60 day family at Chiang Mai very easy today.

12 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

...So now that I've used my 60 day extension to visit Thai wife, when/how does one qualify for another? When I leave the country and come back? Or when I get a new visa? Or....?

You are entitled to one 60-day extension per entry.  Doing a border-run (once borders are open again) or entry on a new Visa would qualify you for a new 60-day extension of stay on top of the permission to stay that entry would provide you.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Just got my 60 day extension for visiting Thai wife stamp at Chiang Mai immigration. The downloaded from the internet, 2-page TM7 form I had filled out was not correct. Had to fill in a newer 4 page form. Had to go around back and copy every page in my passport as every page has a stamp or more relating to Thailand. That wasn't a problem as there was no line but who'd have thought? Also had to get a receipt for the TM30 that I had done online. I had a printed out copy of a screen shot of mine but no receipt. Did not cost anything. There are a lot of volunteer foreigners helping out front who speak great English. My helper was from the Philippines and knew his stuff. The whole thing took about 1.5 hours. Many thanks to Peter Denis! And all the other folks who have put up info....Cheers!

How crowded was it @ CM immigration today? 

I assume this was near the airport vs Promenada- yes?

Airport. It seemed quite busy at 8:30 but quieted down a bit after that. Chairs were maybe only a third full inside. I had 2 folks in front of me waiting to get TM30 receipts. And 1 person in front at the copiers. I had "helpers" in the front pretty much at all times meaning they were not swamped. About 1.5 hours total.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

It would be fantastic if they would lift that restriction for the time being, at the very least allow 2.

There have indeed been at least 2 reports of IOs that were lenient and confirmed that they would keep on issuing 60-day extensions of stay to a ME Non Imm O marriage Visa holder that was unable to meet the requirements for a regular 1-year extension of stay.

That was probably due to special circumstances or bonds between applicant and IO, because at the large majority of IOs - and surely the larger ones - that would be a clear NO.  Even though UJ confirmed that it would be relatively easy to issue such extra 60-dy extension for the officer in charge of the IO.

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

...So now that I've used my 60 day extension to visit Thai wife, when/how does one qualify for another? When I leave the country and come back? Or when I get a new visa? Or....?

Thank you.

Just get a Non O Marriage visa with 400K in your account. Better do soon because it must be in the bank 2 months. You could try monthly transfers (foreign 40K/month) for a couple of months but it doesn't work everywhere.

• Like 1

Yes, I will get the marriage extension in 2 months, all set on that front. I was just curious as many folks are worried about "using up" their 60 day extension. Here's a weird one. I got a call from immigration at 5 this afternoon asking me to confirm the amount of my receipt for the extension earlier in the day. I replied 1900 baht and she quickly said thank you and hung up. What was that all about, I wonder? Thought maybe my receipt said something else but indeed it said 1900 baht. Go figure. Anyone?

2 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Yes, I will get the marriage extension in 2 months, all set on that front. I was just curious as many folks are worried about "using up" their 60 day extension. Here's a weird one. I got a call from immigration at 5 this afternoon asking me to confirm the amount of my receipt for the extension earlier in the day. I replied 1900 baht and she quickly said thank you and hung up. What was that all about, I wonder? Thought maybe my receipt said something else but indeed it said 1900 baht. Go figure. Anyone?

Think they invoiced someone but forgot to get the cash...

• Like 2

Got my 60 days this afternoon.  

Uneventful experience, but almost went into cardiac arrest when a shaven headed chap, with tattoos, wifebeater, shorts & thongs got his extension granted!  So many posts over the years on TVF that this was a no-no & folk must turn up in trousers, collared shirt & laced, polished shoes ????