Red Cross warns coronavirus is driving discrimination in Asia

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Not everyone clean and lovely same faraday

Thank you. Here's a picture of me.

I agree with you about those horrible tramps with dreadlocks.

Jamaican people look great with dreads, but not farang. 

IMG_20200918_075934.png

• Haha 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The link.. “Many are dressed dirtily and never shower. As hosts, we have to be careful.” the post said.   “Many” He not say “all”.   “Dressed dirtily”.  Is true. 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/03/13/health-minister-dirty-europeans-pose-virus-risks-to-thailand/   The video is on YouTube.

Good morning Yinn , u r up early today ... just relax ... there are 'dirty' farangs , and there are 'dirty' Thais , too ... But this is just some people , there are a lot of clean peopl

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Please show video link Anutin say “dirty foreigners”.

Good morning Yinn  I'm sorry I don't have a link to the video ( the comments where on Twitter)

Here is the video saying they should be kicked out of the country.

Still looking for the number of elderly Thai's living in care homes.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, johng said:

Good morning Yinn  I'm sorry I don't have a link to the video ( the comments where on Twitter)

Here is the video saying they should be kicked out of the country.

Still looking for the number of elderly Thai's living in care homes.

1) I agree foreigner refuse the mask in March should kick out. Is serious situatin for death and economy.

safety first. 

Anutin give free mask. Why refuse? Selfish. 

2) Thailand have elderly care home. Is for people (mostly) have no family take care them. A lot in temple. 

eg. 

Covid elderly care covid deaths= zero

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Yinn said:

1) I agree foreigner refuse the mask in March should kick out. Is serious situatin for death and economy.

safety first. 

Anutin give free mask. Why refuse? Selfish. 

2) Thailand have elderly care home. Is for people (mostly) have no family take care them. A lot in temple. 

eg. 

Covid elderly care covid deaths= zero

Regardless of your opinions of Anutin what he said is common Thai and Eastern Asian sediment. Thais bathe frequently but not just because they get dirty but to cool off, so it serves dual purposes. European mostly come from cooler climates and don't see the need, but they are wrong and their BO can be offensive. Thai shy away from foreigners because of it, unless there are profit motives. Often their clothes pick up their smell and even after washing get very strong. 

I somethings take multiple showers because I get hot and sweaty. My Thai friends have told me I'm just like them. 

The mask incident was very rude of the foreigners. To refuse a generous offer is never in good taste. No wonder Anutin became upset. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Yinn said:

I see many dressed dirtily foreigners and stinky. 

51C86A35-B97D-479F-9A9A-95D530A0923E.jpeg

This seems to be pretty much all about you, Yinn (way down in Ranong, not near me in Rayong:-) and nothing much related to the activities of any national politicians.

It appears that your eyes can smell?  

And that you dislike people whose smell is different from yours.

Is this correct?   

Great pictures! They make me feel young again, when my hair both existed and was worn beautifully long (before dreads were so fashionable on us bleached guys).

But they show nothing that can be correctly described as ‘dirtily dressed’.

Indeed they show no dirt at all, nor any activity that deserves the adverb ‘dirtily’.

But maybe my eyes do not have the same powers of discernment as yours, 

Yinn: if you can see smells, maybe you can also detect dirt in photos?  

Or maybe you are merely ‘trolling’??

Edited by PGSan
additions
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

He only said it once. You, and many others, are propagating the 'rumour' and if you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

NO this is not a lie and you know it...

The media reported on 13 March 2020 that Anutin made a series of derogatory comments disparaging foreigners
Anutin wrote on a 
Twitter account, "...all you see are farang ('derogatory name for Westerners). They flee their own countries for the safety of Thailand. He went on to add, "This is the reason our country is being infected [by the SARS-CoV-2 virus]. We should be more careful of the farang than other Asians. At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the [Covid-19] disease. Many farang dress dirtily and don't shower. All [Thai] hosts have to be very careful."
A month prior to his March outburst, in February 2020, Anutin was criticised for remarking that farangs should be kicked out of Thailand when he saw some who were not wearing face masks at an event at the 
Siam BTS station in Bangkok Following a negative public reaction to Anutin's outburst, the Twitter account was deleted, after attracting hundreds of comments across various media platforms, criticizing his ill-considered remarks, with some commentators pointing out that Thailand did not appreciate the contribution made to its economy by foreign tourism WELCOME TO THAILND

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Yinn said:

so lovely. 

I dislike Anutin strongly. 

Because before election he say...

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bhumjaithai-will-not-vote-for-prayuts-pm-nomination-if-palang-pracharat-get-fewer-than-251-votes-anutin/

People give him vote because he promise that way.

But...

After election he help Prayut be PM. Arrrggghhhhh. Nooooooooo!

But....

I agree that in month March everyone should wear mask. Especially travel. Maybe his strong words help foreigner understand is important.

Good publicity for wear mask= safe lifes. Sure. Maybe safe faraday life? 

And.....

so boring now. Every thread have Anutin, member want to say “dirty farangs”. 

And......

some members criticize and mock Thai people everyday. But that ok. One Thai guy say bad (true) thing, and cry 6 months. Repeat everyday.

Sensitive snowflake. Be strong, not care that.

Did you forget to invite FARANGS to visit Thiland now? 
But seriously would you agree that Xenophobia and Racism is a way of life in Thailand?

12 minutes ago, CheelBeel said:

NO this is not a lie and you know it...

The media reported on 13 March 2020 that Anutin made a series of derogatory comments disparaging foreigners
Anutin wrote on a 
Twitter account, "...all you see are farang ('derogatory name for Westerners). They flee their own countries for the safety of Thailand. He went on to add, "This is the reason our country is being infected [by the SARS-CoV-2 virus]. We should be more careful of the farang than other Asians. At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the [Covid-19] disease. Many farang dress dirtily and don't shower. All [Thai] hosts have to be very careful."
A month prior to his March outburst, in February 2020, Anutin was criticised for remarking that farangs should be kicked out of Thailand when he saw some who were not wearing face masks at an event at the 
Siam BTS station in Bangkok Following a negative public reaction to Anutin's outburst, the Twitter account was deleted, after attracting hundreds of comments across various media platforms, criticizing his ill-considered remarks, with some commentators pointing out that Thailand did not appreciate the contribution made to its economy by foreign tourism WELCOME TO THAILND

I don't take "farang" as derogatory, but I don't really like being called an "expat". I think it's a British thing.

My observations are what he described is true. Many visitors seem to lack a respect for self hygiene and wear clothes for more than one day. Thailand is hot and humid and bathing and putting on fresh clothing is essential. Maybe Anutin should hand out soap with the face mask if he does it again. 

No offense is intended just personal observations.

• Like 1