March embassy letter for 7 day extension

I've already been told immigration won't accept a March embassy letter for 30 day extension, but if I use one to apply for an extension that's rejected will they still give me an extra 7 day stamp to leave the country?

It would give me an extra 7 day leeway with booking flights.

I've applied for a new one but been asked for supporting docs so no idea if I'll get one. An extra 7 days would still be nice to give me more planning time even if I don't get 30 days.

Cheers

You could also just apply without an embassy letter

At first they might not accept your application, because they see that you don't qualify.

But if you tell them that you actually want to be formally denied to get the 7 days to leave the country i'm quite certain they would accept it, deny you and you get the 7 days.

1 minute ago, samisaurus said:

See if you can edit the date of the document in a pdf editor and then submit to immigration and get your extension. Debating doing this myself , but unsure how much immigration checks into these letters. I had one from March as well

If they do check, I hope you realize that falsifying an official document and using it at immigration is a crime (well, probably two crimes) that can cause you quite some trouble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

If they do check, I hope you realize that falsifying an official document and using it at immigration is a crime (well, probably two crimes) that can cause you quite some trouble.

Exactly. 100% correct. That's why it's something im considering/debating since embassy isnt giving an updated one at the moment. Most likely won't do it as it's not worth it .