BANGKOK
Jon1

Renewing expired Thailand Elite membership

Anyone have a recent experience of renewing an expired Thailand Elite membership inside Thailand? I just called to Thailand Elite sales and staff who was speaking quite rudely told me that since my membership has expired I can't get the visa affixed to my passport inside Thailand because of some new regulations from the immigration. Is this really the case at the moment? Also the staff told me that for the expired membership the approval process would take 2-3 months now.

There is no new immigration regulation that I am aware of.

I suggest you complete a application to see what the results are.

I understand they are busy due to a lot of applications being done in the past few months so that could be the reason for any delay. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply Ubonjoe. This is indeed very weird. I called the sales office again, apparently the rude one was the sales manager. The other person I talked to was at least trying to be polite and helpful but of course he told me the same thing that can't get the visa affixed in Thailand if the membership is expired due to a new immigration regulation.

I think I will just try to do the application anyway but this isn't looking good now.

Also they said it was very strange that the immigration gave me a permission to stay stamp longer than the membership, even when I've read on this forum that this has been a standard procedure for everyone.

Edited by Jon1
  • Like 1

Also it is weird that they didn't want to reply about the new regulation in writing via email, they were only able to reply me through phone conversation.

Is your permission of stay (entry stamp) still valid?

in that case you will not have any problem affixing a new visa from TE.

Not sure what suddenly got into them but in the past few months Thailand Elite transformed into a bunch of rude, arrogant Mofos who don't reply to emails and are extremely cocky on the phone. In the end I went to their office and ripped them a new one. Must be all the new free money, hope many of the poor sods haven't paid yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

Is your permission of stay (entry stamp) still valid?

in that case you will not have any problem affixing a new visa from TE.

Not sure what suddenly got into them but in the past few months Thailand Elite transformed into a bunch of rude, arrogant Mofos who don't reply to emails and are extremely cocky on the phone. In the end I went to their office and ripped them a new one. Must be all the new free money, hope many of the poor sods haven't paid yet.

My permission to stay is valid until the end of October.

I even went to the Elite office after I called them. At the office also they were saying that because the membership is expired even though I have the permit to stay stamp the visa can't be affixed at the immigration but I have to fly out of the country and come back to affix the visa. I still submitted my new application just in case but they were very firm on me not being able to get an Elite visa affixed to passport inside Thailand. A funny thing is that I asked them would I be able to get the Elite visa affixed in Thailand if I had a tourist visa, and they informed me that with a tourist visa they would have no problem doing that.

They also told me that because my membership is expired I'm on overstay even though I have the Elite permission to stay stamp until end of October. Although when I asked them would I get overstay on my record when leaving the airport, they told me that I wouldn't get a record of overstay. Seems like the staff at Elite is just making up the rules of their own.

Somehow I'm thinking the affixing of visa is not a problem with the immigration but this is some kind of punishment from the Thailand Elite to members who have used their visa after the membership expired. Hopefully there is still some way to fix this. I think there must be some other previous Elite members in this same situation currently.

Krey I read your previous post about your situation. Your membership expired on February and you have a permission to stay until October, it's exactly the same as my situation. My membership also expired on February and I have a permission to stay until October.

But today I was told first on the phone and then at their office also that because a change of immigration regulations I can't get the Thailand Elite visa affixed inside Thailand.

I submitted the application and I'm willing to pay them but they still won't allow me to get the visa inside Thailand.

This is very strange as I was under the impression that immigration would allow you to extend or apply to some non-resident visas easier, but for the Elite they want to make it more difficult?

13 hours ago, Jon1 said:

This is very strange as I was under the impression that immigration would allow you to extend or apply to some non-resident visas easier, but for the Elite they want to make it more difficult?

I think the main problem is that the Elite Visa not count as a non-resident visa!

13 hours ago, Jon1 said:

I don't know much about the Elite visa process in or out of the country, but it does sound very strange, only thing I can think of is if this mob is contracted by the government, i.e. they are not a government department, then maybe, just maybe the contract they have between the government and themselves might have something written in the contract like, we the government will pay you x amount of baht for each Elite visa they bring into the country, however their commission might drop or amount to a mere processing fee if the Elite is renewed in the country.

The above said, if they made 20% commission on the Elite, that means they would be making a drop of around 100,000 baht if you renewed in Thailand, now would someone be mean enough to bluff you to go back to your country for the sack of making 100,000 baht, I will let you answer that, but as Krey has mentioned, same circumstances, now why is his being accepted and yours not, and is he paying any fee for renewal or does the Elite team get a mere renewal fee for processing it and not the commission if done outside the country, just asking.

I would be walking into immigration and asking questions, because I am sure they would have provided the Elite team with what their policy is with regard to accepting Elite visas, it might be that the applicant must be outside the country when applying, but what about when renewing, which is what you want to know, and if you ask me, I smell a rat.

Like I said, I know nothing about the Elite process, but you want to get to the bottom of it, because you should be able to renew it in house as all of us can renew our respective extensions in house, as for it having expired, well, I would have thought it's the stamp allowing you to stay is what matters ?  

my elite visa ended july 2019 and i did a border run just before so i got the stamp to stay until july 2020. i used an agent to change it to retirement visa because they said it was not possible in country to change to retirement visa, the agent managed to arrange all in country and yes its legal i went to immigration for the photos etc.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jon1 said:

They also told me that because my membership is expired I'm on overstay even though I have the Elite permission to stay stamp until end of October. Although when I asked them would I get overstay on my record when leaving the airport, they told me that I wouldn't get a record of overstay. Seems like the staff at Elite is just making up the rules of their own.

Somehow I'm thinking the affixing of visa is not a problem with the immigration but this is some kind of punishment from the Thailand Elite to members who have used their visa after the membership expired. Hopefully there is still some way to fix this. I think there must be some other previous Elite members in this same situation currently.

They have developed into a bunch of useless jerks and this overstay line is nonsense. It's well documented that TE holders regularly stretch their stay to six years and often times even obtain a re-entry permit for the sixth year stamp.

Under the current circumstances there's no way I'd ever pay them again.

• Like 2

I remember receiving an email from them back in May indicating that they were adding 6 months to the TE because of Covid.  If so then all of this makes no sense, and they have opened up a can of worms.  Fortunately for me I did not go the TE Visa route in June like I was going to do, decided to keep my money in a fixed deposit account and do the regular retirement extensions.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

They have developed into a bunch of useless jerks and this overstay line is nonsense. It's well documented that TE holders regularly stretch their stay to six years and often times even obtain a re-entry permit for the sixth year stamp.

Under the current circumstances there's no way I'd ever pay them again.

yes i had a renetry permit in my 6th year

• Like 2