Yoghurt maker

Aforek

Hello, 

so far, I used a small Clarté yoghurt maker, bought on Lazada ; very satisfied ; but now, after 3 years, it doesn't work anymore ( maybe my fault ) 

but Lazada doesn't sell this item anymore

so  I need an other one ; some on Lazada, but I don't know which one to choose ; any recommandation ? ; don't need a sophisticated one, just basic 

I go soon to Bangkok, surely more choice ; where to buy one  ? 

thanks 

You don’t need any complicated electrical stuff. All you need to do is put the full fat milk into a saucepan, rice cooker etc, heat it until hot, about blood temperature, don’t heat it to simmering temp, that’s too high. Take pan off the heat. Then stir in a couple of pots (enough for 1 liter of milk) of live unflavored yogurt, stuff from 7-11 is ok. Put lid on saucepan and wait about a day. When it gets to the level of sourness that you prefer, store in the fridge.

• Like 2

I also make my own yoghurt once a month from 10 litre of milk delivered for 310 baht.

All I use it a bit pot, thermometer and a old blanket to keep it at 110 F for 12-14 hours.

I add a bit of honey or jam to the finish product.

By the way, you can keep your favorite culture in the freezer, they don't mind being frozen. 

I've been using this one for about a year:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/liner-1l-diy-yogurt-machine-portable-automatic-fruit-yogurt-maker-stainless-steel-liner-i540934557-s980480488.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.11.12984f78u4jH09&search=1

Cheap & good. True, one doesn't need one of these but I'm too lazy to get out thermometers, blanket, heat saucepans, mess with the right temps, etc. Speed and convenience win with me.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

so  I need an other one ; some on Lazada, but I don't know which one to choose ; any recommandation ? ; don't need a sophisticated one, just basic 

You don't need one, it's hot enough here without a heater.

Just put the pasteurised milk and a couple of spoons of starter in a covered jug and leave out overnight.

(Bulgaria as a starter takes a bit longer for some reason).