Thailand reports first coronavirus death in over 100 days

webfact

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

"Why do we have to wear masks, social distance, lockdown when there is little to no outbreak here" is asked in all sincerity.

Astounding inability to connect the dots. Imagine if partner said "We don't need to use birth control any more because we haven't had any children to date..."

by that logic all social animals should have been wearing masks for millions of years. Odd that masks never evolved in any animal as a porous flap of skin over the breathing holes. Instead, all social animals have no obstruction breathing holes and lick or rub noses with each other to share germs.
In other words, all the social animal species that choose to not share germs go extinct. The only successful survival strategy is to share germs, keeping immune system active and updated. Herd immunity is strong.
I wonder if the thai gov are going to enforce the same stratergy wrt heart attacks, which tend to happen during physical stress : never do any exercise, because that puts stress on the heart. Also for mental health, never do any mental work, because that puts stress on the brain and might lead to a mental breakdown and suicide. Same for all your other systems/organs besides you immune system, never use them, because that puts stress on them, which might damage and destroy them, hence death.

17 hours ago, bunnydrops said:
18 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

You have to ask yourself if 1 death in 100 days is worth the current economic chaos Thailand has put itself through?

How many would have been worth it if they had not?

Previously reported that there has been a 20% increase in suicides since the start of this, equating to over 500 people, who more than likely gave up in despair, are these poor forgotten souls worth it? Of course not, it was their personal choice wasn't it, so it's their fault really...and not to be included in the covid black death virus stats...

28 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

But....a mask is not necessary in the open air.

I'm so clever or....

No one is saying people need to wear masks when they're in the "open air" away from anyone else... But when you're in the open air around other people, that's a different story.

How much time does the typical person spend out in the open air totally alone and isolated from anyone else, compared to be being within speaking distance of others around them?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mavideol said:

RIP very young to die.... did he bring the virus with him or did he catch the virus after arrival, he must have been in one of these repatriation flights, how many people with him, was he in quarantine? so many questions because there is no detailed explanation

Jeezzzzzzzz.

did you actually read the article mate?

21 hours ago, webfact said:

FILE PHOTO: People wear face masks after Thailand detected its first domestic coronavirus infection in over three months, in Bangkok, Thailand September 4, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Oh, Gosh, after 1 death in 100 days that old man on the photo is in panic. Look, he also points a finger to a guy who probably is infected, as if saying "that guy, he'll be the one to blame soon!"

35 minutes ago, dastakantattaka said:

Oh, Gosh, after 1 death in 100 days that old man on the photo is in panic. Look, he also points a finger to a guy who probably is infected, as if saying "that guy, he'll be the one to blame soon!"

they should lockdown the country for another 10 years, armed guards in space suits patrol every street, no one allowed out w/o a space suit.

20 hours ago, clarky cat said:

good this one was tested and recorded as a death

"Good"? I doubt if his family would agree with you! And "this one" sounds like you are describing some kind of animal!

A bad choice of words - very insensitive. Why not say "at least this case was tested and recorded as a death" 

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

Probability goes in two ways... if there is a probability for an infected population with a virus to die at 0.01%, then if one die, you can conclude that probably 10 000 in the population are infected. But you will never know if you don't test a lot.

Which kind of idiot (or liar)  can not understand that ?

Also, the "information" is very very very very poor. We don't know nothing about his health condition BEFORE, and we don't know how he was detected (and late or not ?), how long he stay in which hospital, etc...

When a journalist write something like that, it is no more a journalist, it is a propaganda operator.

20 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

50 (not more than one day on the road in Thailand) ?... all of them with diabetic or cancer or with other problems and old.

Compared to the number of young without problem who kill themselves and die because poor... or other who become violent to survive or become crazy and kill innocent, or the one who don't have money to take care themselves and go to die border line...

Please, open your eyes your intelligence and your heart.

Edited by jerolamo

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No one is saying people need to wear masks when they're in the "open air" away from anyone else... But when you're in the open air around other people, that's a different story.

How much time does the typical person spend out in the open air totally alone and isolated from anyone else, compared to be being within speaking distance of others around them?

When you are in physic contact with people in the street (or anywhere) like you can see on the picture, you can be sure 100% the virus will propagate easy.

