60 day family at Chiang Mai very easy today.

Is that the same side as the Rimping supermarket, or is it a different bridge?

I'm wondering why the numbers are down so much, maybe there are no Chinese there anymore. Every time I was there, I knew how a sardine felt in the tin.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He did 60day visit wife. No letter required

I just got an embassy letter today coz I plan a 2 months extension of NON-O on the basis of supporting a Thai child. The UK embassy only gives letters for NON-O extensions so that's why I asked. Maybe it's only for certain types of NON-O? Confusing as ever.

EDIT - i sent a photo of my visa page, so the embassy knew i was going NON-O -> 2 month NON-O extension ie not from TV.

Edited by hanuman2

9 minutes ago, hanuman2 said:

BritmanToo

Did you need an embassy letter for your extension?

No letter required for a 60 day family extension of a Non-O entry currently on amnesty.

They were asking for letters if on a Tourist VISA or VISA waiver on arrival.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, hanuman2 said:

I just got an embassy letter today coz I plan a 2 months extension of NON-O on the basis of supporting a Thai child. The UK embassy only gives letters for NON-O extensions so that's why I asked. Maybe it's only for certain types of NON-O? Confusing as ever.

EDIT - i sent a photo of my visa page, so the embassy knew i was going NON-O -> 2 month NON-O extension ie not from TV.

I assume your obtaining the 30 day with embassy letter as you need more time to organize for your 60 day extension (child).

I'm confused because I thought the 30 day with letter was made available to visa exempt and tourist visa holders.

If you do in fact obtain a 30 day extension with letter, you would be advised to check that your IMM office will accept further extension post amnesty, based on child. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, hanuman2 said:

Unless you need the 60-days extension to give you more than sufficient time to get hold of the required documents for your 1-year extension of stay application for reason of Thai dependent child, there is no need for such intermediate extension.

When applying for the 1-year extension of stay for that specific reason (support of Thai dependent child) there is no need to season the 400K when using the funds-in-bank method.  You simply need to show that it is on your personal thai bank-account at the moment of application (and once your application is approved, which can take 3-4 weeks you can use the funds as you please).

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I assume your obtaining the 30 day with embassy letter as you need more time to organize for your 60 day extension (child).

I'm confused because I thought the 30 day with letter was made available to visa exempt and tourist visa holders.

If you do in fact obtain a 30 day extension with letter, you would be advised to check that your IMM office will accept further extension post amnesty, based on child. 

Hi DrJack,

ONLY when having entered Thailand Visa Exempt or on a Tourist Visa, are you eligible for a 'regular' 30-day extension of stay (one per entry).

The Embassy letter supported 'special' extension of stay, can be applied for from any entry, that is if your Embassy is willing to provide it.  And the good news is that there are now some reports of applicants which used that special extension of stay, as a spring-board to successfully apply for a regular extension.

But it is correct that there have also been reports of:

- IOs refusing to handle a regular 30-day extension of stay application even when the applicant was eligible for it, and insisting on an Embassy letter to support that application.  But reports from CM, Samui, Mae Hong Son and Ubon Ratchathani confirmed that these offices provide the 30-day extension when you are eligible for it (i.e. not used yet and entered VE or on a Tourist Visa);

- IOs (e.g. HatYai and SriRacha) stating that applying for a special extension of stay with the Embassy letter will block you from applying subsequently for a regular extension. 

Inconsistency is the rule!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Never seen so few people. The form for the 1 year extension mentioned the need for a TM30 ........... what's a TM30 I asked?

Directed round the back to ask what's this 'TM30' all about then?

And they did one for me, no fine despite being here for the last 11 years without one.

You are a lucky Brit Man.    They were fining people for years ( usually 1600 baht)  who had no tm30.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

You are a lucky Brit Man.    They were fining people for years ( usually 1600 baht)  who had no tm30.

Guess it depends on IMM office (as usual) 

Been doing extensions 8 yrs at CW pre covid exit/reenter Thailand every month. 

Never have done one TM30

6 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I'm waiting until next Wednesday in case of another amnesty extension ???? 

As long as you have a good and confirmed back-up plan of what to do when the Amnesty is not extended, I would say: quite OK.

Only drawback being that in that case you would be confronted with 'slightly overcrowded' Immigration offices that have to cater for all those with similar plan as yourself.

Just now, Peter Denis said:

As long as you have a good and confirmed back-up plan of what to do when the Amnesty is not extended, I would say: quite OK.

Only drawback being that in that case you would be confronted with 'slightly overcrowded' Immigration offices that have to cater for all those with similar plan as yourself.

I was there (CM) this afternoon.  Quiet.  They rejected my extension based on "income".  Will pick up my 60 day extension next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I was there (CM) this afternoon.  Quiet.  They rejected my extension based on "income".  Will pick up my 60 day extension next week.

So, that's a good back-up plan > 60-day extension is an easy application.

Attached the requirements below:

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and she has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it. 

You would need to provide proof of residence.

If your wife is the owner of the place you are staying, a copy of the house-book from that place will do.  When renting, a copy of the rental agreement will be needed with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by the owner.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (varying from 1 months old to same day) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

Questions:

- Or are you applying for the 60-day extension for reason of visiting your Thai Child>

- What was the reason your 'income' application was not accepted?

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, Khualek Cafe, just across the road from Rimping car park, I always eat there as it's a perfect riverside setting and not too expensive. 300bht for two of us including a large Leo.

so IO also didn't ask where you wife was as I assume she was waiting in the cafe drinking all your beer while you were stressed out in immi office ????
congrats on your succes maybe your new amulet did work it's magic after all ????

