Krabi: Only TWO hotels are prepared to accept foreign tourists

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And yet they do not want to allow in the very people who can improve things? Idiots then, who can remain in poverty with no sympathy from me.

Maybe foreign tourists should boycott the area altogether, plenty of other holiday areas in Thailand. Xenophobia at it's best (or worst) ! 

I,m off to Ao Nang next tuesday for a 3 night stay in a 4* Hotel courtesy of the Governments domestic tourism boosting scheme (with my TGF) of course,third trip since they opened up the hotels late Ju

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

I’d booked in Ao Nang for Xmas but maybe I’ll cancel if that’s the local attitude.

In the 2 visit,s I,ve made since July the local people/businesses are really suffering the place is a ghost town hardly any shops/restaurants in the "touristy" area are open and comments like this will hardly help...I,ll see if the situation has improved next week from last month.

• Like 2

The reality is that hotels in most locations will see very few, if any, of the supposed 1,200/month tourists under this STV scheme. By setting themselves up to receive tourists that will likely never use their hotels it will likely put off any local tourists that might have been interested in staying there.

Case of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, steven100 said:

well ..... with the hotels attitude I would cancel also. They made their bed ..... 

hardly....850 baht/night inc bfst/taxes in a 4+ Hotel  plus an allowance of 900 baht/day for meals....we have a property just a couple of hours away and visit 4/5 times a year....always been made welcome even just lately :thumbsup:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, webfact said:

The local TAT representative said that only two hotels in Krabi are ready and prepared to accept foreigners. 

There's a group of about twelve Thais and three (expat) ferangs driving down from Udon to Nakhon Si Thammarat in November on a merit-making trip for someone who died recently.

We were talking about stopping off in Krabi, but it looks like that's off the menu now. Their loss.

It's about 1,300km each way. Reading this makes me wonder if we'll find anywhere to stay on the way?

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

There's a group of about twelve Thais and three (expat) ferangs driving down from Udon to Nakhon Si Thammarat in November on a merit-making trip for someone who died recently.

We were talking about stopping off in Krabi, but it looks like that's off the menu now. Their loss.

It's about 1,300km each way. Reading this makes me wonder if we'll find anywhere to stay on the way?

Can you speak Mandarin?

• Haha 1