Judge blocks 'politically motivated' changes to U.S. Postal Service ahead of election

webfact

16 hours ago, Susco said:

This is not gonna end well.

There will be last minute appeals, and other excuses for not following the ruling to the letter.

Trump has instigated something, and he will use it to reject the election results, if he doesn't get re-elected

whoever loses wont accept the results! the democrats still havent accepted they got beaten by the ginger devil 4 years later!!!!   2020 expect the unexpected.....  big trouble brewing in usa when the election results are announced

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Susco

Mail in voting has existed in limited form for many years.  However it was done with people who were NOT ABLE to go to the polls.  It was called Absentee Voting.  The person voting by mail was required to show cause for why they had to vote by mail.  Having a small number of people who do to valid reasons "being out of the state" voting by mail is certainly valid.  But opening up to millions is a recipe  for fraud.  36 million Americans go to Walmart each week and have so for the past several weeks.  If they can "safely go" to Walmart to pick up groceries, they certainly can make it to the polls with their ID. 

In terms of pushing for Vote by Mail being the Democrats, either you are ill informed or completely ignorant of the tactics by the Democrats to PUSH FOR UNLIMITED vote by mail. 

To help educate you, I have attached the following articles.

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/497375-house-democrats-include-36-billion-for-mail-in-voting-in-new-stimulus

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/pelosi-says-democrats-will-push-vote-mail-next-coronavirus-relief-n1193276

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics/democratic-super-pacs-launch-vote-by-mail-ads/index.html

Again, it is fine that you dislike or disagree with Trump however if anyone has an agenda on mail in voting, it is the Democrats not Trump. image.png.fd1bdcaef58e5f5b90a7117911fa039a.png

1.JPG

3.JPG

17 hours ago, webfact said:

"Today’s victory protects a critical institution for our country,” Washington state attorney general Bob Ferguson said after the ruling. “Americans can now confidently vote by mail and have their voices heard.”

“Americans can now confidently vote by mail and have their voices heard.”

Americans can now feel confident ,while both parties are lawyering  up!

"The bottom line: Legal disputes over results are less likely to succeed in any states with landslides — but any close election contests will almost certainly be litigated".

https://www.axios.com/2020-election-lawsuits-de329dcc-97d1-46e9-9a9d-11197fd1e6a9.html

When and if it comes time,I just hope my team's lawyers  are better than theirs !

One thing is certain voting by a  mass mail in, on a large scale certainly has challenges and  controversy according to reports!

"The coronavirus created once-in-a-generation challenges for how elections are run, so officials across the country have rushed to implement new policies and scale up mail-in voting".

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/20/politics/absentee-voting-election-problems/index.html

What could possibly go wrong imop

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

And in order to make sure it goes wrong, nothing's better than cutting postal office funding and reducing its processing capacity!  ????

Republicans are doing everything possible to try steal the election because they know they can't win fair and square.  Some things are backfiring on them though because people on both sides of the political spectrum aren't getting their meds and a lot of other stuff due to the intentional mail slow downs. Even low information voters notice things like that.  So these idiots aren't even competent enough to properly rig an election. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

A decent political leadership would make sure that there are enough resources for the transport and counting of all ballots. And they would do that because that is important for any working democracy.

What Trump and his followers clearly show is that they don't want democracy. Because if they would want it they would have spent the last months to prepare for all of this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RayC said:

Given the chaos that is happening on a daily basis on the UK side of the pond, I'm a bit sheepish in criticising other nations but, come on, how difficult is it to design an efficient process for postal voting? We've got one here that you could use (it's one of the few processes that does still work over here!).

The Boss and his sycophants are deliberately mucking things up.  Like most of the issues with these guys the problem doesn't exist until they make it one.

The research shows that the less votes that are cast, the more likely the Republicans will win -- if there are questions about this then look it up, it's no secret and it's not a tinfoil hat theory.  So the initial motivation is to diminish the number of returned ballots.  The secondary is to throw the results into contention if the results are not pleasing to those in power.

DT is obsessed about who is a loser and who isn't.  I don't like using that term, but here we have a case where someone is messing with the process so things work in their favor.  That is a loser mentality.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 8:43 PM, Morch said:

You do not any more idea regarding Trump's plans than other posters do. The President did, on more than one occasion, refuse to commit regarding accepting elections results, in case they don't go his way.

The only history of not accepting the election results is with the Democrat party, and they are still refusing to accept election results. Even now, with a majority Senate about to confirm a new Justice to the Supreme Court the Democrats refuse to accept that this is the constitutionally mandated role of the Senate - a Senate of the President's party hat has the votes already to confirm. The Democrats do not like the rules of the Republic as written down plainly - plain as day in the Constitution. I am quite sure that Donald Trump would graciously step aside which would be the NORMAL thing.

