Covid-19: Have confidence in Thailand says DCD chief after 2 year old Myanmar girl tests positive

webfact

Covid-19: Have confidence in Thailand says DCD chief after 2 year old Myanmar girl tests positive

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thai media has published a timeline for the movements of a Myanmar couple whose two year old daughter has tested positive for coronavirus after returning to their home country.

Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director general of the Disease Control Department, said that the Thai people could have confidence in their country to control the spread of infection even though neighboring countries are experiencing surges in the virus. 

Health authorities in Nakhon Ratchasima and Saraburi/Ayuthaya have been investigating the movements of the mother and father and their child.

All those who came into contact with them at their places of work and residences are being traced. 

The parents worked at a breeze block company in Pak Chong from October 2019. They visited pak Chong Nana hospital to register for an insurance scheme. They registered for the work in Nakhon Ratchasima. 

They left the brick company's employment on June 25th and on August 26th went in a van to work at a market in Uthai district of Ayutthaya.  Immigration data showed they applied to work there. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-18

• Sad 1

this highlights the ridiculousness of having a zero-tolerance policy for an infectious disease when there is no truly effective in place. This is an unrealistic standard for an infectious disease.

With this as the standard, a case here or there results in people getting panicked and overreacting.

developing an awareness and precautions for  those at risk for bad outcomes if infected (the new normal) and having a return of regular life to those who are not (back to the normal normal) is what is needed at this point.

5 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

"Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director general of the Disease Control Department, said that the Thai people could have confidence in their country to control the spread of infection"

Strange that the only local infections are people who had to undergo compulsory testing

- the footballer 

- the prisoner 

- the girl who returned to her home country 

Under 1.1% of Thais have been tested compared to over 30% of UK's population.

Is this the real reason for the very low number of infections?

one word says it all

YUP

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Joke of the day :cheesy:

No, I neither have that confidence, nor I trust you, your bosses and your numbers. Not one iota.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

"Dr Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director general of the Disease Control Department, said that the Thai people could have confidence in their country to control the spread of infection"

Strange that the only local infections are people who had to undergo compulsory testing

- the footballer 

- the prisoner 

It's amazing that the they haven't found any infections from the DJ, footballer or prisoner.

Were they isolated cases picking up the virus from nowhere and not even spreading it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

- the footballer 

- the prisoner 

Yes. But not really a reason to worry. After the rise in November-February of excess deaths, there hasn't been any sudden filling up of covid wards. Most seem to be able to fight it off by themselves. It seems once the population reaches 10-15% that had it, Rt decreases by a fair bit. 

5 hours ago, poskat said:

With this as the standard, a case here or there results in people getting panicked and overreacting.

Really, I looked out the window and I see nobody running around like headless chickens, I wasn't woken by emergency sirens going off and nobody's texted me asking me if I'm safe yet ????

Why are you panicking?

4 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

- the footballer 

- the prisoner 

Your answer to this. If there were a lot of cases in Thailand why are the hospitals empty and no deaths?

22 minutes ago, gamini said:

Your answer to this. If there were a lot of cases in Thailand why are the hospitals empty and no deaths?

Hospitals are empty because the cost of hospitalisation and tests so Thais don’t go to hospital, I don’t believe they put Covid on the Death Certificate, the bodies are cremated within 2/3 days so no post-mortem. I am not a Medical expert this is only my opinion 

• Like 1