The death of Jimi Hendrix: the unanswered questions

snoop1130

13 hours ago, stouricks said:

Jimi was áround' in the 60s', so whatever Junkie meant in those day, I relate to. So yes, in the 60s Jimi Hendrix WAS a junkie, addicted to certain drugs, not necessarily heroin.

What did awesome mean back in which day? A feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder (OED), or informally....extremely well, excellently

No, he wasn’t because he wasn’t an addict!!!

The original meaning of awesome was awe inspiring, nowadays it’s just a synonym for great. 

Edited by pacovl46

46 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

No, he wasn’t because he wasn’t an addict!!!

The original meaning of awesome was awe inspiring, nowadays it’s just a synonym for great. 

OK, you believe what you want to. To me, anyone who HAS to take or experience anything is addicted to it. eg Robert Palmer, Addicted to Love. or Peter Cetera's Hard Habit to Break in which he uses the word addicted.

Did I not say that about awesome in my previous post No. 32.

"When Hendrix drank to excess or mixed drugs with alcohol, often he became angry and violent. His friend Herbie Worthington said Hendrix "simply turned into a <deleted>" when he drank.

Hendrix hit his girlfriend, Carmen Borrero, above her eye with a vodka bottle during a drunken, jealous rage, and gave her a cut that necessitated stitches.

So not a fan of MeToo then.

Death of Jimi Hendrix
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On September 18, 1970, American musician Jimi Hendrix died in London at the age of 27. One of the 1960s' most influential guitarists, he was described by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as "arguably the greatest instrumentalist in the history of rock music.

Link

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stouricks said:

OK, you believe what you want to. To me, anyone who HAS to take or experience anything is addicted to it. eg Robert Palmer, Addicted to Love. or Peter Cetera's Hard Habit to Break in which he uses the word addicted.

Did I not say that about awesome in my previous post No. 32.

Well, thanks for pointing out again that you don’t have the slightest clue about addiction! 

Didn’t you ask me what the original meaning of awesome was in your last post? So, why are you on my back about me answering that question?!

8 hours ago, phetchy said:

The 'Star spangled banner' at Woodstock was an spontaneous piece of an iconic genius.  Dismissed as a subversive anthem by the establishment, but what a seminal moment that was.  The ability to play a right handed guitar with his left hand is hard enough, but to get it to do what he could do was mesmeric.   

He just takes you away on musical journeys you never knew existed. Extraordinary playing. Plenty of moving songs too.

Missed so much like other musicians who left us far, far too early 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 12:45 PM, phetchy said:

The 'Star spangled banner' at Woodstock was an spontaneous piece of an iconic genius.  Dismissed as a subversive anthem by the establishment, but what a seminal moment that was.  The ability to play a right handed guitar with his left hand is hard enough, but to get it to do what he could do was mesmeric.   

He simply turned his Strat upside down, and then re-stringed it the 'normal' way, ie the bottom E nearest to the top of the fretboard. He would have had to change the nut and the bridge saddles also. OK, the knobs were not that easy to get at, but he probably had them on 11 anyway.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stouricks said:

He simply turned his Strat upside down, and then re-stringed it the 'normal' way, ie the bottom E nearest to the top of the fretboard. He would have had to change the nut and the bridge saddles also. OK, the knobs were not that easy to get at, but he probably had them on 11 anyway.

And also took his dentures out and swapped them around.  ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, stouricks said:

I reckon Jimi's settings were way beyond 11, triple digits at least.

• Haha 1

Just looked up Crosstown Traffic on the youtube . Nowhere to be found.  Apparently the Hendrix estate removes them. 

Devo did a fun cover of Are You Experienced. They couldn't show the wideo because the Hendrix estate wouldn't let them show a bit where Hendrix gets out of a coffin to play the guitar bits. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

On 9/17/2020 at 6:51 PM, stouricks said:

He was a junkie and took too much.

Junkie is a pejorative term for a drug user, an ill addict or a recreational drug user. It has no use in the modern lexicon of discussions as it just dehumanises people. Jimmy deserves better.

• Like 1

Back in the late 60s he had just come over from America where he had been in a big band ,the Experiance had just started and i remember seeing them in the cellar of a pub in Golders green ,afterwards he came down and danced with the girls, he was a better guitarist than dancer,not long afterwards they became famous ,happy days

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nout said:

Junkie is a pejorative term for a drug user, an ill addict or a recreational drug user. It has no use in the modern lexicon of discussions as it just dehumanises people. Jimmy deserves better.

My goodness, you are STILL saying Jimi was not a junkie. He was and that's what killed him.

Don't know if it was you who said he died because of stronger drugs given by his girlfriend. If so, why was she not charged with manslaughter?

A great guitarist and singer for those who like that sort of stuff, but he was f..ked up mentally.

Edited by stouricks

33 minutes ago, stouricks said:

My goodness, you are STILL saying Jimi was not a junkie. He was and that's what killed him.

Don't know if it was you who said he died because of stronger drugs given by his girlfriend. If so, why was she not charged with manslaughter?

A great guitarist and singer for those who like that sort of stuff, but he was f..ked up mentally.

So what was he addicted to?

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

Google it. I can't be ar.ed anymore.

Mitch Mitchell said he was never a junkie. I remember shortly after Jimi's death one of his friends saying Jimi couldn't resist two things: a new girl and a new drug.

Are you experienced?  as the man asked, but never a junkie.

35 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The chasm of interest is huge. It is much like a discussion of a rotary dial telephone:  Unknown to most of the  population and of little interest to them. Now if this was a thread about Jimin, V, Jungkook, Jin,  R. M., Suga or  J-Hope, well......................

50 years from now I wager those names you quote above will be long forgotten but Jimi will still be flying his freak flag high, especially if Youtube can upload his albums, unlike now.

9 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Do you mean all three of them?

If he was such a nobody “junkie” as you allude to....why are you even bothering with this thread?

Jimi Hendrix had 3 studio albums and still lives on with tribute bands, multitudes of fans from every generation, documentaries and news stories galore.  His grave in Seattle is visited so much that the dirt around it is pressed down so hard it is almost glasslike.

The Bay City Rollers had 13 studio albums.

Edited by Airalee
  • Haha 2