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Great for you! Thanks for a positive post. ???? 

it sounds like those thousands that were going to get kicked out have already made alternate plans or have left. Have to wait until next Friday to be sure.

Good job Brit man II

Edited by checkered flag

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

Questions:

- Or are you applying for the 60-day extension for reason of visiting your Thai Child>

- What was the reason your 'income' application was not accepted?

Visit wife.

Reason for rejection?  My application was based on my deposits in my bank exceeding 40,000bt average per month over the last year.  They wanted a statement from my thai bank detailing each deposit with overseas source, & being at least 40,000 per month.  My deposits vary every month - unless you plan this 12 months ahead you can't meet their (CM) requirements, even tho' the official policy is "average over one year greater than 40,000".

The problem at CM immigration is your application is checked by "helpers" outside, who check your papers.  They sent me on a wildgoose chase to the bank to get a one year statement, but didn't tell me it had to detail each overseas deposit.  Only with this statement could i proceed to see an immigration officer.  Only then did I get told I need this AND minimum (not average) monthly has to exceed 40,000.  I gave up & told them to just give me 60 days.  IO said you have until 25th ????

• Like 1

Reason for rejection?  My application was based on my deposits in my bank exceeding 40,000bt average per month over the last year.  They wanted a statement from my thai bank detailing each deposit with overseas source, & being at least 40,000 per month.  My deposits vary every month - unless you plan this 12 months ahead you can't meet their (CM) requirements, even tho' the official policy is "average over one year greater than 40,000".

What a bummer that CM does not accept the transfers you made, because there are IOs that do honor the 'average of 40K monthly" as the regulations prescribe. 

Be aware that when applying for the 400K funds-in-bank method, that you would need to provide evidence that +400K was on your personal thai bank-account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) for TWO months, at the moment of application.

Your 60-day extension will provide you with a permission to stay till 25 November.

So you need to ensure the funds are beginning of next week on your thai bank-account, so that you can apply 2-3 days before the permission to stay expiry date (providing you with sufficient time to conduct some possible wild goose-cheeses for missing documents and additional evidence for that 1-year extension of stay application).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

What a bummer that CM does not accept the transfers you made, because there are IOs that do honor the 'average of 40K monthly" as the regulations prescribe. 

Be aware that when applying for the 400K funds-in-bank method, that you would need to provide evidence that +400K was on your personal thai bank-account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) for TWO months, at the moment of application.

Your 60-day extension will provide you with a permission to stay till 25 November.

So you need to ensure the funds are beginning of next week on your thai bank-account, so that you can apply 2-3 days before the permission to stay expiry date (providing you with sufficient time to conduct some possible wild goose-cheeses for missing documents and additional evidence for that 1-year extension of stay application).

And they weren't interested at all in my printouts of Transferwise statements.

I can transfer the 400,000, but being a Yorkshireman, holding out for better exchange rate ????

Edited by Yorkshire Tea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And they weren't interested at all in my printouts of Transferwise statements.

Yes, but that's logical, because they had already 'written you off' once they spotted a less than 4OK monthly transfer in your bank-book or 12 month income-statement. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, but that's logical, because they had already 'written you off' once they spotted a less than 4OK monthly transfer in your bank-book or 12 month income-statement. 

The rejection was because I didn't have the correct statement, with details of overseas source.  They didn't even look at the amounts.  I had to really push them about that, or another wasted trip to the bank.

The rejection was because I didn't have the correct statement, with details of overseas source.  They didn't even look at the amounts.  I had to really push them about that, or another wasted trip to the bank.

Are you saying that CM rejected your application because of the TransferWise receipts, and not because you not able to show transfers of +40K monthly over the past 12 months?

19 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Are you saying that CM rejected your application because of the TransferWise receipts, and not because you not able to show transfers of +40K monthly over the past 12 months?

Both.  They insisted on a statement from my Thai bank detailing each transfer, showing the UK bank it originated from.  They showed me a copy of someone else's statement (with name & account numbers blocked out).  When I tried to show transferwise receipts, they were waved away.  Not interested.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Both.  They insisted on a statement from my Thai bank detailing each transfer, showing the UK bank it originated from.  They showed me a copy of someone else's statement (with name & account numbers blocked out).  When I tried to show transferwise receipts, they were waved away.  Not interested.  

It's been this way for a while now and should be of no surprise.  I get credit advise statements monthly to prove my transfers.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Your bank-statement will show the dates/amounts of the transfers done, but will often not show the required code that the transfer made came from abroad.  That's were the TransferWise receipts come in, as they will provide irrefutable evidence that those transfers originated from abroad.  

It's very strange that CM IO whisked them away, and I would be interested to know whether other CM applicants had similar experience with TransferWise receipts not being accepted to prove the foreign origins of the transfers made.

Add-on > Confirmed by CF in post above that CM does not accept them.  Strange but CM is in more than one way a somewhat rogue office.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

It's been this way for a while now and should be of no surprise.  I get credit advise statements monthly to prove my transfers.

Luckily, this wasn't my only route to getting an extension, but annoyed at having to shift 400,000 over now at poor exchange rates.  Forever hopeful of Thai baht weakening ????

Another Brit, trying to use the income method was also rejected for not having the proof of source, & his income was well over 40,000 per month, every month.

• Like 1

I was there this week for a 1 yr family renewal. Actually no problems except for copies needed to be recopied for how they wanted them formatted. I expect the approval to be no problem. Easiest CM visit I have had in over 10 years. CV19 made this experience without the crowds quite acceptable. 

• Like 2