Is it official this NEW TOURIST VISA ?

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It was only been approved in principle by the cabinet which means it is not official yet. 

I doubt Brazil will be on the list of 10 countries allowed to use the scheme unless their corvid 19 infection rate drops to a zero.

Thank you Ubonjoe,very kind and clear as all the times.Thanks

• Like 1

It's only official once published in the Royal Gazette and then Immigration/MFA have to put a mechanism in place to issue these new visa categories.

From the latest information it said "one has to apply via a TAT liaison company similar to the way it works with Thailand Elite" so I'm sure they must work on opening an administration office to facilitate these applications.

53 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

From the latest information it said "one has to apply via a TAT liaison company similar to the way it works with Thailand Elite" so I'm sure they must work on opening an administration office to facilitate these applications.

The company has been in existence since 2001. See: http://www.thailongstay.co.th/

From their about us page. 

"The Thailand Longstay Company was established in 2001 with the endorsement of the Thai Royal Government to support long stay tourism. As the Tourism Authority of Thailand is a major shareholder of the company, we aim to provide the best services to retired expatriates to promote the tourism industry of the Kingdom of Thailand."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The company has been in existence since 2001. See: http://www.thailongstay.co.th/

From their about us page. 

"The Thailand Longstay Company was established in 2001 with the endorsement of the Thai Royal Government to support long stay tourism. As the Tourism Authority of Thailand is a major shareholder of the company, we aim to provide the best services to retired expatriates to promote the tourism industry of the Kingdom of Thailand."

Wow! What exactly do they do?? Never ceases to amaze me what's going on here.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It was mostly setup to promote retirement extensions and started about the same time the OA visa did.

See their our services page.

How relevant might their MOU with the Immigration Bureau now be in the light of the mandatory health insurance requirement for original OA visa holders (not to mention the various other changes relating to retirement extensions which have been made since 2001)?

32 minutes ago, OJAS said:

How relevant might their MOU with the Immigration Bureau now be in the light of the mandatory health insurance requirement for original OA visa holders (not to mention the various other changes relating to retirement extensions which have been made since 2001)?

I don't know but I suspect not much.

11 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

It's only official once published in the Royal Gazette and then Immigration/MFA have to put a mechanism in place to issue these new visa categories.

Thank you

23 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

Thank you.

They must also have quarantined in their country of origin and have health insurancefor international travel and a specified minimum amount of money in their bank account as well as a record of not visiting crowded places prior to their departure.  

During their domestic quarantine, visitors must have been tested twice for Covid-19 at the beginning and end of the process. 

As usual the requirements for the new Special Tourist are confusing.  How does one prove they had actually quarantined in their home country? Also, minimum amount of money in their bank account?  The kicker is “not visiting crowded places”???  “Yes Immigration Officer I swear I quarantined myself at home for 14 days and never visited any crowded places except for the grocery store and restaurants”???

TIT and Welcome to Thailand.  

14 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

They must also have quarantined in their country of origin and have health insurancefor international travel and a specified minimum amount of money in their bank account as well as a record of not visiting crowded places prior to their departure.  

During their domestic quarantine, visitors must have been tested twice for Covid-19 at the beginning and end of the process. 

As usual the requirements for the new Special Tourist are confusing.  How does one prove they had actually quarantined in their home country? Also, minimum amount of money in their bank account?  The kicker is “not visiting crowded places”???  “Yes Immigration Officer I swear I quarantined myself at home for 14 days and never visited any crowded places except for the grocery store and restaurants”???

TIT and Welcome to Thailand.  

This seems like a different plan than the special tourist visa approved last week.  The plan the cabinet approved last week specifically required a 2 week quarantine in Thailand, and it also required pre-paying accommodation for the entire trip.

I have a feeling they have already realized that zero people will come here with the conditions of the original plan, so they are floating this new one with quarantine in their home country and proof of funds instead.

• Thanks 1

so..

top 10 clean country citizen

3 covid tests

2 week pre-flight quarantine at home 

fit to fly

insurance

money in the bank

90 day minimum stay

90 day pre-paid accomodation

charter or private jet

2 (3) week quarantine on arrival in ASQ

2 (3) more tests..

even by thai standards they have outdone themselves this time :cheesy:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

This seems like a different plan than the special tourist visa approved last week.  The plan the cabinet approved last week specifically required a 2 week quarantine in Thailand, and it also required pre-paying accommodation for the entire trip.

I have a feeling they have already realized that zero people will come here with the conditions of the original plan, so they are floating this new one with quarantine in their home country and proof of funds instead.

But then Thailand would lose all the money their hotels are making with state quarantine.

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

During their domestic quarantine, visitors must have been tested twice for Covid-19 at the beginning and end of the process...

A link to the source of this information would be appreciated.

12 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

so..

top 10 clean country citizen

3 covid tests

2 week pre-flight quarantine at home 

fit to fly

insurance

money in the bank

90 day minimum stay

90 day pre-paid accomodation

charter or private jet

2 (3) week quarantine on arrival in ASQ

2 (3) more tests..

even by thai standards they have outdone themselves this time :cheesy:

Is that all?

what a snap.

I was anticipating jumping through blazing hoops of fire, held up by several

Oompa Loompas.

(and you gotta bring your own Oompa Loompas)

On 9/18/2020 at 3:47 AM, ubonjoe said:

It was only been approved in principle by the cabinet which means it is not official yet. 

I doubt Brazil will be on the list of 10 countries allowed to use the scheme unless their corvid 19 infection rate drops to a zero.

10 countries? Have they limited the number of countries already?

13 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

Its a bangkokpost article.  

Dated when? 

I read what the cabinet approved in principle and this certainly not in it.

"They must also have quarantined in their country of origin and have health insurancefor international travel and a specified minimum amount of money in their bank account as well as a record of not visiting crowded places prior to their departure."

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Dated when? 

I read what the cabinet approved in principle and this certainly not in it.

"They must also have quarantined in their country of origin and have health insurancefor international travel and a specified minimum amount of money in their bank account as well as a record of not visiting crowded places prior to their departure."

Today. ;Learning - easy news. From Public Health Ministry. Contradicted by gov statement in same article.