What happens next with UK plan to breach Brexit divorce treaty?

snoop1130

46 minutes ago, kingdong said:

what uk workers union rules? with a glut of labour from the eu over 2 million of them under the "freedom of movement" the unions here have no power.

So no " land of hope and glory" anyway ???

19 minutes ago, Opl said:

our word is our bond, if it suits us

OK, noted

FYI-

(The 'Rhubarb' brigade won't like this but it explains the situation pretty well which is why I have posted it. 'Content' rather than 'poster' pleaasse....& that includes the narrator in the clip!)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Speak for yourself, not for me. I am European, I am a British citizen,

Well you are entitled to your opinion and who you want to identify with yourself. Where you born in the UK?

I am not English

Well You can be Scottish, Welsh or from Northern Ireland or even one of the hundreds of thousands who were not born in the UK but have a British passport and call themselves a British citizen.

If the French fishermen had sold their rights to fish in their own waters - as many British fishermen did - then they would probably be content.

The British government of that time gave them away. Yes we are now claiming them back. The point being allowing someone to take your food away from you is a stupid thing. Even the french wouldn't do that.

Retribution time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The EU does. See Brexit. 

Really everyone meaning the 26 other nations. Show me the evidence for that or are you trying to be funny, which you are clearly not or just factually wrong on all counts. We know which one, so no need to respond.

Even on the UK's referendum the EU asked he UK to hold another referendum, like they do in Holland or Ireland or ignore it. Keep voting until hey get the desired result.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Every EU member states has the same rights as the UK exercised. They can leave at any time. They don’t even have to hold a referendum for it. It’s their own domestic business as a sovereign nation and member state. 

It clearly did not. 

It clearly did not. 

You need to do your homework and read the treaties before posting false information like this. 

like you do wiyh your big red bus obsession.

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

I saw it through to the end. I disagree; it explained nothing. A broad generalisation but, in essence, the content consisted of Mr. Taylor - who is he? - reading out clauses from the 'Internal Market Bill', and then "explaining" that the clause was necessary because you can't trust the EU.

For that reason, I assume that Mr. Taylor didn't support the Withdrawal Agreement (WA) in the first place. However, that's not the point. The WA was signed. This video does not justify why it should be broken. Surely, the only explanations are either 1) Johnson doesn't think international Agreements are binding and/or 2) he didn't realise what he was signing and, somehow, that makes the WA null and void.

Thanks for watching. Understanding the situation is entirely down to the individual regardless of which side they happen to agree with. I hope the Ponti's find it useful too ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The Lords can delay and amend a Bill, they cannot refuse to pass it.

The Lords did send the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill back to the Commons on the 21st January with some amendments; which the Commons rejected and sent the Bill back to the Lords the next day. This time the Lords passed it and the Bill received Royal Assent on the 23rd January.

The Lords can reject a Bill up to three times, after that the Speaker can by pass the Lords and send it straight to the Monarch for Royal Assent; which, of course, she has to give.

So even had the Lords gone down this route, it would only have delayed the Bill, and therefore the Act, by a few days.

Like all Bills, this one lapsed when the General Election was called.

The parts of the Bill which Remainers in Parliament had added were all removed by Johnson when the Bill was presented again to Parliament after the election.

The main part which Boris now wants to remove, the customs border down the Irish sea between Northern Ireland and Great Britain, is something the woman you lot accuse of being an arch Remainer, Theresa may, said was something no British Prime Minister could ever contemplate!

Johnson not only contemplated it, he made sure that it was put into the agreement! 

No tricks by the Remainers in Parliament who don't have the necessary number of seats to so do, even if they wanted to.

No tricks by the EU, who acted in good faith.

All the tricks, deceit and lies have come from Number 10.

Johnson could unilaterally ditch all of the agreement at anytime; if he his happy for this country to be seen as an untrustworthy pariah by the rest of the world. 

You seem to want that, but, for all his faults, I don't believe that Johnson does.

So Boris out-tricked the Remainers and EU! Well done Boris.

The IMB will sort out their attempts to further split NI from the UK. Now we just need to ditch whatever other parts of the WA could be used against the UK. 

22 hours ago, Loiner said:

Then stop bringing Ireland into the Brexit negotiations. You cannot be the EU's lever to get their rules in place, and possibly even your own republican hopes closer. Stick on your own side of the border.

Showing your ignorance again.

Ireland is part of this because of the Good Friday Agreement; because of the land border between North and South.

Interesting that so many Brexiteers, including you, who frequently proclaim their firm love of democracy, seem willing for the democratic wish of the majority of the people of Northern Ireland to remain part of the UK thrown away; willing to force them into the Republic against their will!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Almost as tired as people telling us Brits we were wrong, we didn't know what we voted for, we are less intelligent, the UK will be like North Korea, It doesn't matter that we were lied to getting into the EU (EEC), The referendum wasn't legally binding, we were lied to by the leave campaign..... the list is endless.

Most of the people who are telling all this are, like me, British!

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

<snip>

The British government of that time gave them away. Yes we are now claiming them back.

The British government did not give our fishing quota rights away. The British government allocated those quota rights to British fleet owners.

The majority of those British fleet owners then sold those quota rights to foreign, EU fleet owners.

Privatising the seas: how the UK turned fishing rights into a commodity