Red Cross warns coronavirus is driving discrimination in Asia

The Red Cross must of taken the month off when the likes of Chiang Mai province imposed quarantines for all "foreigners" entering the province.  Even if you drove in from neighbouring provinces.  All non-Thais were assumed to be Covid-carriers based on - what? Racial and ethnic identity?   Now, let's talk about Covid-based discrimination 'eh?  Let's not mention businesses, transportation, and temples elsewhere in Thailand that jumped on the "dirty foreigners all carry Covid" bandwagon.
Racial discrimination at its finest.  Thailand should be proud.

• Like 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The link.. “Many are dressed dirtily and never shower. As hosts, we have to be careful.” the post said.   “Many” He not say “all”.   “Dressed dirtily”.  Is true. 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/03/13/health-minister-dirty-europeans-pose-virus-risks-to-thailand/   The video is on YouTube.

Good morning Yinn , u r up early today ... just relax ... there are 'dirty' farangs , and there are 'dirty' Thais , too ... But this is just some people , there are a lot of clean peopl

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, connda said:

The Red Cross must of taken the month off when the likes of Chiang Mai province imposed quarantines for all "foreigners" entering the province.  Even if you drove in from neighbouring provinces.  All non-Thais were assumed to be Covid-carriers based on - what? Racial and ethnic identity?   Now, let's talk about Covid-based discrimination 'eh?  Let's not mention businesses, transportation, and temples elsewhere in Thailand that jumped on the "dirty foreigners all carry Covid" bandwagon.
Racial discrimination at its finest.  Thailand should be proud.

It's about "dirty and/or smelly" ones that makes them run. 

I think Chiang Mai and other northern provinces closed their borders to everyone with quarantines. So how is that racious?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Yinn said:

But when we the guest in foreign country must consideration and good behavior. 

Like when your fellow Thais enter our countries on tourist visas and then start working illegally.  And of course as illegal aliens that get free healthcare and suck the teat of our social welfare systems.  Most of the Thai that I know who go to the US go to game the system and work.  Good behavior.  Yeah, right!

<laughs> 
Then you people do nothing but disparage foreigners who are here legally.
Lord, I detest hypocrites.  A lot.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, connda said:

Like when your fellow Thais enter our countries on tourist visas and then start working illegally.  And of course as illegal aliens that get free healthcare and suck the teat of our social welfare systems.  Most of the Thai that I know who go to the US go to game the system and work.  Good behavior.  Yeah, right!

<laughs> 
Then you people do nothing but disparage foreigners who are here legally.
Lord, I detest hypocrites.  A lot.

Thais that are working illegally need to be sent home, just as falongs that no longer have visas should be sent home. Nothing was said about falongs here legally or those in the legally.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, connda said:

Like when your fellow Thais enter our countries on tourist visas and then start working illegally.  

Need smart BMW get them. Thai immigration catch you guys everyday on tourist visa and then start working illegally. 

You forget?

4 hours ago, connda said:

I detest hypocrites.  A lot.

Hmmmm

9 hours ago, CheelBeel said:

NO this is not a lie and you know it...

The media reported on 13 March 2020 that Anutin made a series of derogatory comments disparaging foreigners
Anutin wrote on a 
Twitter account, "...all you see are farang ('derogatory name for Westerners). They flee their own countries for the safety of Thailand. He went on to add, "This is the reason our country is being infected [by the SARS-CoV-2 virus]. We should be more careful of the farang than other Asians. At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the [Covid-19] disease. Many farang dress dirtily and don't shower. All [Thai] hosts have to be very careful."
A month prior to his March outburst, in February 2020, Anutin was criticised for remarking that farangs should be kicked out of Thailand when he saw some who were not wearing face masks at an event at the 
Siam BTS station in Bangkok Following a negative public reaction to Anutin's outburst, the Twitter account was deleted, after attracting hundreds of comments across various media platforms, criticizing his ill-considered remarks, with some commentators pointing out that Thailand did not appreciate the contribution made to its economy by foreign tourism WELCOME TO THAILND

Er, welcome new member CheelBeel, the most popular forum on TVF is the farangpub.

you confused.

21 hours ago, Yinn said:

Trump after he called immigrants migrating to the U.S. “rapists” and “killers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/07/01/trump-defends-calling-immigrants-rapists

Or UK PM? 

Boris Johnson has a long record of controversial comments about women, gay people and ethnic minorities.

He has called gay men "bumboys," and compared Muslim women to "letterboxes."

In one column he labeled black Africans "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles."

He suggested that Malaysian women only go to university "to find men to marry."

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6

or Italy? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/salvini-italy-far-right-racism-league-party-conte-extremism-a9203006.html

"That's just joke story". Sure. Ha ha funny. "Please do not exaggerate". If your country had opened the doors to mass immigration (that yes, actually does bring in more rapists and killers than Nigerian brain surgeons) you might find yourself making similar comments.

21 hours ago, Yinn said:

Wrong.

many report. Please google.

Please provide link (just like how you ask others to do)

21 hours ago, Yinn said:

That was joke story. No farangs really recieve slingshot rock. 

If it's a joke story why don't you share it around since it's so funny? I never hear any Thai news talk about Spotlight Phuket. 

Maybe I'll start my own FB group and urge farangs to shoot rocks at dirty Thai people. Funny, ha ha. Will you come to laugh together on my page?

21 hours ago, Yinn said:

But when we the guest in foreign country must consideration and good behavior. 

I think you not see dirty dressed thai in your country. For respect.

Yes all the Thai hookers in my country who overstay their visa and spread diseases are well behaved. We don't call them "dirty" - we use more flavorful expressions. Good luck with your next visa application. Maybe if you urged your fellow respectful countrywomen to stop prostituting themselves for foreign money you might start seeing your papers being approved. 

I'd also add a reminder that it wasn't Westerners who unleashed a pandemic upon the world by munching on bats and rodents. 

Edited by Genmai
4 hours ago, Genmai said:

"That's just joke story". Sure. Ha ha funny. "Please do not exaggerate". If your country had opened the doors to mass immigration (that yes, actually does bring in more rapists and killers than Nigerian brain surgeons) you might find yourself making similar comments.

Please provide link (just like how you ask others to do)

If it's a joke story why don't you share it around since it's so funny? I never hear any Thai news talk about Spotlight Phuket. 

Maybe I'll start my own FB group and urge farangs to shoot rocks at dirty Thai people. Funny, ha ha. Will you come to laugh together on my page?

Yes all the Thai hookers in my country who overstay their visa and spread diseases are well behaved. We don't call them "dirty" - we use more flavorful expressions. Good luck with your next visa application. Maybe if you urged your fellow respectful countrywomen to stop prostituting themselves for foreign money you might start seeing your papers being approved. 

I'd also add a reminder that it wasn't Westerners who unleashed a pandemic upon the world by munching on bats and rodents. 

With such a positive and cheerful attitude, I can not understand why Thai authorities and Thai people don't welcome him with open arms. Maybe the OP needs fresh clothing , a bath and acceptable grooming first. Then with an attitude adjustment he might be OK. 

You are in a foreign country and act as if you're entitled to do whatever you want.