Pattaya: China's state news agency calls resort deserted and Thais have no money

webfact

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

RIP Pattaya ....  sadly,  your days are numbered.

And all I read hear on T'Visa are the grand plans the City has when business's and people are on the edge. The most unfortunate left destitute cleared off somewhere to a facility out of sight. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

RIP Pattaya ....  sadly,  your days are numbered.

You wish! I know you are not here if you make such a statement. Parts of it are thriving and busier than this time last year during the low season. Last Friday WS was not full. Not full of Chinese coach parties. Not full of gangs of Indian men. But bars and clubs and GG bars were very busy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what you might call blinkered reporting. If they went down to Jomtien Beach of a weekend they'd see a completely different picture. Just because both Thais and farangs got fed up with the hordes of rude Chinese on Pattaya Beach and went elsewhere does NOT mean that the beaches in Thailand are all deserted and the people here have no money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya: China's state news agency calls resort deserted and Thais have no money

But that's not what the government has been telling us.

We've been hearing that Pattaya is the verge of a historic comeback and rich Thais will be heading there in record numbers to spend hundreds of millions of Baht. We've been thinking Pattaya is an economic miracle.

So now China is throwing all of this 'fake news' slop in the General's carefully made-up face. Come on General, don’t let China push you around.

Stand up like a courageous soldier politician and tell those sleazy China State News Agency slugs where to get off.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

C'mon Thailand.....how about a lawsuit here.....defamation of Pattaya?

I saw a tempting offer on a villa on Jomtien the other week, big, sea view and really cheap. I fancied a few nights away from home. But when you see the pics, why would you even want to go? 

53 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Yeah, that's what they said in the mid 70's when the GI's departed and look what happened. 

Same with Angeles City.

There are still millions of sexually active/entertainment seeking males in the world who want to come to these places.

They will be back some day.  Just so glad I am here.

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Maybe this not so tactful statement will spur Thai leadership to build a middle class.    

sounds like you have been ingesting some "goodies"  on a yellow submarine ..........

hallucinations ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1