Skin glue?

Tagged

Just cut myself, and got a go to hospital, but closest approved hospital is 2,5 hours drive away. And I will wait for tomorow to make a decission. 

What kind of skin glue can I get in thailand? 

I have cleaned it with alcohol, put in standard topical antibacterial agent, And left it open. 

Can I use super glue around the edge? 

• Like 1

Just now, Tagged said:

but closest approved hospital is 2,5 hours drive away

Just go to the closest hospital with an Accident and Emergency unit

lots of them around no need to go to an approved hospital they can stitch it up if needed...very cheap.

Superglue works I think they use it in the military ? but might sting a bit   never tried it  best go to the hospital.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you have a village clinic, they can do the job needed

I will never ever walk in to the village clinic, they would have to carry me in ???? Im safer Home I hope than there. 

When you see hygenic standard in village clinics or any regular hospital I have visited,,,,,,,, you know you better stay away. I would have gone to Korat, but it is friday, soon afternoon, tropical storm coming in,  and so on. Better to wait for tomorow. 

Edited by Tagged

I am already in contact with the insurance company, and they recomend me to go to Korat hospital

Bangkok Ratchasima hospital. I have googled a bit, and it should not be any problem to keep it clean and open until there is no sign of infection. But @Sheryl have maybe an opinion? 

I've used superglue in the past to help keep a deep cut wound on my thumb closed.

If I were to need to do that again I think I'd dab a toothpick into a pool of superglue then carefully 'draw' superglue stitches across the wound, spaced well apart, to allow good air flow to the skin surface.

Otherwise, Band-Aids or surgical tape (notched into butterflies if necessary).

But do see a doctor soon. Having open wounds and being in the tropics don't mix well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

I've used superglue in the past to help keep a deep cut wound on my thumb closed.

If I were to need to do that again I think I'd dab a toothpick into a pool of superglue then carefully 'draw' superglue stitches across the wound, spaced well apart, to allow good air flow to the skin surface.

Otherwise, Band-Aids or surgical tape (notched into butterflies if necessary).

But do see a doctor soon. Having open wounds and being in the tropics don't mix well.

It is not that bad, and if I was home, I would not cared about it to much, but have seen to many cases the last 20 years in Thailand to know better. 

And I have informed insurance company to make a case number just in case. It is about 3mm deep in to the flesh. The place it self is a bit tricky to keep it closed with tape. 

And the dangerous tool a broom which broke and made the cut. Dam sharp edges there. 

8CCCB200-04AF-4139-A283-249703B52F67.jpeg

437B495C-98A9-466E-8D8D-6A8CCD37DC25.jpeg

27BBAB0C-9747-44DB-A953-2B3F7E78A73D.jpeg

0A39A77B-3D14-4A3A-A847-88F949C75E69.jpeg

Superglue for minor cuts is pretty standard triage, so long as the wound is clean and not infected, you don't want to superglue in dirt, that does a whole lot of bad things!

We use it at the airport where I work for minor cuts, you'd be amazed how many passenger bags metal and all sorts of sharp stuff sticking out of their bags. Those people should be on a 'no fly' list.

Don't over apply, pull the cut together and dap a couple of spots on to seal it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

I will never ever walk in to the village clinic, they would have to carry me in ???? Im safer Home I hope than there. 

When you see hygenic standard in village clinics or any regular hospital I have visited,,,,,,,, you know you better stay away.

Village clinics are great for relatively small wounds like yours. Its cheap, there's usually no waiting, they give it a good cleaning and dress it and you can go back daily to have them clean and check for developing infections. Close to home and often nice looking doctors (female) and nurses. Better than making a trip to the hospital for sure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Village clinics are great for relatively small wounds like yours. Its cheap, there's usually no waiting, they give it a good cleaning and dress it and you can go back daily to have them clean and check for developing infections. Close to home and often nice looking doctors (female) and nurses. Better than making a trip to the hospital for sure.

