are there any other options for me ?

i have till only 26th sept before i need to leave the country . my non imm O visa ( marriage ) expired sometime in feb 

am here on amnestry till 26th ....

i do not have 400k in my bank account for past 3 mths  as i never intended to keep large amts of  money in the thai banks .

i do send money over here in batches 20-40k every now and then ...

is there any other option for me to extend my visa  ?   appreciate any advise ...

Edited by superatoz

2 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

15k? What exactly will 15k get you?

Yeah it will be more, however the OP entered on a non-o so only needs extension. I asked him if he over 50 earlier.

Extension based on retirement might  be most easy for agent.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, looks by your avatar your Oz. 

Obtain embassy letter for 30 day extension from Au embassy. 

If your over 50 an agent may suggest an extension based on retirement. If not may even suggest based on volunteering or marriage. 

If you decide to leave and are indeed from AU, I don't think you have a chance to obtain flight to Oz. Have you even made inquiries. 

Seriously you have left it very late.

no sir im not and my embassy isnt willing to give any letter of extension as they provided one before ...

if any they said has only to be medical and "UNFIT TO FLY"

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day extension at immigration to visit you wife if you have not applied for one since you entered the country.

You wife will have to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card.

if one goes earlier, is it 60 days from the date of application or 60 days from the 26th of September?

Thank you.

Edited by james.d

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day extension at immigration to visit you wife if you have not applied for one since you entered the country.

You wife will have to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card.

This is my plan that was confirmed as acceptable by a visit to Udon immigration last month while hedging my bets against either leaving for work or the now expired hope of an amnesty rollover.

The OP should also check if his local Immigration office needs an updated kor ror song (extract of current marriage registration) and kor ror hah (name change certificate for Thai partner) if applicable. Some Immigration offices have validity issues with the former, ie. must be issued less than a month, on same week or (ridiculously) same day as extension application. Some Immigration offices also insist on the latter despite it not being applicable or even available for the Thai partner if they married before 2008.

3 minutes ago, james.d said:

if one goes earlier, is it 60 days from the date of application or 60 days from the 26th of September?

Thank you.

At this late stage of the game, does the 5 days make a hill of beans of difference?

I read some posts by an applicant who applied for an extension a few weeks back being denied having it post-dated and 'losing' about 3 weeks but the post was not specific about what sort of entitlement their initial amnesty stay was based on.

9 minutes ago, james.d said:

Thank you.

Depends on office. Some reports from date of application some from Sept 26.

It should be the latter.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, looks by your avatar your Oz. 

Or maybe the by username (unless there is a ‘hidden avatar’ somewhere??).

But the actual origin of the OP has not been made at all clear by the subsequent conversation.

Edited by PGSan
typos etc.

56 minutes ago, james.d said:

Thank you.

Phuket dated mine.   16 sept to 15 Nov.   had to return next day to get (300bht) permission to open bank act. Done. Hope to have 400 k in by sept 24 th  but will not be ‘seasoned’the 60 days required  when nov 15 rolls around.  

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

ubonjoe , i already applied for an extension i believe that time during april 

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

This is my plan that was confirmed as acceptable by a visit to Udon immigration last month while hedging my bets against either leaving for work or the now expired hope of an amnesty rollover.

The OP should also check if his local Immigration office needs an updated kor ror song (extract of current marriage registration) and kor ror hah (name change certificate for Thai partner) if applicable. Some Immigration offices have validity issues with the former, ie. must be issued less than a month, on same week or (ridiculously) same day as extension application. Some Immigration offices also insist on the latter despite it not being applicable or even available for the Thai partner if they married before 2008.

nanleaw , have u already used yr 60 days amnesty before ?

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your in difficult situation. You need talk with an agent today. There are many. Just Google "Thai visa agent" 

There is a well known one in Bangkok name Thai Visa Centre, along with many others. It depends where you currently are.

It's currently Friday. Act today.

thanks i tried googling , called a few and none picked up , haha no idea what kind of service is that ...

31 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

a bit late to start to take action...

there is always 88 days of overstay for only 19.000 baht, paid at the airport on your exit...

hey bender , but my name  will get black listed  right 

Edited by superatoz

If your visa expired in February not sure your amnesty stay is valid ?

Am I right in saying that visas subject to amnesy must have been valid middle to end March.?

Contact an agent, they advertise on here all the time, but you  need to fix your 400,000 Bht as soon as possible.if not too late

• Like 1