Thailand reports first coronavirus death in over 100 days

webfact

6 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yeah this fake storm which has already killed people, put hundreds out of their homes and caused widespread disruption and destruction.

Why one earth would you belittle it as a "weak ass storm" when it is having serious effects on many people?  Not as good as your big old US storms?  What is your problem exactly??    You have some sort of pathetic agenda and you should be ashamed.  

It is called sarcasm

8 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

59 deaths in 70,000,000 people. That's just about a 0.00008% chance of dying of Covid 19. If you are an epidemiologist doing a health risk analysis, this illness wouldn't even factor in... would never even be considered. 

Outstanding numbers !! Full blown open up commercial flights and all airlines, test prior to departure, test on arrival, no ASQ, if negative practice social distancing, if cannot social distance wear a mask, wash hands, enjoy your stay,  end the hardship and get the smiles back! Dreaming I think..... 

11 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

People driving around without helmets hasn’t got the potential to wipe out towns and cities  - do you get it now ? 

Seems you completely missed the point being made - possibly you could re-read it and apply a little thought to it or would you like it explained in very simple terms them you might get it?

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

You have to ask yourself if 1 death in 100 days is worth the current economic chaos Thailand has put itself through?

One death that we know of.  Even they admit there are more cases out there.  Especially now with migrants coming across the border illegally.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

RIP very young to die.... did he bring the virus with him or did he catch the virus after arrival, he must have been in one of these repatriation flights, how many people with him, was he in quarantine? so many questions because there is no detailed explanation

He was working at the Royal Thai Embassy in Riyadh,dealing with Thai workers ONLY.

OBVIOUSLY HE HAD BEEN in contact with many people before returning .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Very strange I thought I read there was not any case.s in quirentine from local or returnees.yeasteday.then some one die from it Very weird........

Where did you read there were no cases in quarantine?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

My thai friend called me yesterday and during the conversation announced "proudly" that, there are no cases of C19 in the KINGDOM.

"More than 90 days " she added.

Who is fooling who in there?

She was mistaken. But nobody is fooling anybody

18 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Failed to mention if there were risk factors like smoking, diabetes, etc.

Slightly irrelevant, he may have had underlying conditions known or unknown but seemed fit enough to work abroad... ultimately Covid finished him off !

"Why do we have to wear masks, social distance, lockdown when there is little to no outbreak here" is asked in all sincerity.

Astounding inability to connect the dots. Imagine if partner said "We don't need to use birth control any more because we haven't had any children to date..."

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Nout said:

When you have to explain you know you have failed.

Sadly you are correct, just like the anecdotes which are meant to make people think a little harder and compare.  It is sometimes lost on those with little foresight and the ability to think outside of the box.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

One thing for sure, No helmets, but masks.....

Much more safe.

Just because people are ignorant and stupid in one endeavor (helmets) doesn't mean they automatically have to be ignorant and stupid in everything else... I believe in giving people credit for getting something right (masks), whenever they do.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just because people are ignorant and stupid in one endeavor (helmets) doesn't mean they automatically have to be ignorant and stupid in everything else... I believe in giving people credit for getting something right (masks), whenever they do.

But....a mask is not necessary in the open air.

I'm so clever or....

• Like 1