5,000 - 7,000 baht smartphone Recommendation

I recently bought a Xiaomi Redme Note 9, it was an impulse buy because I lost my Motorola G7 Power which worked perfectly. The Note 9 however certainly isn't perfect. It uses android 10, apps randomly close, my Bryton cycle computer Bluetooth link keeps getting lost, its work in progress to solve that problem. The alarm keeps going to full volume even though I keep changing it and other niggles so I wouldn't recommend this phone, which is odd as people always rave about the Redme Notes, I'm beginning to think they were fake reviews. 

What would you recommend in the 5,000 to 7,000 baht range? 

Anyone else having issues with Android 10? if not it's the Redme

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Redmi is a good brand coming from Xiaomi so I think you have software problems.  Iwould recommend resetting the phone.

I have the Redmi 8 ( not Note ) and haven't had problems, bluetooth is good.   Bought a few months back for less than 5000.   Correction: it is a Note and it runs on Android 9.

For a decent phone you shouldn't need to trawl a brand forum like Mi community. I didn't need to for my Samsung and Motorola they just work well

Posted Images

Anything from Vivo, Realme or Oppo. They have several models, and in our family that´s the price and brands that goes for a phone. It have been working perfect so far.

Just see to that you get one of the models with 3-4 GB ram and about 64-128Gb storage.

Redme phones are a total waste of money. Probably why Android 10 have problem.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

Oppo sounds good, I was very close to buying one but almost too many options to decide , then I remembered all the fan boys raving about the Redme notes, mistake that was. The Motorola G7 Power was flawless but I couldn't find a shop that sold Motorola , Big C seems to have dropped them

• Like 1

every cheaper models from top brands are lowspec!

in order to get up the spec/quality ladder without paying more is to buy 2nd hand 😉
a quick search in e.g. facebook market will reveal a lot of better choices in your bracket or perhaps you up it a bit to get something that actually lasts beyond 6-12 months!!
example huawei P20 etc. the last huaweis that still use android instead of upcoming huawei OS are sure to be longterm hits 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, worldfun said:

every cheaper models from top brands are lowspec!

in order to get up the spec/quality ladder without paying more is to buy 2nd hand 😉
a quick search in e.g. facebook market will reveal a lot of better choices in your bracket or perhaps you up it a bit to get something that actually lasts beyond 6-12 months!!
example huawei P20 etc. the last huaweis that still use android instead of upcoming huawei OS are sure to be longterm hits 😉

The 5k-7k range does everything I need usually, no need to buy a second hand phone with bells and whistles you don't need plus the batteries usually deteriorate anyway

• Like 1

I've got a Vivo V9 (4 Gig Ram, 64 Gig storage) which I bought a couple of years ago for just under 10K baht. It's a lot cheaper now (around 7K baht). Never had any kind of issue with it. Wife has Vivo S1 Pro. It's worth checking Vivo out.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 1