What's it called

roger101

What's the box called in which you have the electric line in and multi lines coming out. I have a single unit condo, one line supplies too many units (Air con, Fridge , microwave, TV ,Computer ,printer DVD player, lights and things like hot plates in the kitchen.

It occasionally trips, it only takes a few seconds to-flip  back but some times it seems to trip for no reason. So I thought whilst sitting here bored I would check on the net for a replacement with more out lines, but it didn't seem to matter what I called it it would never show what I wanted.

So what should I enter to look at whats available.

Assume you are referring to the CU (consumer unit)/distribution board/box/breaker box/fuse box?  I think that covers the various monikers.  These will have the mains (L&N) coming into the "main" 2-pole breaker with the various circuits going out and connected to single pole circuit breakers.  N are connected at the common neutral bar, and ground wires are connected at the common ground bar.  If you need more circuits (lines), you will need a box capable of holding the number of  breakers for each separate circuit.

Edited by bankruatsteve
Forgot fuse box
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, roger101 said:

It occasionally trips, it only takes a few seconds to-flip  back but some times it seems to trip for no reason

It trips for a reason  if the appliances on a circuit draws to much power the fuse trips to protect the house wiring  getting hot and causing a fire   you should try to find the  appliance or group of appliances that cause the trip    big culprits being hot water heaters,electric kettles,stoves,toasters airconditiones

could be ants in various paces like wall plugs,switches or even in the circuit breakers themself.

1395065388_ants2.thumb.jpg.aae0952deec6bcd475c6a64e3cef6282.jpg