Where can i get my old DVD player in the Ford Rnager upgraded to an modern system?

Golfhack

On 9/18/2020 at 11:01 AM, Golfhack said:

Where can i get my old DVD player in the Ford Rnager upgraded to an modern system? Such as Andriod.

Andriod?  Are you wanting to upgrade to a counterfeit Android system to save money?!

Seriously, any auto sound shop can do that for you, take a look in some of the Thai car mags if you don't know any, there's plenty of adverts there.

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Trying to upgrade the old one will likely prove difficult. Better to just buy a new one and have it installed.

You might want to upgrade the speakers at the same time.

I think Golfhack was saying in his OP that he wants to replace the old DVD (what's that?) player to an Android one. And it depends on the person's hearing as to whether he should replace the speakers, why have tweeters up to 20kHz if his hearing stops at 11kHz?

15 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Andriod?  Are you wanting to upgrade to a counterfeit Android system to save money?!

Seriously, any auto sound shop can do that for you, take a look in some of the Thai car mags if you don't know any, there's plenty of adverts there.

You question Android. What alternative could you please suggest?

Most car systems have Bluetooth so he can connect to internet radio via his phone, which is probably Android anyway.

Why have a unit with FM/AM radio these days. Thai FM is worse sound quality than Radio 2 via my phone.

Edited by stouricks
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, stouricks said:
43 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

You question Android. What alternative could you please suggest?

I don't need to suggest an alternative because didn't question "Android".  Read my comment again for the context...

"Andriod?  Are you wanting to upgrade to a counterfeit Android system to save money?!   Seriously..."

See the word spelled "A N D R I O D" in his post?  See the exclamation mark in mine?  See the word "seriously" suggesting that my previous sentence wasn't serious?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Hi Tea said:

I don't need to suggest an alternative because didn't question "Android".  Read my comment again for the context...

"Andriod?  Are you wanting to upgrade to a counterfeit Android system to save money?!   Seriously..."

See the word spelled "A N D R I O D" in his post?  See the exclamation mark in mine?  See the word "seriously" suggesting that my previous sentence wasn't serious?

Hey, I am one of the worst typo/grammar police on this forum, and regularly get reprimanded for it either by other members or even the mods.

The usual way of suggesting that something you post is not serious is to put LOL (Laugh out Loud), PML (Pis.ed myself Laughing) or 555 (Ha ha ha). The fact that you were not being serious, by putting Seriously?, did not convey that message to me, sorry.

4 hours ago, stouricks said:

I think Golfhack was saying in his OP that he wants to replace the old DVD (what's that?) player to an Android one. And it depends on the person's hearing as to whether he should replace the speakers, why have tweeters up to 20kHz if his hearing stops at 11kHz?

That's why I said they might want to, rather than they should. In any event, car speakers take a beating.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, bangsaenguy said:

Where are you?

Its a secret --its always a secret when they post asking whereabouts's locally can I buy this or get a tradesman for that...etc....... the posts drive me nuts.......I think you have got to just guess.

Pick a street in Laos and recommend that........:w00t: