Pattaya: China's state news agency calls resort deserted and Thais have no money

webfact

Could follow up by showing unemployment throughout the world and empty sporting arenas.  nothing we didn't already know.  What we all do know however is why the world is screwed and who caused it.  I bet the CCP didn't include that in their report.  Ooops, I forgot it was the US who did it not them.  Mugs.

I think there's some misunderstanding...  It's a real estate and business investment ad.  Plenty of distressed properties to be available at great prices. 

And, coming soon, charter flights with up to 270 days to choose a few.

Kind of like the Solomon Islands.   https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/17/asia/solomon-islands-malaita-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

But, just like the Solomons, you have to act quickly to get the best deals from the desperate sellers.  Before the rest of the world is allowed in.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps the CCP is trying to discourage its citizens from going to Thailand, as a fair few dollars get shifted out of China that way.

They may get shifted out of China but most of them remain in Chinese hands.

The truth  hurts doesnt it.  A fair warning to the Chinese...that bus has left.  Vietnam is waiting.    And still Thailand is keeping its borders closed.  Farangs will come and bring money.....Not the local thais.  Any thai making money there is the seller of “FOR RENT” signs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Hmm let's recap: China is source of worldwide pandemic. it covers up, initiates campaign of disinformation and profits from the dependence on PPE of the victims. Now it  points out the damage caused by the pandemic.

Know what? Pattaya and the rest of the world should hold China responsible for the economic cost of the pandemic.

Instead of  trying to bring the  Chinese back, Thailand would be better served by keeping them out for  5-10 years or more.

How to be fair?

The CCP deserves condemnation for a number of reasons.  The Chinese people may be as good as they can be in a perverse society, I expect, and are unable to change their country as we would like.

If the forces of international law and opinion could be more consistent it would help, but too many power blocks now are not paragons of virtue either.

12 hours ago, Cereal said:

I've never been to Pattaya. When the border opens perhaps I'll go. I bet there are deals galore there now!

I'm not sure you understand Thai logic. They will try to raise the price to make up for their losses  ????

13 hours ago, Hayduke said:

But that's not what the government has been telling us.

We've been hearing that Pattaya is the verge of a historic comeback and rich Thais will be heading there in record numbers to spend hundreds of millions of Baht. We've been thinking Pattaya is an economic miracle.

So now China is throwing all of this 'fake news' slop in the General's carefully made-up face. Come on General, don’t let China push you around.

Stand up like a courageous soldier politician and tell those sleazy China State News Agency slugs where to get off.

He won't do that, Australia has been questioning China's role in this outbreak and they have retaliated by banning some Australian imports and threatening others.The latest threat was to make Australia the poor man of Asia.

Edited by heybuz
Mistake

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps the CCP is trying to discourage its citizens from going to Thailand, as a fair few dollars get shifted out of China that way.

not really. chinese investments overseas getting a fair few dollars to send back for the CCP. 

world domination? no, i never said that.....

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Now Xinhua has said that the closure of the airspace and the borders have left Pattaya deserted and the Thai people with no money

Gloat much! You did this! They had plenty of money before China started coming to Thai en-masse and infecting the place but you lot have ruined it for everyone. Way to go. If only you'd have kept it among yourselves. Here's hoping karma works a number on you, starting with the pissant ccp. :whistling:

13 hours ago, Hayduke said:

But that's not what the government has been telling us.

We've been hearing that Pattaya is the verge of a historic comeback and rich Thais will be heading there in record numbers to spend hundreds of millions of Baht. We've been thinking Pattaya is an economic miracle.

So now China is throwing all of this 'fake news' slop in the General's carefully made-up face. Come on General, don’t let China push you around.

Stand up like a courageous soldier politician and tell those sleazy China State News Agency slugs where to get off

And cancel the purchase of those subnarines.

17 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

CCP tells the truth for the first time should be the headline. The Thai Government hasn't realised what damage has been reeked on cities like Pattaya and its workers mainly from Isaan. It will never fully recover and the mayor is eyeing up changing Walking Street into a shopping mall so the character of Pattaya will be gone forever. I remember taking my 6 year old daughter for a walk down Walking Street she just loved all the pretty lights and noise of Walking Street. I probably had different thoughts about it.

..decades from now when the younger generation views U-tube videos of Walking Street they will wonder was it really like that??

• Like 1

Pattaya is finished and done. Tourists will not come back even if and when the Corona virus is over and gone. So many officials have made it clear they just don't like foreigners. One thing I don't understand is if the Thais are all so poor, how is it that there are so many bloody cars everywhere ???

20 hours ago, Cereal said:

I've never been to Pattaya. When the border opens perhaps I'll go. I bet there are deals galore there now!

Got a taxi to immigration from soi buhakao for 150 baht. He gave me the death stare but still took it. Probably paid 50 baht to much 

But I'm guessing that's not the deal your alluding to..

I love it the way Pattaya is right now but I'm glad I gave walking st a good workout back in my crazy days. Good memories 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Johnthplumb said:

"And a lonely farang looking at his phone."

Who said he was lonely? if that was me on Pattaya beach, I would be enjoying the peace and quiet, with no Chinese, no speed boats, a nice quiet beer and a snack with a leisurely peaceful swim, bliss and certainly not lonely. 

Oh! on the phone, just checking my pension had been transfered to my bank in thailand.

Hard to be lonely in Pattaya! ????

32 minutes ago, robert888d said:

Pattaya is finished and done. Tourists will not come back even if and when the Corona virus is over and gone. So many officials have made it clear they just don't like foreigners. One thing I don't understand is if the Thais are all so poor, how is it that there are so many bloody cars everywhere ???

You must be dreaming. What is Pattaya famous for? Definitely not for it's pristine beaches and luxurious resorts. It's famous for it's red light district (whole city practically) and associated whoring activities.

Cheap sex and booze will ALWAYS pull people back. As if a few punters care about what the local officials, government and bar owners or even the girls think about them. They're there to stick a few away and then it's back home after a week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, xylophone said:

My sentiments entirely, and often is my reply to people who ask if I am "lonely".

I have lost count of the number of times when I tell a girl I have been speaking to, that I have to go home now and cook my dinner, and the reply is, "you eat alone", so naturally I say "yes".

The conversation goes on for a few minutes about having family or a girlfriend et cetera, and when I say that I don't want them because I'm happy on my own, there is often a look of surprise on their face.

I guess we are all different and some guys I have known in the past just cannot do without a woman in their lives, even if it's from opening a can, to just being able to sit and watch a movie, and one guy I know here has been married six times and is looking to marry a seventh time, and he is just hopeless on his own, so can understand why he would need a constant companion..............

I lived alone that long Thai women thought I was gay

• Haha 1