How to go about getting a letter for non B visa from U.S Embassy

Aspaltso

As we're coming closer to the 26th of September deadline, I was asked by my agent who got me hired here in Petchabun to get a letter from the U.S embassy which details the need for me to obtain a non immigrant B visa based on my sponsored employer (my school).  I sent the ACS section of the embassy all of the relevant documents which show I'm ready to be employed here etc., but they refused to offer a letter stating: " My request has been denied", and "That's not one of the things we take care of for appointments" which was odd since I didn't ask for an appointment just the letter. Anyway, they did offer to send me another visa extension letter which I applied for, and will probably need to use since my other options don't look good at the moment. My question to anyone, and especially Americans who may, or may not now about the situation I'm in. How do I go about getting something i can submit to immigration that get's my current tourist visa(on amnesty) rolling over to a non Immigration B visa for the job I'm seeking? Immigration cannot submit paperwork for the non B until I've got something from my embassy stating I'm in a position to work, and ACS services at the U.S embassy isn't helping. Any, and most useful comments will be appreciated.

I emailed the US Embassy a letter from my school saying that my Non-B is in progress. I was still given the standard Covid extension letter. The Embassy said this is the only letter they will issue.

I’ve been hearing that what immigration wants to see, is any letter from your embassy mentioning Covid. They will then give you a stamp, converting the automatic Covid extension most of us have been on, to a “real” extension which can now be converted to a Non-B, supposedly.

Several teachers from my school are in this boat. We now have the embassy letters, and they’re now going back to immigration with all our papers again. We shall see what happens.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 6:36 PM, Aspaltso said:

Immigration cannot submit paperwork for the non B until I've got something from my embassy stating I'm in a position to work, and ACS services at the U.S embassy isn't helping.

Did Immigration tell you this, or only the agent? The embassy has never issued letters of the kind you describe, for the obvious reason that they have no idea whether you're in a position to work, and your getting a visa is between you, your employer, and Immigration - the US government has nothing to do with it.

12 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Go the US Consulate website request the letter. They will email it to you within the hour.

He isn't asking about the "Covid extension" letter, which he already has in hand - he's talking about a letter specifically supporting his Non-B visa application.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Did Immigration tell you this, or only the agent? The embassy has never issued letters of the kind you describe, for the obvious reason that they have no idea whether you're in a position to work, and your getting a visa is between you, your employer, and Immigration - the US government has nothing to do with it.

He isn't asking about the "Covid extension" letter, which he already has in hand - he's talking about a letter specifically supporting his Non-B visa application.

Ok, so you're right. The U.S embassy cannot provide a letter for what I requested which is a letter asking Petchabun immigration to role my amnesty tourist visa over to a longer term B visa. With the new extension letter which mentions covid as the reason for me needing to stay in Thailand I will get another tourist visa, and a "special stamp" in my passport that identifies me as someone who is starting the process of staying here on a longer term visa. Without the stamp, they can't start that process. Once I provide proof from the school that indeed I'm a legit employee then things get rolling, and ultimately I'll more than likely end up with the non B. Finally, the agent misled me wit false information. Indeed the visa is a result of the relationship between me, the school, and Petchabun immigration and not my countries' embassy. I'll attach the second paragraph of what the embassy sent me.

2.    Requesting to Change from a Short-Term Visa Category to a Long-Term Visa Category – You must go to the immigration office before September 11 and get a stamp in your passport that officially extends your visa until the September 26 deadline.  This stamp can be obtained at no cost. You must have this stamp, as the general visa amnesty announcement will not replace this requirement. In addition, you must apply for the new long-term visa type by the September 11 deadline to allow Thai immigration authorities sufficient time to review your visa application.  For work visas, immigration authorities may request proof of employment or proof of location of your employer, and you may be required to go to the immigration office in the province of your employer’s address.  Please note that changing visa types often is a complicated process that involves many additional documents and the official extension stamp and long-term visa application cannot be submitted on the same day.  Therefore, please make plans to get your official extension stamp in your passport as soon as possible to give yourself enough time to gather the information required to apply for a long-term visa by the September 11 deadline.  Thai immigration authorities do not need a letter from the U.S. Embassy for this request. 

• Like 1