Anyone tried the spicy chicken burger at KFC in Thailand?

bbabythai

1 hour ago, bbabythai said:

Absolutely burnt my entire mouth for 30 minutes. Its satins food and the most disgusting chicken burger ever.

I had some spicy KFC chicken pieces once when there was no regular available. I was in agony as well, had to eat a large amount of ice cream to reduce the pain. Wasn’t disgusting though, just way too hot for farang like us to handle.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Haven’t had ‘em for years - but Wing Zaap are very more-ish.

It was an occasional treat during lock down, I had a Zinger Burger, and my granddaughter the Wing Zabb

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

I had some spicy KFC chicken pieces once when there was no regular available. I was in agony as well, had to eat a large amount of ice cream to reduce the pain. Wasn’t disgusting though, just way too hot for farang like us to handle.

Cold things like ice cream would only make it worse , it just made the spicy things seem even more spicy .

You should have drank some hot tea , that would make the spicy food less spicy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m waiting for all the puritans to come along and mention how disgusting western fast food is when there is perfectly good street food available which is also fast food Thai style !!!!  and then go on about how western food culture is fattening up all the bar girls !!!! 

No fat chicks on the stage when I came here 30 years ago..........

Didn't want to disappoint you ????

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, marin said:

No way too hot for you too handle. Please dont stereotype the farung who live here and have picked up the spicy habit.  British?

In my experience it is just training. For a while I ate many things with chili. I could eat chili raw without problems. After reading that chili is often full of pesticides I stopped eating it. And now everything is too spicy again. 

• Sad 1

I love spicy food but the spiciest food I ever had was at KFC in Hat Yai, about 10 years ago on my first trip to Thailand. It was so spicy that I left more than half of it. I can only think that they accidentally put way too much seasoning on as it was hotter than khuar kling. Every 'spicy' KFC order that I have had since then has been considered mild.   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

In my experience it is just training. For a while I ate many things with chili. I could eat chili raw without problems. After reading that chili is often full of pesticides I stopped eating it. And now everything is too spicy again. 

Can you not grow your own chilies at home? We grow chilli, basil, lime, lemongrass etc in our modest sized garden to ensure they're chemical free. 

1 minute ago, alien365 said:

Can you not grow your own chilies at home? We grow chilli, basil, lime, lemongrass etc in our modest sized garden to ensure they're chemical free. 

I tried several times. But our condominium complex has a garden and insects always brought diseases. I gave up. But I understood why the farmers use pesticides for Chili. Basil didn't work too. They all had spider mites after a while. And I even desinfected the potting soil with heat. 

21 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

I had some spicy KFC chicken pieces once when there was no regular available.

I have those as a little treat when I go to Tesco Lotus.....great and in my experience here, they have never been too greasy.

Different story in NZ when I first tried KFC, as they were dripping in fat!!

21 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Cold things like ice cream would only make it worse , it just made the spicy things seem even more spicy .

You should have drank some hot tea , that would make the spicy food less spicy 

Only one thing takes the " Burn " away from Chilli

Milk

Some farang grew up eating Mexican, Creole, Buffalo wings, etc. Like me; 'merican. I like KFC spicy wings, only wish they had the flats too instead of just drummies. (Where are all the flats?!!)

They're not spicy to me. Now I'll have to try the sandwich!

You mean like a Chicken Vindaloo down the old curry house?

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m waiting for all the puritans to come along and mention how disgusting western fast food is when there is perfectly good street food available which is also fast food Thai style !!!!  and then go on about how western food culture is fattening up all the bar girls !!!! 

You mean that Thai street food deep fried in old oil? ????