Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Red Cross warns coronavirus is driving discrimination in Asia


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

even illegals can go to the hospital for FREE in my home country

 

but farangs contributing for years, get NOTHING in return

Great, where are you from. If its free is it any good. Healthcare in Thailand is very good and affordable but I'll keep your offer of free health care it needed.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CheelBeel said:

Did you forget to invite FARANGS to visit Thiland now? 
But seriously would you agree that Xenophobia and Racism is a way of life in Thailand?

Good one on TVF. The grumpy old men can't say anything is good about Thailand and want to be treated special. If you only complain you'll also get some back.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Great, where are you from. If its free is it any good. Healthcare in Thailand is very good and affordable but I'll keep your offer of free health care it needed.

Healthcare is free in my country and is excellent. Thailand doesn't measure up on either count.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

I don't take "farang" as derogatory, but I don't really like being called an "expat". I think it's a British thing.

My observations are what he described is true. Many visitors seem to lack a respect for self hygiene and wear clothes for more than one day. Thailand is hot and humid and bathing and putting on fresh clothing is essential. Maybe Anutin should hand out soap with the face mask if he does it again. 

No offense is intended just personal observations.

Hmmm
Führer is always right...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Great, where are you from. If its free is it any good. Healthcare in Thailand is very good and affordable but I'll keep your offer of free health care it needed.

Healthcare is free in the UK where I was born. Far better than your system, no doubt.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yinn said:

The link..

“Many are dressed dirtily and never shower. As hosts, we have to be careful.” the post said.

 

“Many”

He not say “all”.

 

“Dressed dirtily”. 

Is true. 

 

Please show link he say “farangs are dirty”. 

Is false narrative.

 

i agree. I see many dressed dirtily foreigners and stinky. I think you see same before.

Not everyone clean and lovely same faraday. You know. 

Go to breakfast buffet in hotel. You will see dressed dirtily and stinky. Sure. 

 

 

 

51C86A35-B97D-479F-9A9A-95D530A0923E.jpeg

7FD23EFA-4D55-436E-B536-4EDEB12A0F9E.jpeg

250CADED-B1D2-4BE4-8CFC-410AC1501ACF.jpeg

Never see any dirty dressed Thais...hhmmm

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Good one on TVF. The grumpy old men can't say anything is good about Thailand and want to be treated special. If you only complain you'll also get some back.

FYI in the free society we express our opinions freely without fear of repercussion.

For you in seems to be a 'faring' thing.

"treated special" ???  where did you get that from?

However there are Human Rights

We Say No Xenophobia and Racism !!!
"get some back" is it a threat?  Is this what behind Thai smiles ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Genmai said:

 

@Yinn

Are you seriously comparing the public statements of a high ranking politician with the anonymous rantings of a bunch of geriatrics on an online forum? You sound like a prime candidate for the Phuket farang rock slingshot club.

55555 

That was joke story. No farangs really recieve slingshot rock. 

 

 

3 hours ago, Genmai said:

 

Consider that nobody in politics or mainstream media even bothered to criticize his words.

Wrong.

many report. Please google.

 

3 hours ago, Genmai said:

 

If someone made that statement in a civilized nation they'd be looking for a new job immediately. 

New job be President of USA?

 

Trump after he called immigrants migrating to the U.S. “rapists” and “killers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/07/01/trump-defends-calling-immigrants-rapists

 

Or UK PM? 

Boris Johnson has a long record of controversial comments about women, gay people and ethnic minorities.

He has called gay men "bumboys," and compared Muslim women to "letterboxes."

In one column he labeled black Africans "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles."

He suggested that Malaysian women only go to university "to find men to marry."

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6

 

or Italy? 

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/salvini-italy-far-right-racism-league-party-conte-extremism-a9203006.html

 

 

Please not exaggerate.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Never see any dirty dressed Thais...hhmmm

Sure. 

 

But when we the guest in foreign country must consideration and good behavior. 