You are posing a strange hypothetical that goes against what is established law in the USA, and then claiming that I need to prove the opposite of your hypothetical. That is pure lunacy. I expect this election will be contested because the Democrats have already told their candidate to contest it - regardless of the results.

I pray to God that the election results unfold clearly in a landslide to take the wind right out of the Democrat sails in any attempt to riot in the streets. My "idea" is that Donald Trump is a normal President if he were to lose he would step down,and all of us Trump supporters would demand he did so if he was clearly defeated.  This idea of otherwise is pure made up hysteria - again only the Democrats STILL refuse to accept 2016, and on that note I expect they will not accept 2020 should they lose again - AGAIN! Already they threaten to burn down (the country?) over Trump getting another Supreme Court pick.

God Bless America, God Bless the Free World. God save us from the rising threat in the East.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

The only history of not accepting the election results is with the Democrat party, and they are still refusing to accept election results. Even now, with a majority Senate about to confirm a new Justice to the Supreme Court the Democrats refuse to accept that this is the constitutionally mandated role of the Senate - a Senate of the President's party hat has the votes already to confirm. The Democrats do not like the rules of the Republic as written down plainly - plain as day in the Constitution. I am quite sure that Donald Trump would graciously step aside which would be the NORMAL thing.

You are posing a strange hypothetical that goes against what is established law in the USA, and then claiming that I need to prove the opposite of your hypothetical. That is pure lunacy. I expect this election will be contested because the Democrats have already told their candidate to contest it - regardless of the results.

I pray to God that the election results unfold clearly in a landslide to take the wind right out of the Democrat sails in any attempt to riot in the streets. My "idea" is that Donald Trump is a normal President if he were to lose he would step down,and all of us Trump supporters would demand he did so if he was clearly defeated.  This idea of otherwise is pure made up hysteria - again only the Democrats STILL refuse to accept 2016, and on that note I expect they will not accept 2020 should they lose again - AGAIN! Already they threaten to burn down (the country?) over Trump getting another Supreme Court pick.

God Bless America, God Bless the Free World. God save us from the rising threat in the East.

How and when did the Democratic party not accept the election result? In reality, that is. Because what you're on about got nothing to do with that. The current argument is not about election results, other than in your imagination.

That you are quite sure of what Trump will do is great. Unfortunately, he did not communicate anything quite as decisive, and did not commit to doing the 'normal thing'.

I am not posing anything, but commenting on Trump's positions. That these are out of sync with what you imagine, or that they might not be quite what you're sure of - that's your problem. You are not expected to 'prove' anything, but simply to acknowledge facts. Such facts as Trump refusing to commit to accept election results, Trump claiming (on both past and current campaigns) elections are rigged, Trump pushing voters to vote twice, Trump meddling with the Postal Service shortly before elections. All these are public knowledge, appeared on various media venues and linked on topics here. Lunacy would be to deny it all, up to you.

You expect Biden to contest the results because he was told to? Guess you missed Stone's advice to Trump - to initiate martial law if he loses. But do go on about all Trump supporters demanding he step down if he loses.

In case you forgot, Democrats are Americans too. So is any other American who's not into Trump worship, or votes Republican.

On 9/19/2020 at 2:48 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

A decent political leadership would make sure that there are enough resources for the transport and counting of all ballots. And they would do that because that is important for any working democracy.

What Trump and his followers clearly show is that they don't want democracy. Because if they would want it they would have spent the last months to prepare for all of this.

I just want one ballot per person. I don't like the idea of ballots being mailed out without being requested and have no unique security features. Wonder if anybody will come up with the idea of burning mailboxes to interfere with this? 

We shall see. However if the dems really think they are so far ahead in the polls this might be a mistake on their part. The mail in votes are much more likely to be contested than those that are cast in person. 

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I just want one ballot per person. I don't like the idea of ballots being mailed out without being requested and have no unique security features. Wonder if anybody will come up with the idea of burning mailboxes to interfere with this? 

We shall see. However if the dems really think they are so far ahead in the polls this might be a mistake on their part. The mail in votes are much more likely to be contested than those that are cast in person. 

There are some variations from state to state, but they do have an individual security feature.  In some states it is a bar code which signifies the voter ID Number.  Only registered voters receive a ballot and 

once filled out and ready to mail, it must be signed and the signature must match the signature on file.   In some states a phone number is requested but not required.  Should the election officials have questions as to the authenticity of the signature, they can call you to verify it is your ballot.   

In some states a witness is required to sign the envelope as well.   

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

One ballot per person sounds great. Apart from the fact that now according to statistics voter fraud is already extreme low the president and the government should work to improve the system. Trump telling people since many month it's not good is not good enough! Make it better, you are in charge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Then you should object to the President suggesting voters casting a double vote. And protest the President hamstringing the Postal Service near election time. Or object the proliferation of misinformation regarding elections fraud. Obviously, you do none of the these. Quite the opposite.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2020 at 8:58 PM, Susco said:

Trump has made many announcements that there is massive fraud with mail in voting. He NEVER provided any evidence.