The first point to communicate virus is the body contact, then human will touch his nose, or his eyes or his mouth... and be contaminated.

But anyway, they do not test enough to know something. They are living in fear, panic and deny mode.

By the way, the virus is now killing 0.01% of his infected population and at first, the old and already seek humans.

The idiots on roads are killing much more every day. It is a pathetic story time for the human world who show with facts and number statistics proof that there is much more idiots than intelligent people on the planet (with or without a power to decide something).

20 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Are you thinking the same about the roaddeaths and cancer and other deaceses ?? The only thing that ourmanflint is trying to say is that the economic desaster will be bigger then the covid disaster is now and that there are maybe more deaths then only this one but because of lack of testing it looks like everything is under controle . Look at europe , those nr's rising are only happening because there are much more tests being done then before . If you look at the beginning of the outbrake all hospitals and ic's in the hospitals where full and many people where dying , but now there are over a 1000 infected a day but almost nobody is dying anymore so in my mind the human body has figured out a way to fight it and antibiotics are doing a good job to keep people alive as well . Ok we still need a vaccine but covid is still here and people are still getting infected but how many people are still dying from it compared to before in the beginning of the outbrake . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

A large percentage of "cases" are asymptomatic and are in fact not spreaders. 

This is the part I was responding to, which is simply false, as my post above documented.

The fact a case may be asymptomatic doesn't mean that person can't spread their infection. In fact, they absolutely can.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Ok we still need a vaccine but covid is still here and people are still getting infected but how many people are still dying from it compared to before in the beginning of the outbrake . 

From Johns Hopkins Sept. 18 CV update:

The US CDC reported 6.61 million total cases and 196,277 deaths. The US is averaging 38,538 new cases and 859 deaths per day. The average daily incidence has increased by 11% over the last 3 days, and daily mortality has increased by 17% over the last 4 days. ... If the US continues at its current pace, it could reach 200,000 cumulative COVID-19 deaths by Tuesday’s update.

• Like 1

And at the world level, also from Johns Hopkins:

The WHO COVID-19 Dashboard reports 30.06 million cases and 943,433 deaths as of 10:00am EDT on September 18. This week appears to be on pace to set a new record for weekly incidence—currently at 315,919 cases. As the cumulative global incidence surpasses 30 million, the following timeline will provide some context for the trajectory of the COVID-19 pandemic:
1 case to 1 million cases: 90 days
1 million to 5 million: 48 days
5 million to 10 million: 38 days
10 million to 20 million: 44 days
20 million to 30 million: 37 days

We’re stuck outside from returning back to our home in Thailand. The www.iatatravelcentre.com shows that thai’s are exempt from pre flight covid tests whilst foreigners must take them even 6 year old kids must face the nostril-throat swab before flight then 2 times again during quarantine detention. So the incoming should be fair and even for all regardless of Thais or foreigners and you have a better chance to isolate. What is the point of a plane full of 500 people who’ve tested negative but the one Thai who is exempt from the test, then spreads to everyone else! 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is the part I was responding to, which is simply false, as my post above documented.

The fact a case may be asymptomatic doesn't mean that person can't spread their infection. In fact, they absolutely can.

correct. But still, the virus power to kill is down to flue season.

There is no more sens to be in panic and make all this story.

The reason i think can explain this story with a kind of virus like that is:

1/ new virus was unknown and propagate himself quickly

2/ herd instinct who push humans to follow the move

3/ the credulity of the human and his lack of distance with his emotions (and life experiences) which pushes him to panic and which demonstrates his psychological fragility

4/ An opportunity for experts (in conflicts of interest) proclaimed by lobbyists of large pharmaceutical and international companies who see it as an opportunity to sell something

5/ This unfortunate aptitude in almost 80% of humans to stupidly believe an authority in a white coat and do what is said, even if it is absurd and if it is contra-said, as when we go to mass to listen to a sermon ( according to Milgram's test)

6/ The psychic conditioning of thrilling films where we see incredible pandemics and where everyone dies with transformations from the state of man to that of wild animal and scavenger ...

7/ Hurbis disease who for leadership humans exposed

8/ The lowest instincts of the human species that reappear when we shake a corpse.

what else ? It should have some more.

