Beware of stale beer.

condobrit001

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just goes to show you how much beer gets (or doesn't) manufactured and consumed for/during Songkhran.

Two Heineken cans yesterday from local shop, fill date 10/03/2020, tasted OK.

Usually the mass local brewers have fill dates of within the last 2 weeks.

Whut......Heineken tastes OK?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, digger70 said:

Sacrilege Ice in Beer .

I am Belgian, and thus consider only Belgian beers as "beer". 

The rest are alcoholic drinks in my opinion. 

As many alcoholic drinks are drunk with ice, I regularly drink non Belgium "beers" with ice. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/17/2020 at 12:06 PM, condobrit001 said:

However, the beer in stock was dated Feb 2020, which was the same date as my now depleted stash!

If there was a pallet stacked with 40 cases in the supermarket then I'd undertake a major operation to remove all the boxes stacked at the front in search of finding better best before dates at the rear of the stack and then tidily replace them all. 

6 hours ago, Susco said:

Leo is produced by the same brewery as Singha, but it probably tastes better because it is cheaper.

Same as the poor man's beer, also called Chang because it had to pay lower taxes than other breweries as it had made deal with the government at that time, was not drinkable any more for the average TVF member, after they lowered the alcohol content.

Now they swear with Red Horse or Archa because it is the cheapest beer on the market and has high alcohol content. (In TVF lingo, tasteful), in reality I wouldn't offer it to my worst enemy.

Now just look at the confused and sad emoji's this post attracts, to identify the members I had in mind.

I tried Archa but it's only 4.6%, I find 5% the magic number. Leo is the pensioner beer of choice, mainly based on price. I like Singh best, actually tastes of something, Ice kills any beer, only makes sense if a heavy drinker and trying to take some water in. 

As for dates I've not found any old ones yet

14 hours ago, RocketDog said:

In many cases they should be ignored. A lot of food and other goods are discarded because if this marketing gambit. 

Toilet paper with an expiration date. Seriously? 

Unfortunately everything is required to have an expiration date by law and the maximum time allowed is 2 years also by law so many things that don’t expire (water) will have an expiration date 2 years from the production date.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Makes you wonder what chemicals are in it to make it have such a shelf life...?

Only on TVF is the shelf life only 3 months, everywhere else it is years.

https://www.newair.com/blogs/learn/does-beer-go-bad

The Average Shelf Life of Beer

Most beers last beyond the printed expiration date on the package. When stored at room temperature, you can expect beer to last for six to nine months beyond the use-by date. Refrigeration increases this time period to up to two years.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, digger70 said:

Sacrilege Ice in Beer .

Some folk can take strong beer and others (myself) cannot...back in the UK in my local working mens club I used to drink Whitbread Light 2.8%...pals of mine Alpine Lager 5%....four pints was enough for me in an evening..4 pints/hour for my mates :unsure:

When I first came over here 14 years ago after a few small bottles I found that local women were taking advantage of my inebriated state so I cunningly devised a plan to thwart them....put ice in my beer to lower the alcohol content and keep the beer cold.....it worked :thumbsup: and that,s my excuse anyhow :clap2:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, luckyluke said:

I am Belgian, and thus consider only Belgian beers as "beer". 

The rest are alcoholic drinks in my opinion. 

As many alcoholic drinks are drunk with ice, I regularly drink non Belgium "beers" with ice. 

????

Mmmm I am original Dutch. Like the Dutch bier 3 hoefijzers,Bavaria, Heineken and Grolsch.No Ice 

When i was in Aust it was Wild Turkey rare breed Bourbon and Heineken.