Who is using an agent to get a visa extension next week if amnesty is not extended ?

7 hours ago, Charlatans said:

While nothing is certain, is it pretty much a done deal when paying an agent or just improve your chances. 

Agents are just money fixers. You still have to qualify for any extension and have your papers in order be it based for marriage or retirement extension.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Charlatans said:

While nothing is certain, is it pretty much a done deal when paying an agent or just improve your chances. 

done deal unless of course it's a scam/cheat then you may never see your passport again!
from what I was told it's a 100% success service or 100% money back so one don't expect money back thus also not any rejections ????

16 hours ago, worldfun said:

That is just 1 type of 'fixers'.

The other type of agents is ones running the other schemas such as volunteer (with an associated NGO) & education (with associated language school). They will provide majority paperwork/qualifications while of course they need your passport, photos, TM30, signatures etc & even for you to show your face to an IO at least once (for photos).

Then you can actually do the required study or volunteer work or alternatively just pretend to (going the fake route!).

I don't know anyone who did the volunteer visa via agent and actually had to show up at an immigration office. You hand in your passport photos and that's it. These visas aren't processed at your doorstep but at some random immigration office (often upcountry) where the agent has a contact.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2020 at 9:59 AM, Charlatans said:

If using a good agent, and they agree to accept your business, you will get the visa/extension they indicate at the price they quote. Not all agents are good agents, and all kinds of problems can arise with the bad ones.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2020 at 1:38 PM, Susco said:

My opinion is that if you need to pay an agent......you shouldn't be in Thailand

There are plenty of 'fast track' options in the world if one can afford them, or you 'know the right people' you should try it, gives a little insight into the relaxed world of avoiding undesired hassle.

One of the aspects of Thailand I find quite refreshing there is usually a mutually beneficial solution available

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 473geo said:

One of the aspects of Thailand I find quite refreshing there is usually a mutually beneficial solution available

But the flipside is, when you meet the official requirements, and they block you because they want a result that is only beneficial to them, and should not be necessary (15x to 25x the 'official fee') for you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

But the flipside is, when you meet the official requirements, and they block you because they want a result that is only beneficial to them, and should not be necessary (15x to 25x the 'official fee') for you.

Yep the risk, requirement can vary, the risk is also that the people complaining have not quite met these requirements, as they were unaware or failed to accommodate them, the risk is the 'customer' will then lose their cool, take an accusatory stance, then they are on the slippery slope.......there is risk with everything it is the individual choice as to where they feel the things are not worth the risk. That does not mean a risk free solution should not be available to others with a more accommodating outlook on life

Never in all my travels have I had reason to complain about treatment by those in authority, I learnt very young to accept when I got it wrong I faced the consequences, but it was ok if I learnt from my mistakes

Years ago somehow I arrived at Sydney airport with no entry visa, customs guy looks through my passport, doing his job he says "where's you visa mate? Nobody gets into Australia without a visa"

I won't bore you with detail - but I did

Just lucky I guess

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

I'll admit it. I'm a slow learner. And judging by this thread, I'm not the only one. I have spent a lot of time in Thailand, but never more than a couple of months at a time. I had no idea how the long term visa thing worked here. I have now taken my crash course. And this forum has helped.

Now I have an embassy letter extension and want a retirement visa. For a very legitimate reason, a job I thought I would have to complete in Cambodia, but don't, I ran out of time. For others, it's the suddenly worsening situation of COVID in their home countries or borders not opening that were anticipated. We get it. If given just a bit more time, there is still agent money to be made from slow learners like me.

Edited by ehgnyc

If anyone can recommend an agent they have used successfully, please advise. I am on consideration stamp until 15 October and would like to go ahead and get this sorted soonest. I have reached out to 2 agents I found online but no reply as of yet. Much thanks for the recommend. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BKK4 said:

If anyone can recommend an agent they have used successfully, please advise. I am on consideration stamp until 15 October and would like to go ahead and get this sorted soonest. I have reached out to 2 agents I found online but no reply as of yet. Much thanks for the recommend. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1182571-thai-visa-centre-visa-agent/

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:08 PM, FlyingThai said:

And what they do for the payment is facilitating a visa issuance to someone who would otherwise not be eligible to get one.

Exactly what do they do that an individual can't - except paying under the table to a corrupt IO?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, daejung said:

Probably my question is stupid. I never used an agent and don't need one.

How come and agent can get something when you're not eligible ? Corruption ?

Immigration are more likely to deal with an agent, for their own reasons. They can also 'sign off' on some of the eligibility requirements, and you can not directly provide the incentive.

• Haha 1