Red Cross warns coronavirus is driving discrimination in Asia

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

even illegals can go to the hospital for FREE in my home country

but farangs contributing for years, get NOTHING in return

Great, where are you from. If its free is it any good. Healthcare in Thailand is very good and affordable but I'll keep your offer of free health care it needed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The link.. “Many are dressed dirtily and never shower. As hosts, we have to be careful.” the post said.   “Many” He not say “all”.   “Dressed dirtily”.  Is true. 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/03/13/health-minister-dirty-europeans-pose-virus-risks-to-thailand/   The video is on YouTube.

Good morning Yinn , u r up early today ... just relax ... there are 'dirty' farangs , and there are 'dirty' Thais , too ... But this is just some people , there are a lot of clean peopl

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, CheelBeel said:

Did you forget to invite FARANGS to visit Thiland now? 
But seriously would you agree that Xenophobia and Racism is a way of life in Thailand?

Good one on TVF. The grumpy old men can't say anything is good about Thailand and want to be treated special. If you only complain you'll also get some back.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Great, where are you from. If its free is it any good. Healthcare in Thailand is very good and affordable but I'll keep your offer of free health care it needed.

Healthcare is free in my country and is excellent. Thailand doesn't measure up on either count.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

I don't take "farang" as derogatory, but I don't really like being called an "expat". I think it's a British thing.

My observations are what he described is true. Many visitors seem to lack a respect for self hygiene and wear clothes for more than one day. Thailand is hot and humid and bathing and putting on fresh clothing is essential. Maybe Anutin should hand out soap with the face mask if he does it again. 

No offense is intended just personal observations.

Hmmm
Führer is always right...

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Healthcare is free in the UK where I was born. Far better than your system, no doubt.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Yinn said:

The link..

“Many are dressed dirtily and never shower. As hosts, we have to be careful.” the post said.

“Many”

He not say “all”.

“Dressed dirtily”. 

Is true. 

Please show link he say “farangs are dirty”. 

Is false narrative.

i agree. I see many dressed dirtily foreigners and stinky. I think you see same before.

Not everyone clean and lovely same faraday. You know. 

Go to breakfast buffet in hotel. You will see dressed dirtily and stinky. Sure. 

51C86A35-B97D-479F-9A9A-95D530A0923E.jpeg

7FD23EFA-4D55-436E-B536-4EDEB12A0F9E.jpeg

250CADED-B1D2-4BE4-8CFC-410AC1501ACF.jpeg

Never see any dirty dressed Thais...hhmmm

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Good one on TVF. The grumpy old men can't say anything is good about Thailand and want to be treated special. If you only complain you'll also get some back.

FYI in the free society we express our opinions freely without fear of repercussion.

For you in seems to be a 'faring' thing.

"treated special" ???  where did you get that from?

However there are Human Rights

We Say No Xenophobia and Racism !!!
"get some back" is it a threat?  Is this what behind Thai smiles ?

3 hours ago, Genmai said:

@Yinn

Are you seriously comparing the public statements of a high ranking politician with the anonymous rantings of a bunch of geriatrics on an online forum? You sound like a prime candidate for the Phuket farang rock slingshot club.

That was joke story. No farangs really recieve slingshot rock. 

Consider that nobody in politics or mainstream media even bothered to criticize his words.

Wrong.

many report. Please google.

If someone made that statement in a civilized nation they'd be looking for a new job immediately. 

New job be President of USA?

Trump after he called immigrants migrating to the U.S. “rapists” and “killers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/07/01/trump-defends-calling-immigrants-rapists

Or UK PM? 

Boris Johnson has a long record of controversial comments about women, gay people and ethnic minorities.

He has called gay men "bumboys," and compared Muslim women to "letterboxes."

In one column he labeled black Africans "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles."

He suggested that Malaysian women only go to university "to find men to marry."

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6

or Italy? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/salvini-italy-far-right-racism-league-party-conte-extremism-a9203006.html

Please not exaggerate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Never see any dirty dressed Thais...hhmmm

Sure. 

But when we the guest in foreign country must consideration and good behavior. 

I think you not see dirty dressed thai in your country. For respect.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, polpott said:

Healthcare is free in my country and is excellent. Thailand doesn't measure up on either count.

30 baht. No problem.

If covid positive, not send to elderly home to spread.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-03/advice-from-a-uk-care-home-that-defied-a-coronavirus-disaster/12509854

Edited by Yinn
6 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Regardless of your opinions of Anutin what he said is common Thai and Eastern Asian sediment. Thais bathe frequently but not just because they get dirty but to cool off, so it serves dual purposes. European mostly come from cooler climates and don't see the need, but they are wrong and their BO can be offensive. Thai shy away from foreigners because of it, unless there are profit motives. Often their clothes pick up their smell and even after washing get very strong. 

I somethings take multiple showers because I get hot and sweaty. My Thai friends have told me I'm just like them. 

The mask incident was very rude of the foreigners. To refuse a generous offer is never in good taste. No wonder Anutin became upset. 

I wonder why East Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans) like me lack the genes that produce body odour.

3 hours ago, polpott said:

What's your tax rate? Someone is paying. Plus, what is your wait time for procedures?