A Nobel for Thunberg? In the age of climate change and virus, it is possible

snoop1130

'You haf taken away my childhood' I like Greta. Gutsy and a straight talker. Not sure she deserves it but we all know who she is and what she's after and I can't think of others of a similar ilk. Sometimes the most intense people get the message through. Nice to see a scientist get it who works out smart ways to actually achieve climate outcomes and at the same time  can help the poorer and richer economies to cope and grow and lead to a stronger peace.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nakornpingpong said:

Actually she set 2030 as a deadline.

I came across a bunch of different statements she has made to adoring journalists, all with different deadlines.

It's almost as if she is saying whatever feels most dramatic in the moment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Poet said:

I came across a bunch of different statements she has made to adoring journalists, all with different deadlines.

It's almost as if she is saying whatever feels most dramatic in the moment.

She said 8 years because the carbon budget allotted by the IPCC is being consumed faster than predicted.

“With today’s emissions levels, the remaining budget is gone in less than eight years. These aren’t anyone’s views. This is the science,” Thunberg said. The numbers were cited from the International Panel on Climate Change’s 2018 damning report about the scale of the climate crisis."

The point is that what she says is in agreement with the IPCC. She isn't just saying whatever she feels like. 

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Again some nice examples of that in this thread.

Back on topic, since greta is the topic and not manmade climate change denial, she stands for something and is taking on a big part of the world. Kudos. Imo she would deserve it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

It seems everything has been covered except the topic.   Numerous posts removed for being off-topic, debating on how to debate, trolling and posting unsourced, nonsensical graphs that have nothing to do with the topic.