesting they would stop.

I'm also surprised that more ASQ hotels are not becoming available to repatriate more people, it's a peculiar situation..

54 minutes ago, mnop said:

I've heard that the free State Quarantine is only offered to those who arrive on a repatriation flight. Can anyone confirm if this is true? 

correct.

I heard the thais speaking on the repat flight i was on and none of them seemed very excited about the feee hotel they were getting offered, i suspect it would be a bit of a SH.

7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I heard the thais speaking on the repat flight i was on and none of them seemed very excited about the feee hotel they were getting offered, i suspect it would be a bit of a SH.

Actually I've done a lot of research on this and they look surprisingly good (one could end up anywhere between a 4* or the navy base, but even that doesn't look shabby). Loads of Youtube vlogs on the subject. Feel free to message me for links if anyone wants to know (referring to SQ here - sorry if I'm straying off-topic). 

8 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

correct.

LOL. They would have all looked at the reviews en route to LOS and then it suddenly dawned on them. I shouldn't laugh.