What happens next with UK plan to breach Brexit divorce treaty?

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Quite the opposite, I had a great laugh. And even more so at you for getting all wet in your pants for nothing because you didn’t read past the headline of your Mickey Mouse paper ????  

Learned another English colloquialism have we?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RayC said:

No need to stick with The Guardian; we're spoilt for choice when it comes to reputable news sources reporting on Johnson's dismal performance. Personally, I prefer that Trotskyist journal, the FT. Any number of articles describing Johnson's failings to choose from.

https://www.ft.com/topics/people/Boris_Johnson

Here's another headline for you. Have you seen it in any of your Remainer rags?

image.png.d8ec306250bf4d81129203e62070ad54.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1338720/brexit-news-trade-talks-michel-barnier-eu-fold-last-minute-spt

I don't normally place much faith in what the papers say, their dodgy polls, or the contrived claptrap that some Remainers love to link to. I just thought you might like some balance to your Britain and Boris bashing. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 1:45 PM, twocatsmac said:

“I wonder how long it will take before the majority of the UK population will realize what a stupid idea that Brexit is.”

I wonder how long it will take before the majority of remainers will realize that they lost the referendum vote on Brexit. 

Bye 

On 9/19/2020 at 1:45 PM, twocatsmac said:

“I wonder how long it will take before the majority of the UK population will realize what a stupid idea that Brexit is.”

I wonder how long it will take before the majority of remainers will realize that they lost the referendum vote on Brexit. 

Bye bye EU.

555. I wonder how long it will take Leave to realize your screwed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

You didnt read this one either.

He said in June: “Agreement of this type, such important agreements, are always agreed at the last minute, if there is agreement. 

Thats right he said that in June. Before Johnson pulled the pin on the WA. And you will also note he said IF there is agreement. So no sign of folding at the last minute at all.

The way things stand any deal needs to be ratified by all the member states. The way the brexiteers have annoyed everyone in europe theres a good chance several might refuse to sign it.

How about this one then, a late deal:

image.png.fa841422d7ccc35b9d9e80edb0c2766c.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1338882/Brexit-news-EU-talks-Boris-Johnson-internal-market-bill-house-of-lords-northern-ireland-WA

The Internal Markets Bill passed another stage last night too.

38 minutes ago, Loiner said:

How about this one then, a late deal:

image.png.fa841422d7ccc35b9d9e80edb0c2766c.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1338882/Brexit-news-EU-talks-Boris-Johnson-internal-market-bill-house-of-lords-northern-ireland-WA

The Internal Markets Bill passed another stage last night too.

ROFL.

Do you think for one second anyone trusts Johnson and the Brexiteers any more?

He's effectively saying "Give us the deal we want and then trust us not to proceed with the bill".

The EU is going to laugh in his face.

Now if I was the EU I would hand over a document listing everything the EU wants and tell the Brexiteers take it or leave it.

Hell I would even throw in stuff like "From now on the UK's national anthem has to be played backwards".

Everything and anything just to make sure there is no way Johnson can sign it. Make it perfectly clear that its no longer a case of the UK leaving its a case of the UK getting thrown out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The EU does not have International standing because it is only a multi-national organisation headed by a management hierarchy housed in Brussels. When it forms into the United States of Europe that is when it gains International standing by right. Until then, the WA agreement is no more than a contract between the UK and the EU on the terms of the UK's final withdrawal from the EU. To this end then the WA is subject to Laws of Contract and as such if the WA was challenged in court is will be deemed to be an unfair contract hence annulled. Boris is ahead of himself over the amendments to the WA, but knows that if Brussels challenges his amendments to it in court then the EU will lose the case.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1338124/brexit-news-eu-city-of-london-euro-clearing-brexit-trade-talks

EU caves: UK secures huge victory over London finances - Brussels give in after threat

BRUSSELS has granted permission to European banks to trade trillions of pounds through the City of London until 2022 amid fears of an acrimonious split with Britain.

28 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

The EU does not have International standing because it is only a multi-national organisation headed by a management hierarchy housed in Brussels. When it forms into the United States of Europe that is when it gains International standing by right. Until then, the WA agreement is no more than a contract between the UK and the EU on the terms of the UK's final withdrawal from the EU. To this end then the WA is subject to Laws of Contract and as such if the WA was challenged in court is will be deemed to be an unfair contract hence annulled. Boris is ahead of himself over the amendments to the WA, but knows that if Brussels challenges his amendments to it in court then the EU will lose the case.

