Who is using an agent to get a visa extension next week if amnesty is not extended ?

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I got a 60 day 'family visit' extension this morning, 27 Sept-26 Nov, no agent or appointment required.

No problems at all in Chiang Mai, not even that busy.

Never seen it so quiet.

CW is still relatively busy, obviously not as pre-covid but there are still alot of foreigners about as well as many from neighboring countries.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Not quite true. 

I am now eligible for my 12 month extension, but Christ, all the time and BS about it, from home visits and interviews with the neighbors, one or two days off school for the child, so they spend one day at the immigration office, then spend another day at home waiting for their home visit, and all the other time consuming effort, that they could just 'suggest' using an agent at the end of anyway.

Think I'll just pay the bit more to an agent at the beginning and then not have to do anything else. 

You’re ovviously in a situation that allows extension of stay based on family circumstances (childred, marriage). As the OP is speculating about amnesty he’a clearly riding the tourist bus. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ninjabkk said:

Can I get a volunteer visa after amnesty ends? 

I think you may be a little late to the party unless of course you are currently on an extension of a visa, or been given 30 or 60 days in the last few weeks.  But if you are on Amnesty, then the answer most definitely is to pack your bags and prepare to leave the country on the 26th or risk being on overstay, and going to either IDC or ponying up the max 20,000 baht fine before you fly out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But if you are on Amnesty, then the answer most definitely is to pack your bags and prepare to leave the country on the 26th or risk being on overstay, and going to either IDC or ponying up the max 20,000 baht fine before you fly out.

The agents themselves don't seem to know: have a look at this reply i received from thai visa center;

Actually I will be pushing an announcement related to this to our 15,000 LINE subscribers.

But basically we do not know if we can still convert you to non-o after the end of this month, it will be up to who ever is in charge at that time.
But right now we can currently do it.

It is worth noting that other people have successfully springboarded from an embassy letter 30 day extension to a long term visa, so i'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to do it for the volunteer visa. See this post;

Hi Peter Denis.My wife got a call from our local IO this afternoon asking that we go in tomorrow as my application for the special 30 day extension has been approved and that I will be able to apply for the one year extension based on marriage with money in the bank method when the 2 months maturation has been achieved.I'll keep you posted about the outcome. 

Edited 12 minutes ago by FarFlungFalang

44 minutes ago, ninjabkk said:

Can I get a volunteer visa after amnesty ends? 

If you can't get an embassy letter, or extend your existing permission to stay, then you need to contact a visa agent today because your options are gone! If you do have a letter/extension available, then you still have some time to see what happens at the end of the month. If you've only got an embassy letter, and not a regular extension, then personally i wouldn't chance waiting. Visa agents are saying it might not be possible to do after amnesty, but they can 100% do it now until the end of the month.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

You should have acted a lot earlier than this.  Agents need time to facilitate processing with their IO.

Depends on what Visa you are on, i applied on Wednesday for a 1 year extension and my passport was back with me this morning With the new stamp and entry permit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

nope, that’s not true at all.

You shouldn’t post things like that and worry people

im on amnesty and got my 1 year volunteer extension today from an application made on Wednesday.

agents says it can be processed right up until 23rd

some really bad advice on the thread.

I agree that he's wrong, but did you apply for an extension, or did you apply for a non imm visa + extension? two very different things with different time frames.

13 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Depends on what Visa you are on, i applied on Wednesday for a 1 year extension and my passport was back with me this morning With the new stamp and entry permit.

understand, so the OP is just magically hoping all will be ok within a couple of days.

good for you but ..... I think I would plan better if i was the OP and not just anticipate.....   imo

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

im on amnesty and got my 1 year volunteer extension today from an application made on Wednesday.

That only gives you three working days if everything works out to get a visa or five working days to get a flight out. Best to stop posting and start planning.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

He asked about getting it after Amnesty ends.  Read his post first before you tell me I have given him misinformation,

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I agree that he's wrong, but did you apply for an extension, or did you apply for a non imm visa + extension? two very different things with different time frames.

Look at what I responded to and the words I used.  He asked about getting the volunteer visa after Amnesty ends.  So give it a rest

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Look at what I responded to and the words I used.  He asked about getting the volunteer visa after Amnesty ends.  So give it a rest

spoke to an agent in Pattaya about this and he said (without a great deal of conviction) that it still should be possible after amnesty ends. But will cost you

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, i asked Thai visa center and they said they are not sure. I also provided examples of people moving to long term visas on an embassy letter extension to show that it is possible to convert to a long term visa later. There are still options available.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

did you get a visa only 2 days waiting ... ?  Wed to Fri