I think a lot of thai girls are getting fat from sugar drinks from Amazon/ Starbucks

bbabythai

I've noticed over several yrs many photos of my wifes friends on fbook all holding milky green tea drinks from Amazon cafe / starbucks. In fact there are many varieties of these cold drinks all loaded with sugar. And of course they are all getting so fat. 

I used to work at a thai govt uni and checked their photos as well. Same thing. All holding these drinks. 

My wife has to have one per day and her legs are getting chubby. 

Its not good for us lads. 

cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So is it that  you have a leg  or bum  fetish?

I am not  denying  what you  suggest as visual evidential  fact  or theoretical cause.

But even at  Govt. level the  average  consumption of  cane  sugar in Thailand  is  incredible without the added popularity  of  "healthy"  tea drinks as a  bonus has  been recognized as a  problem solvable  by  increased tax on such offerings!

Incidental to your opinion is that I  daily observe  that  the customers  who purchase  such beverages are  approximately 50/50 by  gender from a  vendor who leases a site  on my wife,s property.

I admit that I do  concentrate  more on the  physique of  the two  fit young  female  vendors than the customers in general  but can  not  ignore  some  obese tendencies in comparison.

It helps  conistently fill my bored time each day????.

10 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Now you know what Thai women have had to put up with ole whitey in his vest, beer belly and fat ankles through too much sugar abuse.

But Thai woman not give that beer belly man any money! So much different thing!

Edited by 2 is 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Sugar even goes into a traditional dish such as pad thai goong. It's used to blunt the chilli. I ask the cooks to leave it out.

I'd agree there does seem to be an increase in porkers over the last ten years.

Not  only !  Extra  chillie then  anything  else available before even a taste  test !

18 minutes ago, Youlike said:

That icecoffee from Amazon is very fat, they use sweet condensed milk.

It is not the fat content,it is the sugar.

For decades the governments have been able to fool the people by saying fat makes you fat,no it doesn't

it is the sugar!!!!

• Like 1

In all seriousness I do believe  that it is  the expansion and proliferation of the franchised  operations  listed  above that  has a had a dramatic  effect.

My wife was  quick  to  comment on the  incremental obvious "size "of  people initially  in  Bangkok but  which as  spread even to the northern districts as has the proliferation  of  the 7/11's, Macs, KFc, Pizza this and thats, etc.

More  than  just increased disposable income for "street food" which is an historical Asian feature I am convinced there is something  insidious  in the content  of  the  modern  convenience  foodstuffs from these  franchised  outlets that have  achieved a proliferate profile that approaches an almost  obscene  presence  in  numbers that  has  stretched out  into  even  relatively  small  rural  towns.

3 minutes ago, jvs said:

It is not the fat content,it is the sugar.

For decades the governments have been able to fool the people by saying fat makes you fat,no it doesn't

it is the sugar!!!!

I am of the  believe that it  is  the  combination that is the problem. Avoid  one or  the other avoids excess  weight  gain. Fats  and oils  are  the  same  in  end  effect  anyway . So  oily  or  fatty in Thailand   must  also  be   extra sweet  !

Eventually, a whistleblower from the food industry is going to go public with the results of a myriad of industry studies that prove some of the minor additives are designed specifically to addict people to the product, and jigger with their metabolisms so they need to eat/drink more to get the feeling of fullness.

I think it's the sugar that makes 'em gain weight.  But it's going to be something from the likes of Bayer/Monsanto with a name like potassium polyunsorbate that makes them consume so much more of it. 

It's not as if excess sugar has ever been lacking in Thai food, since long before Big Ag got involved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I am of the  believe that it  is  the  combination that is the problem. Avoid  one or  the other avoids excess  weight  gain. Fats  and oils  are  the  same  in  end  effect  anyway . So  oily  or  fatty in Thailand   must  also  be   extra sweet  !

Yes of course a combination is even worse.Most of the food stuff at 7/11 has added sugar in some for added.

I still believe sugar is more dangerous,there is a sugar tax.

Corn syrup is a real hidden danger.

1 hour ago, Nout said:

And KFC and McDonald's. I remember when there were no fat chicks or 7/11s in Thailand.

The real fat chicks are on the local market where somchai has a huge pan of hot oil and deepfries local donuts, bread, chicken..they deep fry everything and there's always a long queue of fat chicks waiting.

Many thai young ladies have jobs that involve waiting around for customers so they just sit there playing on the phone. And all those sweet drinks and western fast food still has some allure as something special and some thing there parents and grand parents never had. It's a concern as their DNA might find it hard to cope with such a big change to diet towards dairy sugar and fried meats - just see the ballooning rate of diabetes in India.

Vanity and youthful vigour may win the day though - they need to look good for their tiktok videos and facebook posts so many will probably limit the fat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeeTua said:

Yep, in the rural areas the younger women have no interest in working the fields now every spare minute is spent playing on smartphones eating crappy foods and sugar drinks. In the village I never see them make any effort at anything resembling exercise. One of my favorite things about Thailand, going back over 30 years ago, was the abundance of attractive slim females everywhere. Now it is so disappointing to see the change.

Checked the mirror recently!????

• Haha 1