Medical experts see Covid-19 risk for Thailand from foreigners

snoop1130

go back to 'sufficieny economy philosophy'? Odd how these inspiring statements come out of the mouths of the wealthy, those who have a steady job, not at risk of loosing their standard of living whatever it may be, who will keep receiving a paycheck at the end of every month even if they don't do anything. Easy to make such statements when you are not at risk of loosing much or any of your privileges. incredibly shortsighted, childish like!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

Unpopular but he is right. Coronavirus rates are far higher in other countries so letting in migrants, especially from Europe and America, raises the risk here in Thailand. Thailand and is a victim of its own success. Does anyone really think there was a grand plan to shut down tourism? Grow up.

Exactly, it's just basic common sense. 

1 hour ago, Strongheart said:
2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Can I ask a favor while you're way out there in left field? Can you keep a lookout for the new Chinese crypto currency that will usher in phase three of Comrade Xi's global domination game.

Thanks!

NL

I suggest you get a brain.

Show me where and when the COVIT-19 has been isolated and whilst you're at i show me where a PCT-Test has proven for a Corona Virus to even be present and much less being able to show evidence of an infection.

All the PCR-Test can show is that there is nucleic acid present.

Educate yourself.

Oh... you're obviously not as left field as you try to portray.

Never mind, I'm sure a brain trust like yourself will catch up before it's all too late.

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

I worked here and paid taxes for 30 years. I have trained hundreds of Thai's in that time, I have seen first hand the Thai attitude to work. Squatting here has NEVER been free! I don't stay in 5 star resorts, I don't live in a condominium, I can take or leave bacon, and I pay for my wi fi, you can jam the EPL! You keep hugging them everyday and do some research on 'Misguided ! ????:thumbsup:

Ouch! Thirty years eh? I feel your pain, I truly do. I only managed two, maybe three months tops of the brain numbing banality and low prestige of working in Thailand. Is that why you are so upset?

I chose to work and make my money and build my professional reputation in the real world and reserved this parochial wee backwater called Thailand for relaxing, beer and skittles.

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

I'd love to see what the long term plan is.  It sure appears as if there isn't one and the general in charge is in such fear that he doesn't care if starvation, depression and other diseases kills hundreds of thousands of Thai people while waiting on the miraculous vaccine which if it's as effective as the flu vaccine, really isn't effective. 

Then what happens when the vaccine is shown to not be very effective?

In order to come up with a workable vaccine the virus needs to be isolated first. This has not been achieved yet. Even if a proper vaccine is done it won't be a guarantee. Flu vaccines are usually only 10% effective. Also, a proper vaccine takes about 5 years to develop.

19 hours ago, PatOngo said:

With a population in excess of 65 million, why does Thailand even need to bring laborers from neighbouring countries? Could it be that the neighbours provide better quality, more reliable/energetic labor! ???? 

It shouldn't need an answer . It's cheap lobour. There easily exploited by unscrupulous employers

19 hours ago, PatOngo said:

With a population in excess of 65 million, why does Thailand even need to bring laborers from neighbouring countries? Could it be that the neighbours provide better quality, more reliable/energetic labor! ???? 

They provide cheap. And also, hard labour was not invented for Thais.  They prefer to let Cambodians and Burmese work while they, as a superior human race by nature, monitor them.

Go to any construction side, a condominium project in Pattaya, Cambodian non-skilled workers are (were doing before corona) doing everything included electrical wiring. I was horrified to see how bad and unsafe the electrical wirings were in my "high price 5 star luxury" condominium, made by Cambodians earning 100-120 THB per day and superwised by a lazy Thai motherf* who pockets the rest of their salaries...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I freely admit to not reading all the comments on this post. 

Everything has risk, it's how you manage it and mitigate the risks that count.E

A sufficiency economy will drag the country back to the stone ages, which is where the elite wishes the populace to be. Moderation, I understand that, Prudence, also understood. Social immunity? Not sure what that is, but reading a lot more, there is an underlying theme of self reliance and self sufficiency and self sacrifice. Insect social immunity seems to be focussed on the 'family or hive'. Protect the hive from those that wish to cause harm.

A double edged sword in my view as politicians can be perceived as wishing to do harm, and folks in the high positions certainly do not seem to know the meaning of the words Moderation or Prudence.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, davemos said:

Another day another expert...sigh.

Have  you even you even bothered to  look at his qualifications and some of the amazing things he has achieved? Clearly not. 

4 minutes ago, Strongheart said:

Your precious Dr is part of the established ruling class. Of course you must trust him. He is above any and all corruption, just like all the rest of Thai authority...LMMAO !!!

And who do you take advice from exactly? David Ike? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PatOngo said:

much more because it is at cheaper price

Yes he is probably right but you do not have to be an expert to make such reports. In the absence of a suitable vaccine which looks increasing likely will never materialise is how to get out of this mess so that life of tbe majurity may get back to some sort of normality.

Far more people are suffering from the fall out of Covid destitution,mental illness, starvation, suicide ....  so come on experts lets have your constructive opinions what is to be done

• Like 1

The big disaster for this expert doc (where we should inspect if he doesn't have interest with a vaccine to be sale soon...) would be that Thailand start to test mush more.

If Thailand test more, they will find more asymptomatic cases (much more).

No test, no bad result...

The problem with foreigners in a country where the study level is very low, comes from the fact that they can see and understand something, then speak (to bad). But as you can see, the best foreigners are the one who work hard for cheap with zero human dignity condition on place and has zero level study... much more like a tool than a human.

But this one can not be confined two weeks in a 5 stars hotel (but many farang can not too... no luck), so the hard and cheap "dirty" worker... can be "free to go" on the work area place.

Do they have to paid for expensive insurance in Thailand ? I want to know... what's happen if they are seek ? Are they tested (before to come back home) ?

And... do they have more money for work with risks ?

What a kind of hypocrite "Planet of the Apes", it is more and more like that all over the world... low morality, low intelligence, fear, panic, low instruction, interest conflicts, fake experts communications, propaganda, free market, and money first.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PatOngo said:

The quality is not better and the reliability is also not better the only thing better is that they are cheaper so the big companies using their labour make more money , and since the big companies are owned by the people in charge that's why thailand needs laborers from neighbouring countries . And because of that going on for years thais doing those jobs before don't want to do it anymore because they feel they are underpaid . With so many thais out of a job you would say they are jumping to get one but that's not the case anymore . But for us farangs from the west if you sell a BBQ chicken you will get arrested and deported because we don't have a workpermit and will never get one for a job like that . 

7 hours ago, BestB said:

So now the propaganda machine changed from dirty westerners bringing disease to dirty migrant workers 

Money makes the world go around, the world go around ..

Too bad we ai farang have a long memory. Usurpers better get on their knees and drive the forehead into Isaan mud to beg for the satangs.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1