21 hours ago, phuketcouple said:

I would even accept an 'electronic ankle monitor' -- still better than 14 days in a room in a hotel jail.

How does an ankle monitor prevent you spreading Covid if you have it, which is the entire point of quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is too easy. How much money is there for home quarantine, and how much money is there in mandated quarantine? Duh.

Because some people don't understand what quarantine means, just one of many examples: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/11/us/miami-university-student-party-covid-trnd/index.html What are they sup

M O N E Y

22 hours ago, howerde said:

It was possible in the early days for Thais, but as usual there were the people who simply did not bother, so now everyone does, except for diplomats i think

And like the health insurance for farang it is if course a nice moneyspinner for those companies.

• Like 2

I think the simple answer is look how many people breached the curfew each night when it was in place. If people do that they won’t self regulate home quarantine. Simples.

6 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

"Why no home quarantine in TH?"

Covid-19 deaths in Germany, 9,452.

Covid-19 deaths in Thailand, 58.

Link's  from reputable sources . Would be much appreciated , 

Fyi , Thailand not have ..

However that said , welcome to the forum ..

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, hansnl said:

And like the health insurance for farang it is if course a nice moneyspinner for those companies.

Then get it form an other company. Too many people not paying their bills is what is causing this. How often don't we read about people not being able to pay their hospital bills. Maybe if there were not so many irresponsible cheap  people. The rest of us would not have to buy this stuff. 

Plenty of OAPS have no health insurance as they think they can fly back and get it free. Especially Brits. 

• Confused 1
On 9/17/2020 at 7:40 PM, jackdd said:

Because some people don't understand what quarantine means, just one of many examples: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/11/us/miami-university-student-party-covid-trnd/index.html

What are they supposed to do? IQ test before being allowed into Thailand?

Quarantine at a controlled facility is more idiot proof.

More tests???? Covid, STD, IQ.... 555555555

19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How does an ankle monitor prevent you spreading Covid if you have it, which is the entire point of quarantine.

I guess that you are not familiar with the device and, if I may note, your reply is not relevant as an ankle monitor is the equivalent of a GPS which is used to monitor your whereabouts (that is for the definition of the device but you may google it as I am not an expert nor have I had the "opportunity" to wear one ) and it does not "prevent the spreading" it doesn't allow one to get out of a certain area (which can be limited to one's room). Hence preventing the bearer from leaving their premises, which is the entire point of the quarantine in order to contain the virus.

19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:
On 9/17/2020 at 7:46 PM, phuketcouple said:

I would even accept an 'electronic ankle monitor' -- still better than 14 days in a room in a hotel jail.

Come on Barry... no one is this daft surely ?

The issue with quarantining at home is that people break quarantine and leave their home.

Ankle bracelets ‘could’ track people leaving their home = strong fines. 

Ankle bracelets ‘would’ act as a deterrent to prevent people from leaving their homes.

There are of course other potential holes in home quarantining... such as if anyone lives with you, you would all have to quarantine together (which I wouldn’t impose on my Wife and Son). But for many its a far better individual solution than paying for 15 days locked in a hotel room. 

I already quarantined myself in the UK for 2 weeks (in April) after arriving from an international flight - it wasn’t regulation, but it was common sense. 

I then had to stay in ASQ for 15 days upon my return to Thailand in July. It wasn’t too bad, but not great either. 

The issue with self isolation / self quarantine is selfish a-holes will always ruin it for the majority so it needs to be policed - which is extremely unfortunate. 

18 hours ago, elliss said:
On 9/18/2020 at 1:49 PM, Hi Tea said:

"Why no home quarantine in TH?"

Covid-19 deaths in Germany, 9,452.

Covid-19 deaths in Thailand, 58.

Link's  from reputable sources . Would be much appreciated

Give or take a handful in the case of Germany...

https://covid19.who.int/region/euro/country/de

https://covid19.who.int/region/searo/country/th

21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

At these prices, the "government". with a much smaller amount going to the hotel.

Nonsense.  The hotel gets the money which is paid directly to them by the customer.  The hotels also are paid a fee by the government for providing the facilities.

Edited by Hi Tea
1 minute ago, Hi Tea said:

Nonsense.  The hotel gets the money, they also are paid a small fee by the government for providing the facility.

and you are sure about that are you? I'm not sure who gets how much or if brown envelopes are changing hands, but there is one thing for sure, we are in Thailand.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, crazykopite said:
On 9/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, Hi Tea said:

Not for the government. 

Would be interesting to know how many ministers have full or part ownership in the stipulated hotels if not them then maybe family members

It sure would.  Why not let us know how many ministers, or their families, are in the position that you suggested?  Let us know if there aren't any and that they're innocent of your suggested corruption, also.