I think a lot of thai girls are getting fat from sugar drinks from Amazon/ Starbucks

bbabythai

8 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Many thai young ladies have jobs that involve waiting around for customers so they just sit there playing on the phone. And all those sweet drinks and western fast food still has some allure as something special and some thing there parents and grand parents never had. It's a concern as their DNA might find it hard to cope with such a big change to diet towards dairy sugar and fried meats - just see the ballooning rate of diabetes in India.

Vanity and youthful vigour may win the day though - they need to look good for their tiktok videos and facebook posts so many will probably limit the fat.

They need to lower their rates to 500 THB again so they get some exercise from more bonking. 

• Haha 1

Just like in the west it's about education. My educated Chinese wife (please don't get triggered) hardly consumes any sugar and when she drinks bubbly teas outside she always requests no sugar added. 

My previous educated Thai wife (please don't get triggered again) also watched her calories. During 6 years of marriage I have only seen her twice stuffing her face with a cake. Unfortunately that's all she was stuffing. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Ahh So.   So it's the act of giving money to a Thai lady that allows a  falang to be a  "beer belly man".

Nope

but for a ''beer belly'' falang the act of giving money is

the most easy way to allow him to have a Thai lady

Edited by kingofthemountain

I think it's the general westernisation that has been happening over the past couple of decades. When I first went to Thailand in 2001 there were few western influences. Thai women ate Thai food, listened to Thai music and were just more...Thai. 

We (westerners) wanted more western food outlets, and more home comforts. Money speaks, so up popped more MacDs, Starbucks etc etc, and guess what - the Thais got hooked. Just a theory, but just saying ????

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 9:47 PM, baansgr said:

Now you know what Thai women have had to put up with ole whitey in his vest, beer belly and fat ankles through too much sugar abuse.

More like alcohol abuse. I'm partial to large helpings of ice cream at the weekends and two or three biscuits every evening though I exercise 5 days a week, at 6ft tall and weigh 75-76ks.

9 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think it's the general westernisation that has been happening over the past couple of decades. When I first went to Thailand in 2001 there were few western influences. Thai women ate Thai food, listened to Thai music and were just more...Thai. 

We (westerners) wanted more western food outlets, and more home comforts. Money speaks, so up popped more MacDs, Starbucks etc etc, and guess what - the Thais got hooked. Just a theory, but just saying ????

imo the general use of internet and the iphones have been the most important vector in 

the westernisation, the westerners tourists have had a very limited influence on Thailand

and the 65 millions more of Thai people, including their lifestyle and food habits, except in very few specifics areas like Phuket or Pattaya, and even in these areas very few locals were concerned

On 9/18/2020 at 12:33 AM, Youlike said:

The real fat chicks are on the local market where somchai has a huge pan of hot oil and deepfries local donuts, bread, chicken..they deep fry everything and there's always a long queue of fat chicks waiting.

Whatever. The increase in obesity since the introduction of fast food is notable. The girls even eat pizza now. 30 years ago they wouldn't eat cheese. BTW 'They' do not deep fry everything. They have multiple ways of cooking. Perhaps you dont actually know about Thai food.

23 hours ago, androokery said:

I may only be envious of the sleeping. 

And to be fair, I do see a lot of Thais exercising in the parks at night. 

Yeah true. 'Fitness' is big where I am with jogging paths and free fitness areas all over the place.

1 hour ago, Nout said:

Whatever. The increase in obesity since the introduction of fast food is notable. The girls even eat pizza now. 30 years ago they wouldn't eat cheese. BTW 'They' do not deep fry everything. They have multiple ways of cooking. Perhaps you dont actually know about Thai food.

Yeah - 6 years ago I took 3 Thai held out....They wanted to try pizza.....I spent 1500B & got a big size pizza.....

They ew'd & ahh'd taking the requisite pics....

They then proceeded to pluck off all the toppings off the pizza setting aside all the cheese into one big pile of glop happily eating the crusty part of the pizza as I watched in horror.....The pizza was destroyed.....

Looking at the big lump of cheese sitting there, it did make me wonder why I ate that greasy artery clogging stuff.....

Personally I think the bar girls are fatter as they have nothing to do these days other than eat and look at their phones.

When I first went Pattaya 2003 they were mostly slim and very busy, now all up 10-20KG.  Only thing I can see that's changed is they are less active as there are less customers to work it off with!