You seem to be well informed. Which court would be competent in this case?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And once again with the Express read the small print.

This time-limited decision has a very practical rationale, because it gives EU market participants the time they need to reduce their excessive exposures to UK-based CCPs, and EU CCPs the time to build up their clearing capability.

So the city and the EU has 2 years to move all its business.

Perfect timing for Scotland to extract itself and welcome all the business fleeing Brexit England. Oh and, of course, the independent state of Gibraltar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course the French/German want no deal, if they can create tariffs/penalties vs UK it creates enough barriers to make their inefficient protection racket competitive - this is particularly true for financial services where they have made no progress thus far..

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

Here's another headline for you. Have you seen it in any of your Remainer rags?

image.png.d8ec306250bf4d81129203e62070ad54.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1338720/brexit-news-trade-talks-michel-barnier-eu-fold-last-minute-spt

I don't normally place much faith in what the papers say, their dodgy polls, or the contrived claptrap that some Remainers love to link to. I just thought you might like some balance to your Britain and Boris bashing. 

Oh, dear. Have your "rebuttals" really become this desperate? Another non story, and another Daily Express article where the content bears no relation to the headline.

In case you hadn't noticed, they are quoting what Barnier said in June. Don't you think that the UK's stated intention a week or so ago to blatantly disregard international law might changed views and have hardened attitudes in Brussels?

Postscript: Apologies to @Rookiescot. I can see that my reply duplicates yours. 

Edited by RayC
Postscript
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RayC said:

Oh, dear. Have your "rebuttals" really become this desperate? Another non story, and another Daily Express article where the content bears no relation to the headline.

In case you hadn't noticed, they are quoting what Barnier said in June. Don't you think that the UK's stated intention a week or so ago to blatantly disregard international law might changed views and have hardened attitudes in Brussels?

Postscript: Apologies to @Rookiescot. I can see that my reply duplicates yours. 

Do you like these? They're much better than you Garuniad nonsense.

image.png.4c9ef2e201eb138c87e508e5e2e525c4.png

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1338959/EU-news-Boris-Johnson-Michel-Barnier-Brexit-latest-UK-trade-talks-Brussels-no-deal-update

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

The EU will do anything in it's power to stop a successful Brexit. They will obfuscate and delay for as long as they can. They are like a religious cult and will never compromise on their dogmatic beliefs.

So the best thing to do is prepare for a WHO Brexit.

I think that WHO have got their hands full dealing with another issue at the moment.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

This time-limited decision has a very practical rationale, because it gives EU market participants the time they need to reduce their excessive exposures to UK-based CCPs, and EU CCPs the time to build up their clearing capability.

There is an excellent article in today's FT on these issues: 'Brussels battles the City'. I am not in the pay of the FT honest, guv.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please delete. Duplication

Edited by RayC
Duplication

(Remember only 4 days before month ending given E.U.'s warning about breaking international treaty ….???? )

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/25/brexit-brussels-punctures-optimism-that-deal-in-sight

Brexit: Brussels punctures optimism that deal is in sight
EU sources fear Boris Johnson hasn’t yet got backing for compromises on state aid to business

Daniel Boffey and Jennifer Rankin in Brussels and Lisa O'Carroll in London
Fri 25 Sep 2020 17.44 BST

2020-09-26_011951.png

Brussels has sought to puncture an outbreak of optimism over an imminent Brexit deal, amid fears Boris Johnson has not secured the backing of key advisers and his party for the compromises needed in the final stretch of negotiations.With the UK government yet to offer a way forward on the most contentious issues, and trust in Downing Street at a low ebb, senior EU officials treated with scepticism reports that the UK could see a way to secure a deal.

The EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, told ministers from the 27 member states this week that there was “a more open atmosphere at the negotiating table”, according to diplomatic sources in Brussels. But he had also emphasised that “substantial differences of opinion remain, particularly on a level playing field” – the issue of state aid to businesses.

While Downing Street is keen to move into intensive “tunnel” negotiations to allow both sides to be creative before emerging at the leaders’ summit on 15 October with a solution to the most intransigent problems, Brussels is not convinced the prime minister yet has the support of his colleagues to commit to what might emerge.

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1