5,000 - 7,000 baht smartphone Recommendation

a tip, a lot of people don't know: on most android phone there are native apps which cannot be disabled or replaced by a personal choice.... at least, if you follow the normal protocol. But there's a way around it:

goto google play store. top-left has the usual 3 horizontal stripes, click or tap on them. choose "help&feedback". Then pick from the support page that opens "delete or disable apps on android". Then choose "tap to go to apllication settings".

this brings you to a menu what usually stays hidden for the user. Often you can disable apps here which came with the phone while in normal use it isn't possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Redmi is a good brand coming from Xiaomi so I think you have software problems.  Iwould recommend resetting the phone.

I have the Redmi 8 ( not Note ) and haven't had problems, bluetooth is good.   Bought a few months back for less than 5000.   Correction: it is a Note and it runs on Android 9.

For a decent phone you shouldn't need to trawl a brand forum like Mi community. I didn't need to for my Samsung and Motorola they just work well

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, tracker said:

a tip, a lot of people don't know: on most android phone there are native apps which cannot be disabled or replaced by a personal choice.... at least, if you follow the normal protocol. But there's a way around it:

goto google play store. top-left has the usual 3 horizontal stripes, click or tap on them. choose "help&feedback". Then pick from the support page that opens "delete or disable apps on android". Then choose "tap to go to apllication settings".

this brings you to a menu what usually stays hidden for the user. Often you can disable apps here which came with the phone while in normal use it isn't possible.

Seems to take me to the same place as settings, apps and I can disable Google Drive,  for example, but not delete it.  Thanks anyway,  as disabling is probably better than nothing.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

That takes me to the same as Settings/Apps/Apps where you can uninstall most apps, but not ones which came with the phone.

I have a xiaomi and for some apps, I have the possibility to disable them. not delete. This was for me a solution when I tried to use a 3rd party contacts/dailer app.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

oppo a9 2020 is flawless, 5000 mAh battery means i can charge just 2 times/week and 8 GB RAM ensures it doesnt go into

a state of brain dead zoombie freeze trying to compute

with insufficient free memory, not now and not in the life time of the phone.

it also comes with 128 GB ROM so you wont be able to fill it

no matter how many selfies & apps you throw at it.

its rather big but that just makes it more user friendly imo.

only a phone with even bigger battery could persuade me to switch

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mariopepper said:

Motorola G7 can be the good option for you. Cool price and easy to use.

The G7 Power is the phone I lost, very good for the money, flawless, only minor complaint was the speaker was on backside. 

The Redme Note 9 has had a system update since I bought it plus the key to get apps to stop closing is to lock them, so working OK now

On 10/18/2020 at 5:07 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The G7 Power is the phone I lost, very good for the money, flawless, only minor complaint was the speaker was on backside. 

The Redme Note 9 has had a system update since I bought it plus the key to get apps to stop closing is to lock them, so working OK now

So, would you recommend the Note 9, now?   Have the communication problems with your Bryton been resolved?  I'm after a new phone & need it to link with cycling sensors using Wahoo app.  I've read reviews of the G7 power that were critical of it's bluetooth & wifi connections, as well as below par camera.  TBH it's hard to find any cheaper phone that doesn't have a long line of critics.

51 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

So, would you recommend the Note 9, now?   Have the communication problems with your Bryton been resolved?  I'm after a new phone & need it to link with cycling sensors using Wahoo app.  I've read reviews of the G7 power that were critical of it's bluetooth & wifi connections, as well as below par camera.  TBH it's hard to find any cheaper phone that doesn't have a long line of critics.

The G7 Power Bluetooth and WiFi was fine, yes the camera wasn't top quality but certainly fine for me, no issues syncing with Bryton. Speaker on the back although not ideal better than Note 9. Battery the best I've experienced. 

Note 9 works fine now with Bryton, need to check various settings and more importantly lock the app from closing. The speaker is annoying as it's bottom right just where your finger might be or where you rest on your chest if lying down. I have 128gb 4gb memory, i think the 64gb would have been fine plus 2,000 baht cheaper

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 4:11 PM, Orton Rd said:

I have a Xiaomi horrible phones, good value on paper but stuffed with rubbish it's hard to dump like the Mi browser and an unwanted screen which pops up with short cuts, recommended and so called advance tools. The finger recognition never did work and it often freezes on sound recording when you open it. I would never buy another Chinese phone again anyway, I don't know how anyone could

You might be able to clean it up?
I just bought an  Xiaomi X3, (7,199Baht on shopee for the 128gb) and that was stuffed with ads and recommendations. However you can easily disable them after a bit of digging, or watch some of the youtube videos that explain how to do it (this also goes for other Chinese phones). I also uninstalled a lot of preinstalled apps, and then reinstalled apps a wanted direct from the Play store to avoid any inbuilt ads.  As for a browser, I installed edge which I prefer. Now the phone is much less annoying:) 

• Like 1