What country will open first? 🤔️ 🤔️🤔️   

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I'm currently stuck outside Thailand looking at all the options. Seems like Thailand isn't doing away with the 14 day quarantine anytime soon. All the countries in the region have the same thing with tourism not allowed currently apart from Cambodia I think. So where is the most likely to do away with the 14 day quarantine 1st and allow regular tourism. 

I'm currently looking further away for somewhere to meet. Dubai, Bahrain, and Cyprus are possibles, but somewhere close to Thailand would be better. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Covid insurance is definitely a new money maker forever after this. Worldwide.

Not now, it has been lifted, but when Thailand opens it's borders, I would bet that the greedy soldiers "government" will keep the $100.000 covid insurance going, it will be some moneymaker.

Not sure what is wrong with forcing people to have insurance. Most on this forum would not be able to pay their own bills should they get the disease. What do you want the Thais to pay it for you. You

I'm in Saudi right now and they've just announced the resumption of flights in specific circumstances with only a 3 day quarantine on arrival. If Thailand got to that point it would be great. 

Also stuck outside Thailand due to work, will be done in late Oct. Have been looking at Turkey, no covid test needed, and no quarantine. Some good deals on Airbnb for long stays. Might be good place to hang out until Thailand opens up. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

aren't you supposed to always be able to get back to your home country?

I'm thinking this OP wishes to reunite with  a Thai Sig other without 14 day quarantine.    But the thai gf would still need to do 14 day  quarantine  upon her return to  TH. 

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

I'm thinking this OP wishes to reunite with  a Thai Sig other without 14 day quarantine.    But the thai gf would still need to do 14 day  quarantine  upon her return to  TH. 

That's it really. I'm time limited but my wife isn't, plus she quarantines for free in Thailand. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, bermondburi said:

We can all meet in the uk, but I would have to self isolate for 14 days. 

Not now, it has been lifted, but when Thailand opens it's borders, I would bet that the greedy soldiers "government" will keep the $100.000 covid insurance going, it will be some moneymaker.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

yes...unless you're Australian...ha ha ha ha

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Covid insurance is definitely a new money maker forever after this. Worldwide.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
30 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Not sure what is wrong with forcing people to have insurance. Most on this forum would not be able to pay their own bills should they get the disease. What do you want the Thais to pay it for you. You are always anti banks anti insurance. However plenty of tourists don't pay their bill. I find behavior like that sickening. That is why insurance is forced because people cant be trusted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, robblok said:

Not sure what is wrong with forcing people to have insurance. Most on this forum would not be able to pay their own bills should they get the disease. What do you want the Thais to pay it for you. You are always anti banks anti insurance. However plenty of tourists don't pay their bill. I find behavior like that sickening. That is why insurance is forced because people cant be trusted.

It is not so much the insurance I am on about, it is what it will cost, and this $100.000 scam in a country that is supposed to be almost virus free.

And while I'm here, what about all the foreigners in the UK who get free hospital treatment from the taxpayers money, it works both ways.

Yes I come over as anti banks and insurance, they are both crooks when it comes to dealing with the ordinary people, I won't bother going into any examples, it has been well documented, and not just by me.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

Australia has quotas on returning Australians. Once I am back there, I can't leave again. We're revisiting the First Fleet.

Its am insurance cartel.    The ownership of those  companies and how they wrre selected needs to be made public.  It should not just be Thailand companies with no competition.   Prior to covid I paid about 100$ for 3-4 weeks travel insurance with geo whatever. Tell me how much a month  is now in Thailand?  In a country with only two in country cases in the last 100 days covid should not add much cost. 

Edited by Elkski