BANGKOK
Tagged

Skin glue?

Just cut myself, and got a go to hospital, but closest approved hospital is 2,5 hours drive away. And I will wait for tomorow to make a decission. 

What kind of skin glue can I get in thailand? 

I have cleaned it with alcohol, put in standard topical antibacterial agent, And left it open. 

Can I use super glue around the edge? 

• Like 1

Just now, Tagged said:

but closest approved hospital is 2,5 hours drive away

Just go to the closest hospital with an Accident and Emergency unit

lots of them around no need to go to an approved hospital they can stitch it up if needed...very cheap.

Superglue works I think they use it in the military ? but might sting a bit   never tried it  best go to the hospital.

• Like 1

Do you have a village clinic, they can do the job needed

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you have a village clinic, they can do the job needed

I will never ever walk in to the village clinic, they would have to carry me in 😉 Im safer Home I hope than there. 

When you see hygenic standard in village clinics or any regular hospital I have visited,,,,,,,, you know you better stay away. I would have gone to Korat, but it is friday, soon afternoon, tropical storm coming in,  and so on. Better to wait for tomorow. 

Edited by Tagged

Geezus, don't use superglue. Toxic, and if you mess it up you'll have fingers sticking together. Then you'll need acetone to dissolve it, which will be even worse. Just go to a clinic.

I am already in contact with the insurance company, and they recomend me to go to Korat hospital

Bangkok Ratchasima hospital. I have googled a bit, and it should not be any problem to keep it clean and open until there is no sign of infection. But @Sheryl have maybe an opinion? 

My doctor in Europe used super glue, in combination with a strip to close the wound, when he cut a wart from my chin

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1

I've used superglue in the past to help keep a deep cut wound on my thumb closed.

If I were to need to do that again I think I'd dab a toothpick into a pool of superglue then carefully 'draw' superglue stitches across the wound, spaced well apart, to allow good air flow to the skin surface.

Otherwise, Band-Aids or surgical tape (notched into butterflies if necessary).

But do see a doctor soon. Having open wounds and being in the tropics don't mix well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

I've used superglue in the past to help keep a deep cut wound on my thumb closed.

If I were to need to do that again I think I'd dab a toothpick into a pool of superglue then carefully 'draw' superglue stitches across the wound, spaced well apart, to allow good air flow to the skin surface.

Otherwise, Band-Aids or surgical tape (notched into butterflies if necessary).

But do see a doctor soon. Having open wounds and being in the tropics don't mix well.

It is not that bad, and if I was home, I would not cared about it to much, but have seen to many cases the last 20 years in Thailand to know better. 

And I have informed insurance company to make a case number just in case. It is about 3mm deep in to the flesh. The place it self is a bit tricky to keep it closed with tape. 

And the dangerous tool a broom which broke and made the cut. Dam sharp edges there. 

8CCCB200-04AF-4139-A283-249703B52F67.jpeg

437B495C-98A9-466E-8D8D-6A8CCD37DC25.jpeg

27BBAB0C-9747-44DB-A953-2B3F7E78A73D.jpeg

0A39A77B-3D14-4A3A-A847-88F949C75E69.jpeg

Superglue for minor cuts is pretty standard triage, so long as the wound is clean and not infected, you don't want to superglue in dirt, that does a whole lot of bad things!

We use it at the airport where I work for minor cuts, you'd be amazed how many passenger bags metal and all sorts of sharp stuff sticking out of their bags. Those people should be on a 'no fly' list.

Don't over apply, pull the cut together and dap a couple of spots on to seal it

• Like 1

I've also  heard eye doctors use it after eye surgery as the eye acclimatises to light better when the lids shed the glued skin over time. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Geezus, don't use superglue. Toxic, and if you mess it up you'll have fingers sticking together. Then you'll need acetone to dissolve it, which will be even worse. Just go to a clinic.

Not correct. It’s safe

• Thanks 1