The death of Jimi Hendrix: the unanswered questions

snoop1130

The death of Jimi Hendrix: the unanswered questions

By Mark Beaumont

newFile.jpg

Hendrix had a propensity for hedonism and excess which saw him, come the late summer of 1970, in a dangerous state of flux(Rex)

Lost hours and missing drugs. Mafia debts and CIA hitlists. Police surveillance and suspicious testimonies.

Every superstar tragedy prompts questions and conspiracy theories, but the death of Jimi Hendrix, who joined the notorious 27 Club 50 years ago today, remains mired in controversy.

Some close to him claim it was suicide, others a terrible accident, some that he was murdered by underworld figures or secret service operatives.

The events of 18 September 1970 are forever caught in a confusing crimson haze.

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/jimi-hendrix-death-cause-theories-b451314.html

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

A junkie is an intravenous heroin user! During the autopsy they found neither morphine, which heroin metabolizes into in the human body, nor needle marks. He was drunk, took too many sleeping pills, threw up in his sleep and drowned on the red wine he had consumed. He was massively into psychedelics and cannabis, but not into heroin. 

Get your facts and terms straight next time before you spread lies! 

Google JUNKIE before you call me a liar.

What ever he was, he was f..ked up.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

My sister had an appartment a few doors down from the house he died in, in Westbourne ParK Drive, just a few corners down from Portobello market.  Big 3 or 4 storey houses, many split into appartments.

Quite a nice area in Notting Hill.

and  ?  ....... did she see any mules walking in the corridors or guys from Columbia turn up with dark sunglasses and carrying nike carry bags. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, connda said:

Que up Axis Bold As Love and stop dragging the man though the mud.  He was a musical genius in his genre.

I own virtually all his albums, but unfortunately he could be very sloppy live. Maybe too stoned.

All Along the Watchtower, to my mind, is the best rock single ever released.

15 hours ago, stouricks said:

Those of us who were around in the late 1960s know the right terminology ... I saw a few friends change from being dope heads and acid freaks to becoming junkies. 

1 hour ago, Ganesh108 said:

Those of us who were around in the late 1960s know the right terminology ... I saw a few friends change from being dope heads and acid freaks to becoming junkies. 

I WAS around in mid 60s, and anyone we knew who took any drug other than a bevvy was called a junkie. I then progressed to a smoke now & then, more now than then, and I was called a Pot Junkie.

According to Oxford English Dictionary it is

a) a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something eg some political leaders are Power Junkies. No names !

b) a drug addict (no reference to Henry ) although I do see a possible link to Chinese Junk.

I guess different forms of English define it differently. No good falling out over it.

Edited by stouricks

On 9/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, stouricks said:

I never heard anyone who actually knows what they’re talking about refer to someone addicted to cocaine, crack, cannabis, LSD or meth as a junkie, unless in the case of meth they shoot it. Junkie refers to an intravenous drug user, in most cases heroin. 

You know also absolutely nothing about Jimi Hendrix other than that he did drugs, but that’s about it. Nonetheless you felt the need to refer to him as junkie, even though you have no fricking clue what a junkie actually is! 

He overdosed on sleeping pills given to him by his girlfriend. The sleeping pills he took in the US to help with his insomnia were a lot weaker than what she took in the UK. Him overdosing caused him to throw up and he drowned on it. It was an accident and he was most definitely not f..ked up! Again, you have no clue what you’re talking about! 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, stouricks said:

I only quoted the Oxford English Dictionary in my no. 19. I shall email Susie Dent to get a definitive answer.   PML LOL

Just because junkie meant someone doing drugs back in the 60s when you were “around” doesn’t mean that this is still true today! Meanings of words can change, take awesome for example. It had a totally different meaning back in the day than it does now. The same is true for the way the word junkie is used nowadays, and has been used for at least 3 decades. As I’ve pointed out before, a junkie is an intravenous drug user. Jimi wasn’t an intravenous drug user, he also wasn’t an addict according to the people who knew him, so your original statement is wrong either way! 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Just because junkie meant someone doing drugs back in the 60s when you were “around” doesn’t mean that this is still true today! Meanings of words can change, take awesome for example. It had a totally different meaning back in the day than it does now. The same is true for the way the word junkie is used nowadays, and has been used for at least 3 decades. As I’ve pointed out before, a junkie is an intravenous drug user. Jimi wasn’t an intravenous drug user, he also wasn’t an addict according to the people who knew him, so your original statement is wrong either way! 

Jimi was áround' in the 60s', so whatever Junkie meant in those day, I relate to. So yes, in the 60s Jimi Hendrix WAS a junkie, addicted to certain drugs, not necessarily heroin.

What did awesome mean back in which day? A feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder (OED), or informally....extremely well, excellently

Edited by stouricks