High-pressure washers to become controlled item in Thailand after one electrocutes user

webfact

Guess I will need to get a prescription form since it will be a controlled item, Wonder if it will be only able to bought through a Government distributor, with of course your pre-approved prescription which will also tell you how to use it and what the consequences of misusing it will be along with fines levied.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Thomas J said:

The lunacy is just mind boggling.  ONE DEATH and the government goes into high alert to "protect" consumers from hazardous products.  In the meantime thousands die each year on the roads and the substantial number resulted from drugs or alcohol.  Does the government start an enforcement program to randomly screen drivers.  Does it prohibit drivers from being on the roads for multiple DUI offenses.  
image.png.2b3c7df5166e14112deaab257b82aab3.png

The mind boggles actually that you expect all government agencies to to the same thing. You know they can do multiple things and have multiple different organizations do different things. Those that are about traffic do their thing. This is an other organistion.

Are you one of those guys that thinks they should not go after people who beat up others because they first have to round up murderers ? Or do you understand they can go after both. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, robblok said:

The mind boggles actually that you expect all government agencies to to the same thing. You know they can do multiple things and have multiple different organizations do different things. Those that are about traffic do their thing. This is an other organistion.

Are you one of those guys that thinks they should not go after people who beat up others because they first have to round up murderers ? Or do you understand they can go after both. 

With limited legit and non corrupt resources, you can not go after both.

The mind boggles even much more to the fact, that you, think they will do anything in the first place LOL. They can not even control the import on high pressure machines anyway so anyone could just ignore this news article in reality.

Most lazada imports do not pay any taxes as they come trough corrupt trucks via the north of Thailand.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

With limited legit and non corrupt resources, you can not go after both.

The mind boggles even much more to the fact, that you, think they will do anything in the first place LOL. They can not even control the import on high pressure machines anyway so anyone could just ignore this news article in reality.

Most lazada imports do not pay any taxes as they come trough corrupt trucks via the north of Thailand.

Its a try, but its a fact that there is corruption and it makes the law ineffective.

But those standard remarks of look at XXX you should not do YYY are a bit childish.

You got so many different departments that can do so many different things so its a non issue.

I think its a good thing that there are certain standards for goods. But I understand like you through corruption its hard to enforce. But better enforce a bit then non at all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Youlike said:

What a load of nonsense....pressure washers in thailand even don't have a grounded cable, there's only 2 wires in the cable while in European countries there are 3! The thai ones are nog legal to use in Europe but the weird thing is that Karcher, Bosch and all other brands make them with 2 wires only for Thailand. These brands should not even think about lowering their standards.

Also Thailand should get electric outlets with a ground connection...Why would they think the 1st world has that?

AHHHHHHHHH   indeed.. this whole topic is a waste of space...... technically impossible to have an earth if 2 pins.. I wonder if the circuits are the same as the 3 pin EU makes....  wow... its unbeleivable..  all this to NOT have it earthed?  what possible motivation..

39 minutes ago, Seeall said:

AHHHHHHHHH   indeed.. this whole topic is a waste of space...... technically impossible to have an earth if 2 pins.. I wonder if the circuits are the same as the 3 pin EU makes....  wow... its unbeleivable..  all this to NOT have it earthed?  what possible motivation..

If an appliance is double insulated then earth is not required even under IEC rules, so 2 wire connection is acceptable:

"IEC Protection Classes

• Class I: These appliances must have their chassis connected to electrical earth (ground) by an earth conductor. ...
  • Class II: A Class 2 or double insulated electrical appliance is designed in such a way that it does not require (and must not have) a safety connection to electrical earth (ground)."

The power outlets at my home are all RCBO protected. Not a legal requirement, but makes me feel a lot safer with all these appliances with no earth. I do not trust the Chinese to manufacture or the Thais to ensure that actual standards are met for manufacturing.

Cheers

• Like 1

To follow up on Litlos' post (#66) post regarding IEC Protection Classes, all 'Wet Area' appliance electrical connections should include GFCI/RCBO device in the circuit. Understanding it is not always possible to have one installed at the CU/Breaker Panel, you can install a GFCI/RCBO Receptacle on the electrical circuit for use in the wet area, or make an extension cord using a GFCI/RCBO plug end.

Common in other countries, these devices are not common in Thailand, though Safe-T Cut does sell them online, (see below). I have purchased both the GFCI receptacle and the PRCD plug-end, both devices appear to be of good quality and either manufactured for 'Export' with the Receptacle being labeled as a GFCI, or possibly imported and relabeled as a 'Safe-T Cut' product.

It is easy to fit the receptacle to an installed wall mount 2-gang electrical box or make an extension cord using a W/P receptacle box connected to a length of VCT cable (3-wire) and add the W/P PRCD protected plug at the other end. 

Here in Thailand, I always use the PRCD protected extension cord when using my pressure washer and other wet area devices such the stone cutting saw I use for blocking out sculptures and similar. Rubber boots are also the recommended footwear for the day ????

GFCI-A1.jpg.422aa6b84a0568f456ae0f52fe0398ab.jpg
https://www.safe-t-cut.com/en/product/wd932/

PRCD-PLUG-A1.jpg.83d8505489e32d99a38f9c1d819105a9.jpg

https://www.safe-t-cut.com/en/product/kppr-16-cp/

cheers!

Edited by SimpleMan555
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 3:07 PM, johng said:

It was not earthed properly...by wearing the slippers you where like a bird on a wire.

( no route to earth through you)

More overreactions   they should just specify that products like these  be used with a ELCB   A.K.A 

an earth leakage circuit breaker  even better the ELCB should be built into the product or the power cable/plug.

ELCB should be used for any mains voltage appliance used outdoors or in a wet/damp environment.

That is correct which is one thing we fixed and insisted upon when the sparky was working here.  Had a Safety Cut on the mains already.

Edited by emanphoto