20 minutes ago, Lilyofthevalley said:

We’re stuck outside from returning back to our home in Thailand. The www.iatatravelcentre.com shows that thai’s are exempt from pre flight covid tests whilst foreigners must take them even 6 year old kids must face the nostril-throat swab before flight then 2 times again during quarantine detention. So the incoming should be fair and even for all regardless of Thais or foreigners and you have a better chance to isolate. What is the point of a plane full of 500 people who’ve tested negative but the one Thai who is exempt from the test, then spreads to everyone else! 

yes, depend of the color of his Thai skin... if skin is "damdam", it should be infected and better to come by pickup by land for work. But if skin is "souaiii se kaaow" and he has big money enough, it should be covid proof for ever on this life and the next one.

(it is a joke, but i think you get the ironic idea under the joke there)

On 9/18/2020 at 4:08 PM, yeahbutif said:

Very strange I thought I read there was not any case.s in quirentine from local or returnees.yeasteday.then some one die from it Very weird........

Seven new cases were reported in quarantine yesterday, and counting the 3 added today there have been 47 cases all toll reported in quarantine over the past 8 days. I began counting 8 days ago.

Edited by Dap

22 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

You have to ask yourself if 1 death in 100 days is worth the current economic chaos Thailand has put itself through?

Does anyone actually believe the figures the Thai government release. Last month my daughter had coronavirus after a previous illness weakened her immune system, she was in an ICU in a Bangkok hospital along with others who had coronavirus. They were all Thai and none had been out of the country. Luckily my daughter fully recovered but an aunt of my Thai wife died last month of the virus, where was this reported ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

what else ? It should have some more.

I'm not sure what all that post is about, and I'm not even going to try to ask...

For me, it's nothing about panic or relying on others' directions. It's simple common sense and some moderate understanding of the medical situation. To wit...

The virus is very contagious, meaning it's easily spread. The most vulnerable populations to have severe health impacts if they get infected are older people, with the risk increasing as people get older. And that risk increased even further if the older person has certain other medical conditions like overweight / high blood pressure / diabetes, etc. etc.

I'd wager to say, a goodly portion of the TVF readership (but not all) fits into one of the older age categories. And many among those probably also have one or more of the added risk factor conditions. As a result, the common sense prudent thing to do is protect yourself as best as possible from becoming infected.

Why spin the roulette wheel of serious illness and possible death when you don't have to?

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 9:52 AM, webfact said:

Ministry staffer succumbs to Covid-19, first death in Thailand since June 2

By The Nation

800_a1bc570c8b0ddc7.jpg?v=1600411370

A Ministry of Labour staffer, who had returned from Saudi Arabia and was found to be infected with Covid-19, died on Friday. It was the first fatality in Thailand in 97 days.

Adviser to the chief of Muslims in Thailand, Preda Chuepudee, confirmed that Mat Mamin, 54, who had served as an interpreter in Riyadh, and was undergoing treatment for Covid-19 at Rajavithi Hospital, died at noon.

Mat had returned to Thailand on September 2.

He is the 59th death from Covid-19 in Thailand. The last fatality from Covid-19 was reported on June 2.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394764

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-18

Standard questions:

With or From Covid-19 ?

How many comorbidities ?

Pathological examination made with which results ?

Actually   1  death  in 100 days is not worth the economic  hardship 

How many  roads  deaths  in last  100  days   5,000  

Really is  a  joke  

But  this virus  can kill  that is the underlying  worry 

In some countries  has  had over 5000 dead in a day  

So beware  thinking  1  deathj   mean nothing  

If this virus  takes  hold in Thailand with all the  slummy  areas   low health  areas  and  poor garbage  control  general

filth  in areas  all over  Thailand  from what I have seen  

Then God help  you   ...So   it is  wise  to worry  and keep up the control  until a  vacine is found 

Good Luck  Thailand  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Indeed. As it's been scientifically  proven months ago....

6 hours ago, Lilyofthevalley said:

Absurd isn't it.....

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's not false... a large percentage of asymptomatic "cases" are in fact not spreaders. A small percentage are spreaders. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, MyTHaiMyKe said:

If thailand did testing, they would find a lot more cases of the china/xi virus than they think they have!

Wonder why Thais are not tested before boarding the reimpatriation flights ? Really do not understand it . The risk of catching the Virus on board is quite high if people are not tested !