I've had treatment at a village clinic, foot wound. Cleaned, dressed and returned for the dressing to be changed two days later. Healed up nicely. 100 baht.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Looking at the cut, there has been much ado about nothing  

Just in case of complications, and insurance issue, nothing else. Back home, I would not bothered, but after 15 years in Thailand I have seen to many cases that could have been avoided, and often it have been people without insurance, or they violated the insurance. 

One guy had a small cut in knee, did not think much about it, scratch his knee, touched his eyes, and it happend rapidely quick and today, he have one eye only. He also got blood poisoned on top of it, and was pretty close to die. 

But Im sure I will be fine, and also nice to get things you might need in future as skin glue. 

10 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

I guess you havent seen all of them. 

Better put one of these not to insult people to much ????

Edited by Tagged

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

It is not that bad, and if I was home, I would not cared about it to much, but have seen to many cases the last 20 years in Thailand to know better. 

And I have informed insurance company to make a case number just in case. It is about 3mm deep in to the flesh. The place it self is a bit tricky to keep it closed with tape. 

And the dangerous tool a broom which broke and made the cut. Dam sharp edges there. 

8CCCB200-04AF-4139-A283-249703B52F67.jpeg

437B495C-98A9-466E-8D8D-6A8CCD37DC25.jpeg

27BBAB0C-9747-44DB-A953-2B3F7E78A73D.jpeg

0A39A77B-3D14-4A3A-A847-88F949C75E69.jpeg

Clean it well with alcohol, apply some Mupirocin cream and cover it with a plaster. 

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

When you see hygenic standard in village clinics or any regular hospital I have visited,,,,,,,, you know you better stay away. I would have gone to Korat, but it is friday, soon afternoon, tropical storm coming in,  and so on. Better to wait for tomorow. 

There is no cure for biased stupidity.  My primary care facility are my village clinics and amphur hospital and have been for over a decade.  There is not a thing wrong with their hygenic standards or their staff and doctors.  "They're not all shiny and first-world looking."  Oh my! No, often they are not.  Don't let your first-world prejudices get in the way of losing your finger.

Yeah, pour super-glue on that and tell us all how that works out for ya.  You're on your own.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, connda said:

There is no cure for biased stupidity.  My primary care facility are my village clinics and amphur hospital and have been for over a decade.  There is not a thing wrong with their hygenic standards or their staff and doctors.  "They're not all shiny and first-world looking."  Oh my! No, often they are not.  Don't let your first-world prejudices get in the way of losing your finger.

Yeah, pour super-glue on that and tell us all how that works out for ya.  You're on your own.

Ever heard about flesh eating bacteria ? Happens in many hospitals, where they do not know how to keep workplace hygiene good enough, and again, I have personal seen many mistakes they have done. How they handle sterile things with gloves, touch non hygenic items, back on the hygienic items, touch your vein before take a blood sample as examples. Even had them put on new gloves, then touch their phone, back on the patient. 

Be my guest and redicule me for my stupidity. However I have kept it clean, as they do in hospitals, been scratched up enough time to know what to do, and also had some medical training in army as at work to keep my license. But never used superglue yet, and it would bee good to have and know for later if I should cut myself again. 

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Don't mess about on your own

Go to the hospital. Beside wound care you will need a tetanus shot.

You should not wait and a local Health Centet or district hospital can do what is needed.

I have tetanus shot from end of 2016. 

14 minutes ago, bluebluewater said:

There is a "super glue" that is used in hospitals and clinics but it is designed for medical use and certainly not the same stuff one gets from the 7/11.   It's often used in plastic surgery and stiches is not how they want to close.

Same stuff, but the medical one designed so it is not burning. Both made of cyanoacrylate

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I've had treatment at a village clinic, foot wound. Cleaned, dressed and returned for the dressing to be changed two days later. Healed up nicely. 100 baht.

Off-topic, but if this indicative of health care costs overall in Thailand, it's totally inconsistent with the cost of the compulsory insurance policies for visas.