Coronavirus: Thailand added to England's 'quarantine-free' list

webfact

1 minute ago, Mama Noodle said:

Do whatever you want bud, I couldn’t care less, but the wording is perfectly clear and you’ll need to fill out a declaration on arrival as well, and filling it out falsely makes you liable for a 1000 pound fine (also in the link)

Never filled out a declaration on arrival. I am a UK citizen with a UK passport, which, I presume, you are not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dialemco said:

Better check your facts you have to send questionnaire by email before departure country of origin declaring your full itinerary 

Not any more. Check your facts. And what if you live in the UK? Itinerary for the rest of your life?

Edited by polpott

23 minutes ago, polpott said:

Never filled out a declaration on arrival. I am a UK citizen with a UK passport, which, I presume, you are not.

This is probably your first covid too (like everyone else).

American, but I can read and have been following along with covid travel stuff for months now because my employment requires constant travel. 

4 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Crazy because common sense would (should) dictate that a person going home is likely gonna be around family, and should self isolate after high risk exposure regardless of whether or not the law mandates it. 

Currently in the UK (far more so in the US), the average person is far more at risk from their next door neighbour than from someone who has traveled from Thailand and transited through Dubai airport.

Edited by polpott
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, polpott said:

Not any more. Check your facts. And what if you live in the UK? Itinerary for the rest of your life?

I think you're confused...

They got rid of landing cards.

But this new Covid questionnaire is not a landing card. You can fill it in online, but you have to give your flight details and where you'll be staying for the two week self-isolation (if your journey details show you need to self-isolate).

13 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

This is probably your first covid too (like everyone else).

American, but I can read and have been following along with covid travel stuff for months now because my employment requires constant travel. 

So, you have never entered the UK with a UK passport?

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, bkk_mike said:

I think you're confused...

They got rid of landing cards.

But this new Covid questionnaire is not a landing card. You can fill it in online, but you have to give your flight details and where you'll be staying for the two week self-isolation (if your journey details show you need to self-isolate).

And if you don't fill it in?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, brommers said:

Oh gosh, how wonderful!

No, wait. Does England not have over 3000 new infections per day, does England not have a testing system that is about to collapse, does England not have resurgent city by city lockdowns, does England not have the threat of curfews being imposed???

Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to this shambolic mess of a country!

???? Gather you're not English! ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, polpott said:

How would immigration in the UK know that I'd been to Dubai? On arrival I present my passport to a reader and walk through the gate. No questions asked and my passport doesn't show my entry into Dubai. Technically, transfer passengers don't enter the country.

That´s wrong! Even if you do not have a stamp in your passport, you will still have a digital travel trace in your passport, as it´s scanned at every arrival. So, you can be sure they know where you have been as well as that you will get 14 days of beautiful quarantine if the country is not on the list. Problem solved! ???? 

• Like 1