Just now, possum1931 said:
7 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Nonsense.  The hotel gets the money, they also are paid a small fee by the government for providing the facility.

and you are sure about that are you?

Yes, I am, absolutely sure.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is too easy. How much money is there for home quarantine, and how much money is there in mandated quarantine? Duh.

Because some people don't understand what quarantine means, just one of many examples: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/11/us/miami-university-student-party-covid-trnd/index.html What are they sup

M O N E Y

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and you are sure about that are you? I'm not sure who gets how much or if brown envelopes are changing hands, but there is one thing for sure, we are in Thailand.

[one thing for sure, we are in Thailand] - Exactly !!!! 

As soon as a policy is put into place the creative minds moulded and forged by a lifetime of endemic graft and corruption very quickly find a way to weasel their way towards landing kickbacks. 

Within days of the Quarantine hotels being announced the complaints from hotels that the officials approving hotels for quarantine were demanding kick-backs started.

https://thethaiger.com/news/business/pattaya-hoteliers-complain-about-alleged-quarantine-kickbacks

Ultimately, anyone in any position of power recognises ‘kick-backs’ as their right - they have waiting inline to get to the trough, the sense of entitlement overwhelming. At the first sniff of an opportunity they are worming their way towards lining their pockets. So inherent in society is this system, not only is it the norm, it also expected. Those in positions of power not taking advantage of kick-backs are considered stupid !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Nonsense.  The hotel gets the money which is paid directly to them by the customer.  The hotels also are paid a fee by the government for providing the facilities.

And the hotel pays the Hospital for conducting the 2X  Covid tests and for having a team of nurses on standby 24 hours a day for 14 days iwith medical transport, Anyone want to provide a estimate on what those costs would be for providing the same service to a single customer at their home

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And the hotel pays the Hospital for conducting the 2X  Covid tests and for having a team of nurses on standby 24 hours a day for 14 days iwith medical transport, Anyone want to provide a estimate on what those costs would be for providing the same service to a single customer at their home

My Quarantine hotel: 

45,000 baht for 15 nights. 

Included: 

3 meals per day, outsourced to a bakery (±500 baht day = 7,500 baht total)

Airport van (±600 baht) 

2 Covid-19 Tests (5950 baht per test) 

Total for hotel: 25,000 baht = 1670 baht per night. 

+ Nurse supposedly on standby: Est ±1000 baht per day (but that cost would be across all rooms)

Edited by richard_smith237
3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

My Quarantine hotel: 

45,000 baht for 15 nights. 

Included: 

3 meals per day, outsourced to a bakery (±500 baht day = 7,500 baht total)

Airport van (±600 baht) 

2 Covid-19 Tests (5950 baht per test) 

Total for hotel: 25,000 baht = 1670 baht per night. 

+ Nurse supposedly on standby: Est ±1000 baht per day (but that cost would be across all rooms)

At the end of it all what was the total amount out of pocket to return to your life here, if you do not mind me asking.  A few of the snowbirds I know in Palm Springs, that come from Canada for 3 months a year, and also stay in Phuket for 3 months are asking if I know an approximate cost for it all.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:43 PM, Phillip9 said:

Actually, it was only possible for diplomats and VIPs at first,  Then some VIP didn't bother and went to a mall while infected when he was supposed to stay home.  So now everyone has to quarantine.

Not everyone.

The house next to us is being used as ASQ, but I guess the family are very VIP as there is 24 hour police protection.

28 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And the hotel pays the Hospital for conducting the 2X  Covid tests and for having a team of nurses on standby 24 hours a day for 14 days iwith medical transport,

"And the hotel pays..."

Says who? 

You really think that the quarantine hotels have medical teams and ambulances on standby 24/7 at the hotels?  Geez...

4 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

"And the hotel pays..."

Says who? 

You really think that the quarantine hotels have medical teams and ambulances on standby 24/7 at the hotels?  Geez...

I think you will find that is what they signed up for in order to get ASQ certification and I have seen they are offering that service in their brochures

• Haha 1
On 9/17/2020 at 11:14 PM, phuketcouple said:

@geriatrickid

I do understand what you are saying, but:

How can Thailand worry so much about a manageable risk with a few non-covid-19 rule compliant foreigners when over 20,000 people die in accidents on the country's roads every year?

Schizophrenic or just money-hungry -- or both?

Neither. Confusing the two issues is irrelevant false equivalency.

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I think you will find that is what they signed up for in order to get ASQ certification and I have seen they are offering that service in their brochures

I have seen the quarantine buses arriving at hotels here in Pattaya. Attending medical staff have full PPE and the hotel entrance areas are shrouded in plastic. There is an army/police presence too. There are at least 11 hotels here and one has two hundred people or more in quarantine.

17 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

"And the hotel pays..."

Says who? 

Such hotels are quasi medical centres and BTW they are guarded by army.

36 minutes ago, petedk said:

Not everyone.

The house next to us is being used as ASQ, but I guess the family are very VIP as there is 24 hour police protection.

There is armed protection at all quarantine hotels.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

I think the simple answer is look how many people breached the curfew each night when it was in place. If people do that they won’t self regulate home quarantine. Simples.

Very few breached curfew.

21 hours ago, hansnl said:

And like the health insurance for farang it is if course a nice moneyspinner for those companies.

Just for foreigners of European heritage or all foreign visitors? Why do you think white people are being picked on but not Arabs or Chinese or Indian or Taiwanese regarding Insurance?