Skin glue?

Tagged

55 minutes ago, onebir said:

Now I realise the damage these broom handles can do, the next time I have one the first thing I'm going to do is wrap it in tape...

One of the main reasons why I buy only brooms with a wooden handle.

I don't get it actually why brooms with wooden handle are so hard to find in Thailand, and if you find one, the wood is of a very poor quality.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

One of the main reasons why I buy only brooms with a wooden handle.

I don't get it actually why brooms with wooden handle are so hard to find in Thailand, and if you find one, the wood is of a very poor quality.

Why is it so hard to find a good Quality broom ? I hav been looking long time. However thought it was plastic

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Why is it so hard to find a good Quality broom ? I hav been looking long time. However thought it was plastic

All those handles are plastic cover over a metal handle, even those expensive 3M scrubbers.

My floor wipers I have brought over from Europe, and their handles are still spotless after 4 years. They are also falang length. ????

Scrubbing brooms with wooden handles I find at HardwareHouse. Poor quality and short handle, but at least they don't cut my hands

• Like 1

15 hours ago, onebir said:

Off-topic, but if this indicative of health care costs overall in Thailand, it's totally inconsistent with the cost of the compulsory insurance policies for visas.

not remotely indicative of the costs of hospitalization for a major problem, even at a government hospital.

Why would outpatient wound care costs be indicative?

This wound isn't by definition a laceration (cut), it is a partial skin avulsion. This type of wound generally can't be closed using sutures because the flap of skin is too thin to pull the wound tightly closed, without the sutures tearing out. Myself, I would just clean the wound with soap and water, cover it with a sterile bandage and let it heal.   

• Like 2

Coming nicely together clean and no infection. 

Glued it first but and it felt like have no cut at all. Next morning I reached out for my dog and it went open, but glue worked nice for the first to close it. Cleaned it with saline solution, topical antiseptics and taped it with normal plaster, and changed once a day. 

Today is the first day without plaster. 

The only reaction my hand got, is by using alchohol based cleaning tissues and gel to clean my hands To often instead of normal soap. 

6BD80E37-C052-4A29-A581-B6B205A64072.jpeg

A7534EA5-B89F-409F-A150-4BA5908B8F0E.jpeg

On 9/18/2020 at 9:13 PM, onebir said:

Now I realise the damage these broom handles can do, the next time I have one the first thing I'm going to do is wrap it in tape...

It also makes me think the older I get, I will live closer to a decent hosopital ????

and this time we got caught up in the rain and incoming storm, that made me think twice about going for a ride in the afternoon. I also have delt with quite many wounds during my lifetime, and think I know what I need to do, just as mentioned never had experience using superglue before. 

Ordered propely skin glue now, and make sure my medkit is up to date and refilled. 

Even small scratches can become infected, and should be taken seriously and taken care of with that in mind. 

Edited by Tagged

I have used superglue for years closing up open wounds, and always keep a fresh tube in the house for just such an emergency. My brother is a surgeon and does the same thing.

From the photo, I would guarantee that your lose skin will eventually fall off and fresh skin will replace it. But you can glue it closed to keep it clean for a few weeks.  

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 3:41 PM, Tagged said:

It is not that bad, and if I was home, I would not cared about it to much, but have seen to many cases the last 20 years in Thailand to know better. 

And I have informed insurance company to make a case number just in case. It is about 3mm deep in to the flesh. The place it self is a bit tricky to keep it closed with tape. 

And the dangerous tool a broom which broke and made the cut. Dam sharp edges there. 

8CCCB200-04AF-4139-A283-249703B52F67.jpeg

437B495C-98A9-466E-8D8D-6A8CCD37DC25.jpeg

27BBAB0C-9747-44DB-A953-2B3F7E78A73D.jpeg

0A39A77B-3D14-4A3A-A847-88F949C75E69.jpeg

welcome to the wonderful  junk world of Thai quality products, along with tap/faucet metal which crumbles when you  stick a wrench on it especially the joke metal waste  pipe  fittings which snap even if  you fart on them, all made from recycled poor  quality "metal"

It doesnt  look  too bad though Id  just cover it, did  similar with a hedge  cutter  once here then later ran an angle  grinder over me,  only  accidents in 50+ years mainly because the grinder has an on off switch that can be flicked permanently  on not a switch which has to be pressed and held. As i  moved it  over after turning it  off the switch hit  my  knee and turned back on, dangerous  as  hell, still got the scar

Those broom handles are  pure  junk, I  go  out and buy a length of steel  pole same diameter and throw theirs away, get well soon anyway.

5 hours ago, simon43 said:

You contacted your insurance company for that!!?

Yes, I did, it was deep enough to give potential complications, and it is much easier to deal with if you already have a case number. And you get covered transport as hotel if needed, and approved hospital. 

However I have never in my life made any insurance claim, even I had items lost, stolen, and forgotten. Neither food poisoning I have made any claim for, and dealed with it myself. I had 3 of them so far here in Thailand. When that is said, I have first hand seen how bad things can go with cuts and scratches, and when living quite remote, and you really do not want to put your feet inside the local hospital. Thats my preference and common sense telling me when I first went there for a visit. Some say that is ridicolous, but them about that, that is my decission based on what I know and what I see, and what I have heard. 

As said before, back home or if I where in Hua Hin, I would not have done it. I just went to Bangkok Hospital, and got it looked at, and paid whatever they would have charged me. I got 70 euro in deductible by my self. So not worth it really. 

The insurance company was quite helpful and took the case seriously, and also followed up.