I think you not see dirty dressed thai in your country. For respect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, polpott said:

Healthcare is free in my country and is excellent. Thailand doesn't measure up on either count.

30 baht. No problem.

If covid positive, not send to elderly home to spread.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-03/advice-from-a-uk-care-home-that-defied-a-coronavirus-disaster/12509854

Edited by Yinn
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Regardless of your opinions of Anutin what he said is common Thai and Eastern Asian sediment. Thais bathe frequently but not just because they get dirty but to cool off, so it serves dual purposes. European mostly come from cooler climates and don't see the need, but they are wrong and their BO can be offensive. Thai shy away from foreigners because of it, unless there are profit motives. Often their clothes pick up their smell and even after washing get very strong. 

I somethings take multiple showers because I get hot and sweaty. My Thai friends have told me I'm just like them. 

The mask incident was very rude of the foreigners. To refuse a generous offer is never in good taste. No wonder Anutin became upset. 

I wonder why East Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans) like me lack the genes that produce body odour.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Red Cross must of taken the month off when the likes of Chiang Mai province imposed quarantines for all "foreigners" entering the province.  Even if you drove in from neighbouring provinces.  All non-Thais were assumed to be Covid-carriers based on - what? Racial and ethnic identity?   Now, let's talk about Covid-based discrimination 'eh?  Let's not mention businesses, transportation, and temples elsewhere in Thailand that jumped on the "dirty foreigners all carry Covid" bandwagon.
Racial discrimination at its finest.  Thailand should be proud.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, connda said:

The Red Cross must of taken the month off when the likes of Chiang Mai province imposed quarantines for all "foreigners" entering the province.  Even if you drove in from neighbouring provinces.  All non-Thais were assumed to be Covid-carriers based on - what? Racial and ethnic identity?   Now, let's talk about Covid-based discrimination 'eh?  Let's not mention businesses, transportation, and temples elsewhere in Thailand that jumped on the "dirty foreigners all carry Covid" bandwagon.
Racial discrimination at its finest.  Thailand should be proud.

 

It's about "dirty and/or smelly" ones that makes them run. 

I think Chiang Mai and other northern provinces closed their borders to everyone with quarantines. So how is that racious?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yinn said:

But when we the guest in foreign country must consideration and good behavior. 

Like when your fellow Thais enter our countries on tourist visas and then start working illegally.  And of course as illegal aliens that get free healthcare and suck the teat of our social welfare systems.  Most of the Thai that I know who go to the US go to game the system and work.  Good behavior.  Yeah, right!

<laughs> 
Then you people do nothing but disparage foreigners who are here legally.
Lord, I detest hypocrites.  A lot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, connda said:

Like when your fellow Thais enter our countries on tourist visas and then start working illegally.  And of course as illegal aliens that get free healthcare and suck the teat of our social welfare systems.  Most of the Thai that I know who go to the US go to game the system and work.  Good behavior.  Yeah, right!

<laughs> 
Then you people do nothing but disparage foreigners who are here legally.
Lord, I detest hypocrites.  A lot.

Thais that are working illegally need to be sent home, just as falongs that no longer have visas should be sent home. Nothing was said about falongs here legally or those in the legally.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, connda said:

Like when your fellow Thais enter our countries on tourist visas and then start working illegally.  

Need smart BMW get them. Thai immigration catch you guys everyday on tourist visa and then start working illegally. 

 

You forget?

 

4 hours ago, connda said:

I detest hypocrites.  A lot.

Hmmmm

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CheelBeel said:

NO this is not a lie and you know it...

