Coronavirus: Thailand added to England's 'quarantine-free' list

webfact

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

Rest assured they won't. My passport isn't scanned in Dubai.

Your place of birth was probably on your original passport application.

Try reading what I wrote again lol.........Sylt was my place of Birth and as you correctly say will be on any passport application.

He didnt ask me my country of birth or what island it was though did he.........

20 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Try reading what I wrote again lol.........Sylt was my place of Birth and as you correctly say will be on any passport application.

He didnt ask me my country of birth or what island it was though did he.........

The information submitted by you on your passport application is transferred to the chip in your passport.

33 minutes ago, NoComment said:

Thailand is Covid free.

England has 3000+ cases a day

There must be a massive rush of idiots wishing to leave the safety of The Kingdom to play Russian roulette in the U.K *me thinks not*

I guess it depends if you feel the need to travel

I have been in and out of the office for a couple of months now and not heard of one case in our office, in fact I think only one case in the whole company that would be circa 0.3%

I also have another thought, it is better for UK residents to contract covid when their immunity and resistance is highest in the summer months, then perhaps they will carry any immunity this provides through the winter. You see a cunning plan

Off into work right now - enjoy the rest of your day fellas

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, polpott said:

How would immigration in the UK know that I'd been to Dubai? On arrival I present my passport to a reader and walk through the gate. No questions asked and my passport doesn't show my entry into Dubai. Technically, transfer passengers don't enter the country.

The electronic gates have been disabled and your itinerary will be electronically submitted to the government. It's also synced to the electronic pre-arrival form.

To think you can just walk into the country right now as it used to be is a fantasy. Heathrow has ramped up checks!

3 hours ago, polpott said:

No it isn't. Never comes out of my pocket in Dubai. Sorry that your continuous attempts to wander round the forum baiting people haven't succeeded on this occasion.

Like your second sentence, however I think you'll find, that when you check in to your UK flight in Dubai, the airline scans your PP at the gate. Certainly Emirates does - I've flown with them at least a dozen times and it's for security and a cross check that you are on the correct flight.

So there is a record, now whether the systems are "joined up" enough to actually track you, is of course another matter.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ketyo said:

So when you get home, and decide that you want to go out to the supermarket, or to the restaurant, who is going to check whether you have just got back from guadaloupe, solvakia or singapore? Noone is going to check the stamps in your passport. Its nonsense. People will do what they want and ignore the government.

I honestly think those people making decisions in the UK government can't see the woods for the trees. They are getting over 3000 cases per day and just opened schools and universities and are about to see a big surge in cases. Their boss of the public health service and track and trace system (who worked for a phone company before she got her new head of public health job) said she did not expect an increase in cases when the UK opened up, asked the workforce to go back and the kids to go back to school and college.

So now they are worried about people from guadalops and slovenika. 

That country under Boris Johnson is a shambles. There is no doubt about that. But the funny thing is that many people there think everything is going not bad. And better than other countries. Brainwashed sheep.

I agree with your first paragraph - my neighbour returned from a country "on the list", dutifully isolated but was never checked.

Your second paragraph: I honestly believe that the increase in reported cases is due to the increase in testing (itself shambolic). Remember that reported cases are people who test positive, but are not necessarily sick - big, big difference.

What is certainly true is that UK isn't getting even close to the projected deaths, and there are very few people going into hospital and even fewer on ventilators compared with earlier in the year and compared with projections made at the start of the pandemic.

Remember that those projections were made after witnessing Wuhan and Northern Italy rates of infection, back in March which was all the data that was available at the time.

That neatly brings me to your final paragraph:  The UK Government is flailing, but I honestly don't believe that any other Government would have done any better - believe it or not, we're all still on a learning curve. I hate to think of the (bigger) mess we'd be in with the Labour rabble in charge!

Edited by VBF
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brommers said:

Oh gosh, how wonderful!

No, wait. Does England not have over 3000 new infections per day, does England not have a testing system that is about to collapse, does England not have resurgent city by city lockdowns, does England not have the threat of curfews being imposed???

Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to this shambolic mess of a country!

sure, courageous countries test much more than other and then, find much more cases.

But now, still look at how many death by month and compare the cases by month and the mortality. Try to just divide them and next, compare with other virus or mortality for any other subjects.

After you would do that, you would be able to understand what we are talking about. But before, you can not, you are just under mind control and in panic mode.

In 2020, we should ask people to instruct themselves and to be intelligent instead to be under lobbyist interest and mass media control.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

sure, courageous countries test much more than other and then, find much more cases.

But now, still look at how many death by month and compare the cases by month and the mortality. Try to just divide them and next, compare with other virus or mortality for any other subjects.

After you would do that, you would be able to understand what we are talking about. But before, you can not, you are just under mind control and in panic mode.

In 2020, we should ask people to instruct themselves and to be intelligent instead to be under lobbyist interest and mass media control.

I just spotted this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

"Cases began edging up again in July - after falling significantly from their April peak - as lockdown restrictions imposed in March were eased.

The official number of cases during the peak in the UK underestimated the true level of infection at the time, as widespread testing was not as available until mid-May. Before then, testing was targeted - mainly being used in hospitals and other care settings."

The emphasis is mine - emphasising the point I made above (#72) but again, level of infection does not indicate level of sickness. I recommend people look at https://lockdownsceptics.org/ as well as MSM to help form a balanced view. 

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Drat! I was going to fly into Wales from Thailand in my jet and parachute out over Caerphilly but now will have cancel. Have these people no mercy on cheese lovers? Now I will have to go to Cheddar for 14 days.

Are you Wallace or Gromit? ????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7rzSslub6U

Edited by VBF

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That´s wrong! Even if you do not have a stamp in your passport, you will still have a digital travel trace in your passport, as it´s scanned at every arrival. So, you can be sure they know where you have been as well as that you will get 14 days of beautiful quarantine if the country is not on the list. Problem solved! ???? 

Unless you actually scan your passport (which you don't during transit) it's not going to magically detect your presence in Dubai.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

Prior to travel to the UK you must complete an online registration process in which you must detail your itinerary including any flight changes and locations of those flight changes. I helped my friend's wife do this just over two weeks ago, she has now joined him in the UK. Apparently she was asked prior to both flights (she flew via Doha) if she had completed the online registration process. So, technically, you are correct but the registration makes a computerised record of your route, so they would know. 

Your right, but I did not do... I did not wear a mask either as Im exempt.  At all airports nothing was really done, passport only at swampy NO SARS-Cov-19 test required... I flew via Doha (Qatar, 4 seats to me on both legs) and at Heathrow went straight through immigration with the passport chip... since arrival I am exempt from a mask and everything is fine..... Check out hidden disabilities webside for the exemption card...

Edited by fraggleRock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Chap I'll tell you something about what immigration knows about you whether using Egates or otherwise

Long story short my current passport except for very first use has refused to work at Egates. Cue off to manual inspection each time (no real problem)

In February 2019 I flew in from Bangkok via Oman. Egate throws out passport as per usual. Guy on inspection asks briefly where have you come from. Answering Bangkok via Muscat.

He then looks through the passport somewhat casually and asks wheres "Nordsee Clinic" with a smile.....Now I'm taken aback because I know the answer...... I'm British but I was born on the island of Sylt in Germany...... My birth certificate was registered in Hamburg......Nordsee Clinic was a 2 bed "hospital" lol where I was born. It appears absolutely nowhere on any birth certificates or any reference to it at all.....I only know from my mother telling me years and years ago

Yet this guy knows lol.....I answer with a smile to him and tell him the answer. He smiles and hands the passport back....

Rest assured they know you've been through Dubai lol !!

I don't see the relevance of your story. Were you born carrying your passport?

7 hours ago, brommers said:

Oh gosh, how wonderful!

No, wait. Does England not have over 3000 new infections per day, does England not have a testing system that is about to collapse, does England not have resurgent city by city lockdowns, does England not have the threat of curfews being imposed???

Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to this shambolic mess of a country!

Than why are there so many of these crossing the English Channel - and here's a clue - they're not on their way to France!

Figures from the BBC:- " A total of 3,000 people had made the crossing in the year up to July, the total figure for 2020 is now at 6,524."

A boat in the Channel

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Unless you actually scan your passport (which you don't during transit) it's not going to magically detect your presence in Dubai.

I think you'll find that's incorrect - see my post #71

8 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

This would only apply if you got a direct flight, or a layover in a travel corridor country (unlikely) 

Regardless, Perfectly reasonable. 

Basically the U.K. (and the USA) are open, all you may or may not need to do is self isolate and report where you are. Home, Hotel, etc. 

Yet, not mandatory or enforced - therefore, the problematic cycles that both are experiencing. 

Both [for supposed civilised and developed societies????] are way behind the eight ball as general safety practices are looked upon.

7 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I don't remember anyone scanning my passport at the gate. They look at it but they don't scan it.

Honestly...Emirates hold it and the boarding pass against their own scanner, when you enter the gate's waiting area, the scanner beeps once and they hand the PP  and part of the pass back to you. I take that to mean that the beep indicates a successful scan. (I'm talking about so-called "smart" passports, here)

Now, whether it just checks the validity of the boarding pass, compared with the PP, I don't know, how much data is read, I don't know but fact remains that it is scanned in some form or other.

So for the purposes of this discussion, Emirates could have your data and could pass it to UAE or UK authorities. Whether they do or not, I have no idea.

Edited by VBF

8 hours ago, brommers said:

Oh gosh, how wonderful!

Oh gosh!!! Maybe you should just leave if you are so unhappy! WÀIT.... Thailand a forced hotel quarantine

8 hours ago, brommers said:

Oh gosh, how wonderful!

Oh Gosh!!! If you are so unhappy in the UK just leave, oh wait 14 day self isolation in the uk so no cost, hospital treatments - no cost, unemployed - receive real financial help guaranteed (No one starving to death) Compare to Thailand: forced to go through hoops, pay, pay, pay every step, forced to go into quarantine costing over a thousand pounds and risk catching Covid. Have to have Thai medical insurance etc. And you really think there is zero Covid in Thailand, a country that kept its borders open and surrounded by Covid hot spots? Really??? OMG! Simple equation is test more and you will find more and that is what is happening in the uk. Oh I suppose not testing anyone or charging £500 for a test and a government renowned for lying yep I know where I feel safer and happier...

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, polpott said:

Never filled out a declaration on arrival. I am a UK citizen with a UK passport, which, I presume, you are not.

Check again you no all. Everyone returning to the UK at the moment has to fill in a passenger locator form. I hope you get caught or delayed for not doing one. You come across as a right door handle.

UPDATE. The reason they know you flew via Dubai my friend is because you have to declare it on the passenger locator form. If you lie you could potentially get fined.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This UK model should be what Thailand should follow rather than subject everyone to an expensive 14 day quarantine.

A list of safe countries should be approved without all these expensive insurance, 14 day quarantine etc.

Edited by EricTh

Sorry all you doubters, the reality is this, when you check-in at any airport for any flight you are added to the flight manifest, shortly before take-off the manifest is up loaded to a system which can be and IS accessed by arriving country's immigration and ground handlers. 

this information includes all you travel itinerary even down to the number of the container and position in the hold that your bag is located.

I hope this clears up any confusion and puts an end to stupidity. ( I doubt that )

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jimn said:

Check again you no all. Everyone returning to the UK at the moment has to fill in a passenger locator form. I hope you get caught or delayed for not doing one. You come across as a right door handle.

DECLARATION

Name: Jimmy 

Surname: Longlong

DOB: Unknown

Profession/ Lazy bagger

Hobbies: bum bum

Where do you live: Bumbumlandia

Been in contact with anyone having Covid?: No

Ok

Sign at the bottom right and p...  off