Phuket motorists urged to slow down during heavy weather

webfact

Phuket motorists urged to slow down during heavy weather

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1600404511_1-org.jpg

Photo: Courtesy of Wanlop Boonchan

PHUKET: Phuket rescue workers are urging motorists to slow down and drive carefully during the current heavy downpours and strong winds across Phuket today (Sept 18).

The warning came after a car overturned on Thepkrasattri Rd this morning.

The accident happened in front of the local market near Baan Makprok School in Mai Khao at about 10am, Kusoldharm rescue worker Wanlop Boonchan told The Phuket News.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-motorists-urged-to-slow-down-during-heavy-weather-77361.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-09-18

Never happen.  "Must get somewhere quick quick!!!" 

Thai drivers seem dead set on killing more people on the road each day than the entire number of Covid deaths.  The slaughter will continue unabated.  Noul will just assist in helping Thai drivers cull the herd.

I have taught my Thai GF to slow down in rain, and pull over to the side in a safe area and put the flashers on if it gets too heavy.

It's Thai-bashing to say Thais cannot be trained to drive safely. The real problem is the training they get to qualify for a driving license is abysmal.

11 hours ago, madmitch said:

Unfortunately it isnt obvious to a lot of drivers here!

As I said before. Give them 2 options.

1) Drive safely

2) Drive as fast as you can always.

Who wins??

Nobody but they will always take number 2.????????????????????????????????????????????????

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have taught my Thai GF to slow down in rain, and pull over to the side in a safe area and put the flashers on if it gets too heavy.

It's Thai-bashing to say Thais cannot be trained to drive safely. The real problem is the training they get to qualify for a driving license is abysmal.

Some of it is common sense that is not followed.  Training should not be needed 

On 9/19/2020 at 4:14 AM, Damrongsak said:

I've driven a couple Toyota pickup trucks for perhaps 20 years, in rain, snow, ice.  SLOW DOWN.  I've gotten a bit sideways just turning from a side road into a main road at a traffic light if it's wet.

D-MAX is better, I have had both Toyota is all over the road if not careful