Thailand Road Carnage: 65 dead Wednesday, 2020 death toll about to top 10,000

webfact

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Thousands upon thousands die on the roads but all they care about is 57 Covid deaths, they could open up the country today but fear is gripping the powers to be, media should be saying "come to crazy Thailand only 57 Covid deaths! we are number 1 for road deaths over 10,000 deaths so far this year!! enjoy your vacation knowing you will be very safe from catching the Virus, please wear a crash helmet at all times, enjoy Crazy Thailand"

If we could just convince those with the virus to go out for a drive all would be good.

Nice to see Thailand returning to the "old normal" at least in some statistics...

3 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Im starting to think that this is an elaborate way to increase car sales.  After all, why else would one of the largest per capita police forces be completely absent from the roads?

Not new car sales, the insurance company's just fix the old ones put them back on a second hand car sales forecourt, then another idiot buy's them and has another accident because of poor driving ability and un-road worthy vehicles.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Government officials including a deputy PM have admitted in the past that it is in excess of 20,000 fatalities annually.

Yet Prayut asks the students to delay the protests to ensure public safety?

Shame he isn't so concerned about road deaths !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

It seems to me they like to be too of the list .as they could half the figures over night.by thee police doing there jobs and take away the people who should not be on the road.eg no helmet no liecince.no insurance no tax no number plate.no lights and needs a better mot of cars.

But primarily 'No brains'

• Thanks 1

Id  say things  have deteriorated  quite a  lot in the last few  years,  many motorcycles  with no rear  lights now, often  cars  as  well, then at night the  lorries  hog  the outside  lanes on dual carriageways now  as they know  no  Police  about at  night.

Also the impatient b'stards  are on the rise, the "I cant wait at a  junction" to turn right so <deleted> Im gonna  waltz to the front of the queue then carve  across, the <deleted>  bandits are also getting more stupid, 6  inches  away from my rear  bumper is normal  including a highway  patrol car the  other day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Not really surprising when you see 14 year olds weaving through traffic on heavily customized scooters, with their school shorts on and no helmet.

On a positive note, they always have a mask on though. That could help if they land on their chin.

Thai mentality again. very low, just like the parents of these kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Yet Prayut asks the students to delay the protests to ensure public safety?

Shame he isn't so concerned about road deaths !

What money is him and his soldiers going to pocket through road deaths compared to the virus?

This evening I was leaving Nongbualamphu, light rain for most of the day and roads wet. Road works at intervals lot of traffic too but still they drive like crazy. Just entering Udorn and just after the traffic lights at Nong Wua Saw crossroad, and I was just about to overtake a slow moving lorry when I saw a pick up weaving about, changing lanes rapidly then it scrapes and bounces of the concrete bollard dividers. I dropped back behind the lorry and then the traffic stopped. After about 5 or so minutes slowly moving forward said pickup was on the left with offside front and drivers door heavily dented. Didn't see any casualties. About 15-20 minutes later coming up to Tesco and Big C traffic slowed to a crawl again with truck and trailer stationary in the left lane. Car on the right offside rear heavily dented (looked like it had hit in rear and spun around because it was facing traffic) Another car on the left and ambulance present. The only thing that surprises me is that the fatality rate isn't much higher than quoted in the OP.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Not really surprising when you see 14 year olds weaving through traffic on heavily customized scooters, with their school shorts on and no helmet.

On a positive note, they always have a mask on though. That could help if they land on their chin.

"On a positive note, they always have a mask on though. That could help if they land on their chin."

No, that was only because mama/papa order this to do.

the science of stupid.wakey wakey half wits 10k dead at the scene,why all the lies .?dont count if u die an hr or a week later.the collective IQ is barely double digits.60 dead in almosta yr of covid 25k on the rds and how many maimed not a whisper.WHO are complicit  as they say nothing so whats more dangerous statistically a car ride to hua hin or walking around with no mask for 6 mnths no somchai.get it right ,please stop sitting on your 3rd eye,stop this madness and open up the economy and airport

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Im starting to think that this is an elaborate way to increase car sales.  After all, why else would one of the largest per capita police forces be completely absent from the roads?

I actually saw a Highway Patrol car on duty outside Nong Khai yesterday, even the wife commented.

• Haha 1