Who is using an agent to get a visa extension next week if amnesty is not extended ?

Just now, ninjabkk said:

did you get a visa only 2 days waiting ... ?  Wed to Fri 

No, he got an extension. These can be processed same day. For a new non imm visa, you need 15 days left on your visa to apply. Some agencies have been asking for 20 days. Agencies have also been saying you can do the 3 month visa, and then extend for a year two months later. If the extensions are going to be available, why wouldn't the original non imm visa be?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Let's not forget, this volunteer visa has been used for YEARS by thousands of people. It's not a new thing! I strongly suspect it's a sales tactic to boost numbers, and a price gouging scheme. WHY wouldn't it be available later?

If someone does not have a valid visa, or an extension of said visa and has been on amnesty without getting the embassy letter or such as needed, then waiting until the day after the amnesty ends puts you on overstay, and only a miracle will allow you to obtain a visa without leaving the country first, and or possibly paying the heavy overstay fine levied.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 2530Ubon said:

No, he got an extension. These can be processed same day. For a new non imm visa, you need 15 days left on your visa to apply. Some agencies have been asking for 20 days. Agencies have also been saying you can do the 3 month visa, and then extend for a year two months later. If the extensions are going to be available, why wouldn't the original non imm visa be?

exactly, but some farang know better ....  oh ' they want money, he will do for me.  lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

If someone does not have a valid visa, or an extension of said visa and has been on amnesty without getting the embassy letter or such as needed, then waiting until the day after the amnesty ends puts you on overstay, and only a miracle will allow you to obtain a visa without leaving the country first, and or possibly paying the heavy overstay fine levied.

if someone isn’t on a valid visa they need to be finding an agent who can process a medical extension.

that shouldn’t be too hard

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ninjabkk said:

before go to the visa agent can I wait until 21th Sep next week that the final day government will announce amnesty or not. ..?  

stupid .... if you don't have enough to pay an agent ... you shouldn't be in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

if someone isn’t on a valid visa they need to be finding an agent who can process a medical extension.

that shouldn’t be too hard

Yes, and before the amnesty ends, not after it has ended is and was my point.  Have a good evening, and good luck to anyone still scrambling with 8 days left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You are 100% correct, which is exactly why i suggested extending the existing visa, obtaining an embassy letter, or contacting an agent.... Your point was it was game over already, and the OP had to plan to leave. This isn't true.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Bit harsh calling someone stupid 

no ... not really, the guy is gambling on his living situation and leaves it until the last few days.

He obviously doesn't qualify for the bank deposit or incoming funds so he is relying solely on an agent.

wouldn't you call that very naive or stupid ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

You are 100% correct, which is exactly why i suggested extending the existing visa, obtaining an embassy letter, or contacting an agent.... Your point was it was game over already, and the OP had to plan to leave. This isn't true.

You still missed the point, go back and re-read my post.  In fact here it is again:

Can I get a volunteer visa after amnesty ends? 

I think you may be a little late to the party unless of course you are currently on an extension of a visa, or been given 30 or 60 days in the last few weeks.  But if you are on Amnesty, then the answer most definitely is to pack your bags and prepare to leave the country on the 26th or risk being on overstay, and going to either IDC or ponying up the max 20,000 baht fine before you fly out.

So now tell me again how if he has not started the process, found an agent, has the paperwork going forward, how waiting until after the amnesty ends and then attempting to apply will be met without being on overstay, and if that's what his plans are then he needs to pack his bags and prepare to leave.  No if's and's or but's about it.  Now if he has obtained the 30 day extension then there would be no reason he could not if he was already in the process of doing what's necessary.  Failure to do anything until after is just a fools errand.

Nowhere did I say it was Game Over

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

1 hour ago, ninjabkk said:

This was not the OP who asked it was another poster,  Read please, and do not read into the post what you are thinking is being responded to.  I was not responding to the OP but another individual.  

9 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

If the OP is on amnesty, they still have time to apply for; an extension of the original visa (if available), an embassy letter, or, as the message i posted from Thai Visa Center ' they can still do it until the end of the month'

the answer most definitely is to pack your bags and prepare to leave the country on the 26th or risk being on overstay, and going to either IDC or ponying up the max 20,000 baht fine before you fly out.

That bit certainly reads like game over to me.

So please try and maintain the right frame for the answer given.  The information to pack your bags and prepare to leave is correct as they will be on Overstay if they have not done anything to change there situation.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

marriage with money in the bank method when the 2 months maturation has been achieved.I'll keep you posted about the outcome. 

Edited 12 minutes ago by FarFlungFalang

2 hours ago, ninjabkk said:

If you can't get an embassy letter, or extend your existing permission to stay, then you need to contact a visa agent today because your options are gone! If you do have a letter/extension available, then you still have some time to see what happens at the end of the month. If you've only got an embassy letter, and not a regular extension, then personally i wouldn't chance waiting. Visa agents are saying it might not be possible to do after amnesty, but they can 100% do it now until the end of the month.

As you can see, my reply is to the same forum member...perhaps you should carefully read these things before suggesting others are not reading your posts. In fact we did read your post(s) and found them wanting. Good evening

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SePl said:

hello,

do you plan to get a visa extension next week (marriage or kid or anything) if amnesty is not extended ?

I am wondering if agents will be busy ? which one do you recommend ?

Thanks.

The amount of request I have seen on here over the years asking advice for Agent/Doctor/Painter /builder/  etc  etc ........  They should have a special line the that you click on and it says.......And guess where I live......:w00t:........  Because they <deleted> never tell on the request...

***BTW  there is a good agent in Udon if your up that way.

Edited by sanuk711

30 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

there is a good agent in Udon if your up that way.

In another thread I have been trying to help guy lives Udon Thani looking for agent . He has no experience agents. If you could PM details that I could forward him would be great.

57 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

ive only met one of these sort in real life, and that was on LK Metro about a month a go.

were Idly chatting about the amnesty what might happen and he got all Upset. (He said he was on a long term retirement visa)

“they should just kick em all out, they’ve had enough extensions now. They are only making things more difficult for me”

I asked him how this was making things more difficult for him

”well..... I don’t know”

and so on, furious he was about......something? 

absolute boneheads. 

It's one thing to make baseless accusations like the guy you met in this instance, another to tell someone who is planning to wait until NEXT WEEK (I presume past Tuesdays cabinet meeting) 2 days before the amnesty ends to approach an agent that he's out of his mind.

Set aside the gambling mentality here but he doesn't seem to understand how agents work which is why he's of the opinion that "all they want is money without doing any work".

The day you meet the agent nothing happens to your passport, the next day earliest it's going on the way somewhere to an immigration office where this particular agent has a contact, from there it has to change hands several times. Often times there is additional paperwork involved from an organization/clinic/school to front for the type of the respective visa. Let's keep in mind that getting these agent visas and paying 50k for them means you're getting them through a payoff (fraud, bribes) and the whole process takes several weeks.

Edited by FlyingThai
  • Confused 2