The media reported on 13 March 2020 that Anutin made a series of derogatory comments disparaging foreigners
Anutin wrote on a 
Twitter account, "...all you see are farang ('derogatory name for Westerners). They flee their own countries for the safety of Thailand. He went on to add, "This is the reason our country is being infected [by the SARS-CoV-2 virus]. We should be more careful of the farang than other Asians. At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the [Covid-19] disease. Many farang dress dirtily and don't shower. All [Thai] hosts have to be very careful."
A month prior to his March outburst, in February 2020, Anutin was criticised for remarking that farangs should be kicked out of Thailand when he saw some who were not wearing face masks at an event at the 
Siam BTS station in Bangkok Following a negative public reaction to Anutin's outburst, the Twitter account was deleted, after attracting hundreds of comments across various media platforms, criticizing his ill-considered remarks, with some commentators pointing out that Thailand did not appreciate the contribution made to its economy by foreign tourism WELCOME TO THAILND
 

Er, welcome new member CheelBeel, the most popular forum on TVF is the farangpub.

 

you confused.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Yinn said:

 

Trump after he called immigrants migrating to the U.S. “rapists” and “killers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/07/01/trump-defends-calling-immigrants-rapists

 

Or UK PM? 

Boris Johnson has a long record of controversial comments about women, gay people and ethnic minorities.

He has called gay men "bumboys," and compared Muslim women to "letterboxes."

In one column he labeled black Africans "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles."

He suggested that Malaysian women only go to university "to find men to marry."

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6

 

or Italy? 

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/salvini-italy-far-right-racism-league-party-conte-extremism-a9203006.html

 

"That's just joke story". Sure. Ha ha funny. "Please do not exaggerate". If your country had opened the doors to mass immigration (that yes, actually does bring in more rapists and killers than Nigerian brain surgeons) you might find yourself making similar comments.

 

21 hours ago, Yinn said:

Wrong.

many report. Please google.

Please provide link (just like how you ask others to do)

 

21 hours ago, Yinn said:

55555 

That was joke story. No farangs really recieve slingshot rock. 

If it's a joke story why don't you share it around since it's so funny? I never hear any Thai news talk about Spotlight Phuket. 

Maybe I'll start my own FB group and urge farangs to shoot rocks at dirty Thai people. Funny, ha ha. Will you come to laugh together on my page?

 

21 hours ago, Yinn said:

But when we the guest in foreign country must consideration and good behavior. 

I think you not see dirty dressed thai in your country. For respect.

 

Yes all the Thai hookers in my country who overstay their visa and spread diseases are well behaved. We don't call them "dirty" - we use more flavorful expressions. Good luck with your next visa application. Maybe if you urged your fellow respectful countrywomen to stop prostituting themselves for foreign money you might start seeing your papers being approved. 

 

I'd also add a reminder that it wasn't Westerners who unleashed a pandemic upon the world by munching on bats and rodents. 

Edited by Genmai
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Genmai said:

 

"That's just joke story". Sure. Ha ha funny. "Please do not exaggerate". If your country had opened the doors to mass immigration (that yes, actually does bring in more rapists and killers than Nigerian brain surgeons) you might find yourself making similar comments.

 

Please provide link (just like how you ask others to do)

 

If it's a joke story why don't you share it around since it's so funny? I never hear any Thai news talk about Spotlight Phuket. 

Maybe I'll start my own FB group and urge farangs to shoot rocks at dirty Thai people. Funny, ha ha. Will you come to laugh together on my page?

 

 

Yes all the Thai hookers in my country who overstay their visa and spread diseases are well behaved. We don't call them "dirty" - we use more flavorful expressions. Good luck with your next visa application. Maybe if you urged your fellow respectful countrywomen to stop prostituting themselves for foreign money you might start seeing your papers being approved. 

 

I'd also add a reminder that it wasn't Westerners who unleashed a pandemic upon the world by munching on bats and rodents. 

With such a positive and cheerful attitude, I can not understand why Thai authorities and Thai people don't welcome him with open arms. Maybe the OP needs fresh clothing , a bath and acceptable grooming first. Then with an attitude adjustment he might be OK. 

You are in a foreign country and act as if you're entitled to do whatever you want. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...