Trump has instructed his appointee at the head of the postal service, to cut back on service, which has now been ruled as unlawful by a court. And the judge has given some instructions.

I assume those instructions can not be enforced as long as there are appeals.

Same game Trump is playing with releasing his tax records, which was one of his 2016 campaign promises.

Same game his son is playing

Trump's son agrees to sit for questioning in New York probe, after the election

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/trump-s-son-agrees-to-sit-for-questioning-in-new-york-probe--after-the-election-13122830

Let's talk about that after the elections, when Trump lose, which is most likely since he is a born loser. In summation, Trump has repeatedly pointed to concrete examples of fraud, as has his attorney general and the President of the USA is NOT a "born loser". He already won a national election with no experience as a politician, and he is about to win another one, of course I have no evidence of that, other then his packed campaign events vs his opponent.

Plenty of evidence of mail in voting fraud has been provided and the President is following what his justice department is advising him. Bill Barr has likewise said that voter fraud is an issue here. The US press is filled with instances of voter fraud related to mail in voting, and the word "widespread" is being used as a misleading foil to the truth as usual.

If Trump was a born loser, he would not be given someone like you reason to spend so much of your time with negative posts that end up with nothing more then a insult.

I am not sure where you are from so I cannot compare my President to the leader of your Country to determine if which one ranks higher on the ratio of being a "born loser" but my guess is that your national leader has nowhere near the personal accomplishments of President Donald J. Trump, and further has nowhere near the record of free elections that have happened without a glitch, and nor a constitution that has stood for well over 200 years.

19 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

Plenty of evidence of mail in voting fraud has been provided and the President is following what his justice department is advising him. Bill Barr has likewise said that voter fraud is an issue here. The US press is filled with instances of voter fraud related to mail in voting, and the word "widespread" is being used as a misleading foil to the truth as usual.

If Trump was a born loser, he would not be given someone like you reason to spend so much of your time with negative posts that end up with nothing more then a insult.

I am not sure where you are from so I cannot compare my President to the leader of your Country to determine if which one ranks higher on the ratio of being a "born loser" but my guess is that your national leader has nowhere near the personal accomplishments of President Donald J. Trump, and further has nowhere near the record of free elections that have happened without a glitch, and nor a constitution that has stood for well over 200 years.

Plenty of nonsense was posted as 'evidence'. Neither Trump, nor Barr are without interests in this, and trying to paint them as objective or as just-doing-their-jobs is misleading, at best.

Your adulation of Trump is dully noted. Guess it will be followed by yet another 'I'm not a Trumper' bit.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:34 PM, watthong said:

It's called the "head I win, tail you lose" tactics, starting with schoolyard bullies where they establish the rule. Then it progresses onto "an offer you can't refuse" and so forth when the bullies grow up and join the gang (name? fill in the blank, for ex. mafia, white house 2020, etc.)

In the meantime, trolls from moscow farm will tirelessly chirp the chorus of defending the bully/cretin in the white house aka Putin puppet (see the 1st quote above - to be clear of any misunderstanding I'm not aiming at you TDSamurai - I say the 1st quote). Watch out for their rhetoric ala William Barr, a lot of hifaluting verbiage, feigning deep knowledge of (made up) facts and laws, plus a lot of acrobatic phraseology, but what it finally boils down to is like pouring chocolate on a pile of fresh turd (my update version of "putting lipstick on a pig.") Can't fool any one, troll.

I object very strongly to being called a troll. A direct insult at me without cause that surely is not in line with the rules of this board. The rest of the post is the usual and I will not comment at all.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

Then post links to the plenty of evidence.

5 hours ago, Damual Travesty said:

Trump definitely not a born loser. After all, if he wasn't born to a rich daddy who bailed him out of his bankruptcies, he never would have amounted to much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, oscarjamisono said:

Trump definitely not a born loser. After all, if he wasn't born to a rich daddy who bailed him out of his bankruptcies, he never would have amounted to much. 

Yeah, I continue to find it funny when Americans cite examples of upward class mobility (which 45 was not of course, born with the game fixed in his favor) and say Only in America! That's so ridiculous. Objective studies show there are many other countries with better chances of upward class mobility than the USA. 

• Like 1

Well I'm done. Got my ballot couple of days ago, completed it sat at my kitchen table and I was done.

On the mail thing, I wonder how many people actually mail it back.?

I dropped mine off at the local county admin building on my way home from work today, along with a bunch of folks. They had a special drop off box in the lobby.

I just checked and it's already recorded as being received. I'm pretty sure thats how most people with absentee/mail in ballots do it 

Ballot.jpg

• Thanks 1