Anyone tried the spicy chicken burger at KFC in Thailand?

bbabythai

Several years ago I was staying at a hotel in Dubai and a Colonel Sanders lookalike was there too, in town to promote the brand. He was a real spitting image, and I had a chat with him and he claimed to have been a friend of the Colonel. I've wished ever since that I'd had a photo taken with him (it was in the days before selfies). Can you imagine how Thailand's 'entertainment providers' would react to a photo of me with Mr KFC! I'd have been even more handsome than usual ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Cold things like ice cream would only make it worse , it just made the spicy things seem even more spicy .

You should have drank some hot tea , that would make the spicy food less spicy 

Actually, wrong. It's not cold things that make it worse. It's the fact that water and oil don't mix. So to lessen the effect of the spicy oil, you should have something with fats in it; like yoghurt or...ice cream.

Very mild for my taste buds, but then I eat Som Tam with 10 crushed red chilis and a few green ones when i want to sweat some more.  There is a place in the US Called Buffalo Wild Wings, when they first opened years ago, they had there spiciest wings in a special offer called the Blazin Challenge, and if you could eat them all (12 wings) in 6 minutes you got them free, a free T-shirt and your photo on the wall of fame.  I managed to eat them in 3 minutes, and asked for another basket.  My son tried just some of the sauce and he was screaming like a baby.  They said they were 300,000 on the Scoville scale, I think they were pretty tasty and mild.  Now with that said, when I eat my Thai food I eat it Thai Spicy and it makes the back of my head sweat but  not the front, like when I eat Mexican jalapeno's.  Still trying to figure that one out.  Tried some ghost pepper sauce once my son gave me, and I thought it was pretty hot, I have been known to eat the wasabi paste straight when we have sushi as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

I had some spicy KFC chicken pieces once when there was no regular available. I was in agony as well, had to eat a large amount of ice cream to reduce the pain. Wasn’t disgusting though, just way too hot for farang like us to handle.

Maybe try some Isan food?

Farang Lao is a name of honour.

Edited by hansnl

On 9/17/2020 at 5:52 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Haven’t had ‘em for years - but Wing Zaap are very more-ish.

I’m waiting for all the puritans to come along and mention how disgusting western fast food is when there is perfectly good street food available which is also fast food Thai style !!!!  and then go on about how western food culture is fattening up all the bar girls !!!! 

Makes the slim bar girls more expensive 

3 hours ago, marin said:
23 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

just way too hot for farang like us to handle.

No way too hot for you too handle. Please dont stereotype the farung who live here and have picked up the spicy habit.  British?

Australian. My admiration for farang who can cope with Thai food.

I thought the British boasted about the strength of the curries they could eat (as in “Red Dwarf”).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

In my experience it is just training. For a while I ate many things with chili. I could eat chili raw without problems. After reading that chili is often full of pesticides I stopped eating it. And now everything is too spicy again. 

Clearly ! Farangs who cannot get used to spicy food are just closed mind idiots.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:56 AM, sungod said:

No fat chicks on the stage when I came here 30 years ago..........

Didn't want to disappoint you ????

I recall a few, typically a new arrival from Issan but within 2-3 weeks, they would slim down.

What has really changed are the girls chests, very seldom did you see a girl with a big chest, now they all have fake ones!

On 9/17/2020 at 8:55 AM, Lacessit said:

Why would I want to try any foodstuff that is contributing to Thai obesity levels?

OOOO....game on!

Soda aka Coke

Sticky rice

french fries

KFC-other fast food

pizza

fried donuts and custard

7-11

ice cream

roti fried in margarine

fried rice

pad thai

cha yen-super sweet tea-coffee

starbucks

chips-crisps-junk snacks

burgers-sausage

or any vendor set up outside of any school in LOS......Diabetes is waiting for response about its visa

23 minutes ago, ericthai said:

I recall a few, typically a new arrival from Issan but within 2-3 weeks, they would slim down.

What has really changed are the girls chests, very seldom did you see a girl with a big chest, now they all have fake ones!

You talk about that as its its a bad thing....  I commend the thai docs for the dedication to their work(.)(.)

On 9/17/2020 at 8:36 PM, bert bloggs said:

I read that Thailand is not doing ordinary KFC chicken only spicy at the moment,is that right? spicy is not that nice ,i dont find it very spicy ,just dont like it .

That was the case about a month ago... (shortage of chicken they said!!)... but its back to normal now, or it was a week ago, 2 orders for the price of one.. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Meow Burgers :whistling:

You really meant Ruff Burgers didn't you imported from Cambodia and Vietnam.

Kind of like the Kangaroo meat that Jack in the Box was accused of using in burger in the US many years ago, but then that was found to be a half truth as the meat at the receiving center only tested for traces of it, and the claim was that no burgers were ever made from it.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 5:33 PM, Stocky said:

You mean the 'Zinger Burger' - about the only thing on their menu worth having!

Yeah, when they have it! Last 3 times Ive been to my local KFC, twice they had no burgers at all and last time they had the burgers, but "no wegetabl", something they chose to tell me AFTER I'd waited 25 minutes for it to be prepared, so basically I got 2 buns with a chunk of chicken in. And I thought Chinese KFC's were bad!

On 9/18/2020 at 11:48 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Very mild for my taste buds, but then I eat Som Tam with 10 crushed red chilis and a few green ones when i want to sweat some more.  There is a place in the US Called Buffalo Wild Wings, when they first opened years ago, they had there spiciest wings in a special offer called the Blazin Challenge, and if you could eat them all (12 wings) in 6 minutes you got them free, a free T-shirt and your photo on the wall of fame.  I managed to eat them in 3 minutes, and asked for another basket.  My son tried just some of the sauce and he was screaming like a baby.  They said they were 300,000 on the Scoville scale, I think they were pretty tasty and mild.  Now with that said, when I eat my Thai food I eat it Thai Spicy and it makes the back of my head sweat but  not the front, like when I eat Mexican jalapeno's.  Still trying to figure that one out.  Tried some ghost pepper sauce once my son gave me, and I thought it was pretty hot, I have been known to eat the wasabi paste straight when we have sushi as well.

I love spicy food too, but unfortunately, don't get to eat it every day.

Pity my Local(ish) pub has closed as they cooked the best 10oz burgers.

The spiciest version comes with plastic gloves to eat with.

"The hottest burger in the UK with a powerful 9M scoville burger, 2.4M scoville sauce, and Sriracha Chips"

I'm sure you would've had a fair crack at that? ????

• Like 1