Is It Just Me?

Brightly

Justgrazing,

Lordy, Lordy!

You DO know that Captain Cheeto said he felt *just* like the Lone Ranger the first time he donned (pardon the pun) his face mask?

I guess that puts me in good company...or it just puts me in some sort of company (!)

Anyway cheers and “Hi ho Silver!”

• Haha 1

"Granted, the space was well-ventilated (open entrance area, plenty of fans), but we were quite tightly seated Within the semi-enclosed space.  There was also a tightly enclosed, smaller space where people sat as well."

I'm no expert but wouldn't fans be bad by allowing the virus to travel further than without fans?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brightly said:

Although this was a pretty hip and liberal crowd, I felt like I was at a Trump rally!

If the absense of masks was not enough that should have been.  Why didn't you leave immediately before you even sat down?  Go straight to Suan Prung, they will see you without an appointment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2020 at 6:47 AM, Mickeem said:

My theory is the Thai obsession with having fans on 24 hrs is the reason the wuhan virus has not been so virulent here due to being instantly dispersed and dried out after being exhaled from an infectious person

Ridiculous...

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 4:04 AM, Brightly said:

Although this was a pretty hip and liberal crowd, I felt like I was at a Trump rally!

Therein lies the answer.  The USA is much more dangerous when it comes to COVID exposure.  We may criticize the Thai gov, but they've done a heck of a better job than the mighty USA when it comes to dealing with COVID.  I find myself being pretty lax when it comes to the mask...but still have to wear it going into stores.  There just isn't much COVID in CM....until they start letting in international travelers. 

• Like 1

Trujillo,

Although Thailand is doing extremely well with COVID, we are not virus-free.

There was a COVID death reported here today, and although that may be statistically insignificant compared to our global neighbors, there are reasons we’ve been spared overall.

One of the many exceptional choices our host country has made is mandating/encouraging the use of masks.  In my mind, I has been vital, although perhaps more early on.

However, Thais were already inured to mask-wearing well before the pandemic.  As they are more socially (versus individually) oriented, I feel mask wearing should be enforced, and we should continue with it (and that includes us farangs).

If mask compliance continues under the auspice of “It can’t hurt, and may well help,” truly, who is hurt by this?  Those who feel inconvenienced?  Others who feel their freedom is being mitigated?

it’s a small piece of cloth that may save lives.  I say we all should do it, especially in crowded venues (which are only relatively safe already due to our outstanding stats).

5892DD50-DFEA-43CB-A9AB-C91075564E8E.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe this isn’t the worst pandemic ever, but that doesn’t make it negligible.

A little piece of cloth, worn by everyone (remember, unless we’re all wearing N 95s for our personal safety) are for one another.

A little piece of cloth can’t hurt, and may well help.

It seems like a simple undertaking to me.

Eating out now is problematic.  Open-air dining with ample social distancing are the only solutions I see.

But drinking while out?

This little baby may not be perfect, but it’s got to be considerably better than nothing!

FC7DA6C5-0DA0-48A9-8F33-679747C5B8B2.jpeg.7ecfa2e4db8986f93f0ad95f9b3837de.jpeg

On 9/18/2020 at 4:04 AM, Brightly said:

Is it just me?  Am I out of sync with what’s happening in CM?  Should I say something?

I need some perspective on this.

You are exhibiting signs of partial sanity, rendering yourself extremely out of synch with the zeitgeist of expat deviant counterculture, as well as the always-on reality show, "Amazing Thailand."

Best keep it to yourself, and, you are better off without perspective, which is very expensive and tiresome to keep up.

~o:37;